UBB.Dev
Some old friends of ours are getting booted from ezboard, and I know vBulletin has such a converter, but I can't find any links here cept that last year folks thought about it.

Any good news on this?
Haven't heard any news on it. :-/
darn it.. frown
Wait a sec... EZBoard still exists??? tipsy wink j/k

---Jamin
You can import into a vB, then import the vB into a Threads... wink
Then import the Threads into a UBB? (really, when are you going to make such importer?)
Charles, you guys are the better programmers, right?

Then get in there an make this work... uh, please?

I'll send you cookies. laugh

(course, the other option is to send me licensed copies of vBulletin and threads, since I don't have those products. tipsy )
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Then import the Threads into a UBB? (really, when are you going to make such importer?)
Hmm, I never thought that would exist because the two products are from the same company.

There has to be an easier way to this. tipsy
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dexter:
quote:
[qb]Originally posted by LK:
Then import the Threads into a UBB? (really, when are you going to make such importer?)[/qb]
Hmm, I never thought that would exist because the two products are from the same company.
You know there IS a UBB to Threads converter.
IMHO, Infopop needs more converters. They may be losing customers... But i don't get how the ezboard importer would work. You don't have access to the data files...
With the ezboard - vBulletin converter, you can only convert the topics; maybe that explains why the converter isn't that popular...
There can be no importer from ezBoard to UBB - while we could use the same method as vB (use the "edit" link in each message to extract it), there is no built in way to reach sites from Perl. PHP often has this built in.
You can make the convertor in PHP, or use LWP::Simple...
PHP is your friend smile
Use an LWP user agent (or whatever its called) to reap directly from the html. Just dont look at me to code it.
LWP isn't a standard module, so that's right out. And the UBB is built not to require PHP, so that's also right out. smile
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
And the UBB is built not to require PHP, so that's also right out. smile
HA! laugh
Okay, so the UBB doesn't require PHP, but the convertor does? tipsy
quote:
Originally posted by usr bin geek:
quote:
[qb]Originally posted by Lord Dexter:
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Then import the Threads into a UBB? (really, when are you going to make such importer?)[/qb]
You know there IS a UBB to Threads converter.
But nothing seems to be converted to UBB.classic, only threads.

Do Infopop want people using threads more that there is only converters to it?

Just a thought I guess..
vBulletin performs the actual pull of the data on THEIR server and then imports the data into the user's forum.

That's why the ezboard script is not distributed to the public.

qasic
© UBB.Developers