UBB.Dev
Posted By: Bookie Winamp 3 Released - 08/10/2002 2:23 AM
Finally Winamp 3 is out of beta... pick it up at Winamp.com . laugh
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/10/2002 3:02 AM
Downloded & Installed. So far I like Winamp 2 better, but I'll have to get used to this.
Posted By: Bookie Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/10/2002 4:43 AM
Winamp 3 has way more features, plus the skins are more advanced and let you do alot more.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/10/2002 5:48 AM
I went back to Winamp 2, I just don't like it that much yet so I'm sticking with 2.80.
Posted By: RandyM Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/10/2002 6:38 AM
I like it, but I still have my 2.x handy.
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/10/2002 8:34 AM
I've been using it since the alphas, and I've got to say: It's pretty slick. smile
Posted By: JonNJapan Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/10/2002 11:16 AM
What are the changes from Winamp 2?

I don't have Winamp period, I just use WMP.

~Jon
Posted By: dende Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/10/2002 2:41 PM
Yea, I've been using the final for a few days now. I like the new video-playing feature a lot.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/10/2002 2:45 PM
That was the only thing that appealed to me on Winamp 3. But not many skins available yet.
Posted By: Dave2 Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/10/2002 11:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JonNJapan:
I just use WMP.
Umm... any particular reason? :S.

Yeah, I've been using Winamp3 since the betas - I prefer it to 2.
Posted By: DPK.ducky.quack Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/11/2002 3:25 AM
Resource hog, I'll stick to 2.8. Too many 'features' I don't need anyways. tipsy
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/11/2002 5:57 AM
I didn't like how the Playlist and the load playlist was crammed up into one box. I think you can get rid of the playlist load showing.
Posted By: RandyM Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/11/2002 6:12 AM
I think it's a great multi-media player if you have the resources to spare. I think the XML based skinning is awesome too. On my laptop I still prefer 2.8 and to be honest on my other machines I use Cowan Jet Audio and the Whisset player.

I think WA3 is going to be a great player though, and some of the skins are really creative.
Posted By: usr bin geek Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/11/2002 6:32 AM
I've always used MusicMatch Jukebox Plus (the fully paid version) and have never tried Winamp. How does it differ? Is Winamp better? How so?
Posted By: Bookie Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/11/2002 5:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by usr bin geek:
I've always used MusicMatch Jukebox Plus (the fully paid version) and have never tried Winamp. How does it differ? Is Winamp better? How so?
Winamp 2.8 is a lighter player, with not too many features. It has got an equalizer, playlist, browser, AVS (the things that throws trippy colors and shapes when you play music wink ), and the main window which has all of the controls. I would say Winamp 3 has a ton of new features including the media library which lets you easily keep track of your music and order it by artist, album via the CDDB.

I think Winamp 3 is more like MusciMatch in alot of ways, as it plays video files, and I'm pretty sure that MM has a media library too. I prefer winamp over music match because I find it more compact, as you can change the skin in so many ways and it is very customizable. The one thing I prefer MM for is ripping my CD's. laugh
Posted By: Jamin Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/12/2002 6:53 AM
Yay for Winamp3!!!!! I've been using it since back in the alpha versions. Very good player. Takes several seconds to load, even on my beast of a machine, which does kinda detract from the 'experience', I guess. But since it plays movies, has all kinds of fun features, and most of its skins blow any other player out of the water, I deal with it. smile

---Jamin
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/12/2002 8:56 AM
Yes I noticed the load, I wonder what created this extra load.

Anyway I was just wondering is it possible to make the main window like it was in Winamp 2.8? I mean because alot of the stuff (Like Playlist Load etc.) I didn't want to show so it allowed more room for playlist..
Posted By: Jamin Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/12/2002 5:39 PM
One of the two skins that come in the default installation is called Classic, which looks like Winamp 2.80, if that's what you're talking about...

---Jamin
Posted By: CTM Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/15/2002 10:27 AM
Bah, this means I've got to redownload and reinstall my ShoutCast Codec... frown

Never mind, I'll upgrade. tipsy

[EDIT: Bleh, I'll get used to it eventually tipsy ]

[EDIT 2: Disadvantage - Apparently there is no ShoutCast DSP for version 3... I knew it was too good to be true! ;-;]
Posted By: Jamin Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/15/2002 11:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by CTM:
Bah, this means I've got to redownload and reinstall my ShoutCast Codec... frown

Never mind, I'll upgrade. tipsy

[EDIT: Bleh, I'll get used to it eventually tipsy ]

[EDIT 2: Disadvantage - Apparently there is no ShoutCast DSP for version 3... I knew it was too good to be true! ;-;]
http://www.blorp.com/~peter/wa3.htm

WA3Plugz adds the ability to use the WA2 input plugins in WA3. I never was into Shoutcast much, so I don't know if that one works, but hopefully this could help you. smile

---Jamin
Posted By: Burak Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/16/2002 12:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by DPK.ducky.quack:
Resource hog, I'll stick to 2.8. Too many 'features' I don't need anyways. tipsy
I agree... Also; the "play movie" thingy is unnecessary... I'll never use winamp as a movie player :rolleyes:
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/16/2002 7:35 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dexter:
I mean because alot of the stuff (Like Playlist Load etc.) I didn't want to show so it allowed more room for playlist..
Why not just click on the vertical bar right in the middle of the Playlist Editor? tipsy
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/16/2002 8:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by jeologic:
quote:
[qb]Originally posted by DPK.ducky.quack:
Resource hog, I'll stick to 2.8. Too many 'features' I don't need anyways. tipsy [/qb]
I agree... Also; the "play movie" thingy is unnecessary... I'll never use winamp as a movie player :rolleyes:
Something else I didn't like about it. I have programs to play vid's with.

Matt - Because I'm stupid and didn't think of that.
Posted By: CTM Re: Winamp 3 Released - 08/16/2002 10:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by JaminXP:
http://www.blorp.com/~peter/wa3.htm

WA3Plugz adds the ability to use the WA2 input plugins in WA3. I never was into Shoutcast much, so I don't know if that one works, but hopefully this could help you. smile

---Jamin
Thanks for the link, but the build number on the Setup program is different to my WinAmp build number, so it won't work... But thanks anyway for the link, I'll keep checking back for updates smile
© UBB.Developers