UBB.Dev
Posted By: Neptin Free Vistor Tracking/Statisics? - 02/19/2005 2:23 AM
With the handy spider-friendly URLs I am getting visits to lots of threads within my board. I'd like to know where all these visits are coming from. Can anyone reccomend a free tracking service that is good for bulletin boards such as UBB, that lists totals and such. I used eXTReMe Tracking, but that doesn't track multiple page. And, I tried SiteMeter.com but that doesn't list totals I don't beleive.. nor does it have the ability to exclude visits from within my own domain.
Posted By: Charles Re: Free Vistor Tracking/Statisics? - 02/19/2005 3:48 AM
you might want to check your server logs. The information you are looking for should be there smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Free Vistor Tracking/Statisics? - 02/19/2005 11:30 AM
Myself I use AWStats to monitor all of my site traffic, I'm able to look at what search engines are visiting as well as a load of other data (all taken from the server logs).

In order to "automate" statistics updating you'll need to have your host setup a cronjob; unless you feel like updating the stats manually...

My examples:
http://stats.undergroundnews.com/cgi-bin/awstats.pl (I have a load more (at least 5) as well).
Posted By: 1QuickSI Re: Free Vistor Tracking/Statisics? - 02/20/2005 9:36 AM
Ditto for AWStats. Continualy updated and IMHO the best web stats program out there smile

http://awstats.sourceforge.net/
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Free Vistor Tracking/Statisics? - 02/20/2005 12:30 PM
I guess a link would have been good to include on my response wouldn't it... lol... Ah well, it was at the bottom of my stats page listed wink ...

I definately love it, it's on all of my sites wink ... Best way to get just about anything about your users (an additional plugin defined on your site will allow added information like screen resolution)...
Posted By: Dave2 Re: Free Vistor Tracking/Statisics? - 03/10/2005 8:07 PM
If you don't have raw log file access, you can use bbclone , though that requires you to call a PHP file for each hit (which is still possible).

Posted By: Gizmo Re: Free Vistor Tracking/Statisics? - 03/10/2005 10:50 PM
I used BBCLone for a while, it was decent, but I didn't like that I had to have a call on every page; on a large site it can be a pain lol...
© UBB.Developers