UBB.Dev
Posted By: Charles video projectors - 02/21/2005 7:21 AM
ok so you guessed it from the title this has nothing to do with UBB.

I am thinking of getting some cheap video projector to play with (read watch movies and tv shows) and actually did a few bids on ebay on some (very) old stuff.

don't really want to spend more than £150 on second hand gear anyway wink

the story is the following: I had this pair of huge 200w speakers stacked in a corner so wanted a cheap amp in order to use them. looking on the net I found a refurbished yam amp (6x60w) for £100 which was way less than what the local shop was asking for a basic 2x100W amp and it comes with RDS radio, DTS, dolby didgital and such and 2 years warranty.

so I now have this amp and think to myself, well since I have a surround amp why not get speakers for it? (when I actually bought it because it was cheap and I wanted to use my existing speakers :rolleyes: )

so bought myself a nice JBL simply cinema system for €200/£160 when it retailed this summer for €600 and is supposed to have a very good sound and good subwoofer (better than my amp anyway)

so you probably know how it went next wink I have the amp, I have the speakers, my tv is crap why not get an old second hand projector...

hence the ebaying, but I don't expect much result in my range of price. On the other hand I realised that products on ebay USA were actually much cheaper so i am wondering if some you guy would know of some good/reliable place where i could order (remember I am in London/UK) a second hand projector and I am far from looking for the top of the range wink (the stuff costs an arm and leg over here frown )

actually if you happen to have an old one taking dust somewhere let me know too wink

thanks tipsy

(and I am actually already looking at the screens on ebay, but as they say I will not sell the bear skin before I catch the bear so it will have to wait wink )
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: video projectors - 02/21/2005 6:24 PM
You can save hundreds on www.priceline.com (I did smile ). Anything Sony or Toshiba should be a nice picture. What size screen are you looking for?
Posted By: Charles Re: video projectors - 02/21/2005 7:07 PM
priceline seems to be doing travels stuff only no?

since I have close to no budget I am not really looking for a specific screen size wink I guess right now as long as it is cheap it will do the trick smile

edit: appaarently 48"x48" or 51"x51" seems to be petty standard screen size.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: video projectors - 02/22/2005 2:42 AM
I like
www.pricewatch.com
www.pricegrabber.com

Though on most things you'll find that just going to www.newegg.com will save you a load of time (i tend to just go there and buy what i want as i know shipping will be cheap and the item will be cheaper than anywhere else).
Posted By: Charles Re: video projectors - 02/22/2005 6:43 AM
thanks gizmo smile what about secondhand shops, do you have any of those?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: video projectors - 02/22/2005 8:07 PM
Originally posted by Charles:

priceline seems to be doing travels stuff only no?
ok, I'm an eejit, I thought 'pricegrabber' and typed 'priceline' tipsy I bought stuff off pricegrabber last night, they're very handy smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: video projectors - 02/22/2005 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Charles:

thanks gizmo smile what about secondhand shops, do you have any of those?
:thinks: just amazon shops and the ebay :-/...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: video projectors - 02/23/2005 5:42 AM
You can also try www.half.com and www.overstock.com smile
Posted By: Charles Re: video projectors - 02/23/2005 3:02 PM
checking all of them thabks smile
© UBB.Developers