UBB.Dev
Posted By: Bookie Macromedia Studio MX 2004 - 09/10/2003 10:59 PM
JUST became available for purchase! thumbsup

http://www.macromedia.com/
Posted By: Bookie Re: Macromedia Studio MX 2004 - 09/10/2003 11:39 PM
:rolleyes:
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Macromedia Studio MX 2004 - 09/11/2003 2:46 AM
*cough*

Back on topic. I hear some generally good things about its CSS support by way of Eric Meyer .
Posted By: usr bin geek Re: Macromedia Studio MX 2004 - 09/11/2003 4:19 AM
Personally I can't stand dreamweaver. I look forward to the Flash and Fireworks upgrades on the other hand.
Posted By: Bookie Re: Macromedia Studio MX 2004 - 09/11/2003 6:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
*cough*

Back on topic. I hear some generally good things about its CSS support by way of Eric Meyer .
I downloaded the trial while I wait for mine to get here. Definetly an improvement on the CSS support. Setting font sizes automatically creates a class in CSS and puts your text in span tags opposed to where MX would just slap it in some font tags. They added a style preview to the property bar, and also an area where you can set classes to objects just by choosing from the drop down... definetly an improvement.

I noticed the have made some changes to the tables too, makes it alot easier to select them and tells you the current width (in percent and pixels) on your resolution in a tool tip type thing. I'll have to tinker with it more, looking great so far.

The one i was waiting for, Fireworks MX 2004, has some noticable improvements, new icons and stuff. New live effects like noise and motion blur. Also you can add your own custom anti-aliasing to text which is great because I found often text may appear choppy on certain fonts. Still haven't had time to fully tinker with this either.

Those are the only two I've really looked at, but I've read there has been a ton of enhancements to Flash, I will see when it gets here. laugh
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Macromedia Studio MX 2004 - 09/11/2003 8:06 AM
Yes, looks pretty sweet, any chance there'll be some student pricing? I got a brother in college and I may sign up myself if I can save a couple hundred bucks laugh
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Macromedia Studio MX 2004 - 09/11/2003 8:38 AM
If you get the "educational edition" it's $600 cheaper, but I don't think you can upgrade from that.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Macromedia Studio MX 2004 - 09/11/2003 2:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Weird Al:
If you get the "educational edition" it's $600 cheaper, but I don't think you can upgrade from that.
i believe that you can, but just through student versions...

i mnay be nistaken though
© UBB.Developers