UBB.Dev
Posted By: tackaberry World Trade Center Plans - 07/17/2002 9:44 PM
The Lower Manhattan Development Corporation recently released 6 renditions of prospective plans for rebuilding the World Trade Center Site.

For more information about these plans, please visit their site at http://www.renewnyc.com

Please vote on which plan you like best and least.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: World Trade Center Plans - 07/18/2002 8:46 AM
these are nice, I notice they don't include that other one we checked out a few weeks ago in here...
Posted By: usr bin geek Re: World Trade Center Plans - 07/18/2002 4:40 PM
That other one was a confirmed hoax.
Posted By: DPK.ducky.quack Re: World Trade Center Plans - 07/22/2002 4:19 AM
I understand that they are concepts, however they all are pretty plain to me. Just a cluster of buildings. Nothing really setting them apart.

I dunno, I guess I just expected something else. Gonna go review the concepts a bit more before I vote...
Posted By: drkknght Re: World Trade Center Plans - 07/23/2002 8:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by usr bin geek:

confirmed by who?

seems purdy legit to me.
Posted By: The Donut Re: World Trade Center Plans - 07/23/2002 10:21 PM
There's only one thing I have to say about those plans.

Why do there have to be two twin buldings? What's wrong with making everything different?
Posted By: JonNJapan Re: World Trade Center Plans - 07/24/2002 3:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
these are nice, I notice they don't include that other one we checked out a few weeks ago in here...

Well, I'm pretty sure it wasn't made by the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. So it wouldn't be included in those six, but it still could be a hoax, like Steve said.
Posted By: usr bin geek Re: World Trade Center Plans - 07/24/2002 7:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by drkknght:
quote:

confirmed by who?

seems purdy legit to me.

As per Fox News Channel and NYC Mayors office that site is an elaborate hoax.
Posted By: drkknght Re: World Trade Center Plans - 07/24/2002 3:30 PM
quote:
As per Fox News Channel and NYC Mayors office that site is an elaborate hoax.

do you have any links or anything on this? any online articles to indicate that it is a hoax?

i've heard quite the opposite -- supported by cnn and msnbc news, as recently as last week (and as early as march).
Posted By: usr bin geek Re: World Trade Center Plans - 07/24/2002 5:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by drkknght:
quote:
[qb]Originally posted by usr bin geek:
As per Fox News Channel and NYC Mayors office that site is an elaborate hoax.[/qb]
do you have any links or anything on this? any online articles to indicate that it is a hoax?

i've heard quite the opposite -- supported by cnn and msnbc news, as recently as last week (and as early as march).
I saw it on Fox News Channel during one of the beginning of the hour newsbreaks. A guy from Bloomberg's office said it was a "distasteful hoax with no apparent reason" for it. I haven't looked for any links about it.

I don't recall the name of that site anymore. You might want to search on http://news.google.com/ to see if you can find any online articles about it.

You know its not the first time CNN and MSNBC has fallen for a hoax. It happens pretty often. ALL the networks are pretty gullible and will read almost any press release put in front of their nose.
Posted By: drkknght Re: World Trade Center Plans - 07/24/2002 8:06 PM
the site in question is: wtc2002.com

i tried searching for information on it being a hoax on a few sites, including google and yahoo, and was still unable to find any relating documentation on that.

if anything, i think its more than likely fox news got the story wrong, and cnn and msnbc carried it correctly (i.e; its not a hoax).

here's a semi-recent news article on it from yahoo news:
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/020528/282484_3.html

and here is a pdf article (from yesterday!) on the wtc2002 gaining support as the potential "7th design" (the article and corresponding photos taken from the actual meeting last weekend, at the jacob javitz center).

http://wtc2002.com/downloads/seventh_concept.pdf
Posted By: usr bin geek Re: World Trade Center Plans - 07/24/2002 10:43 PM
Like I said they showed someone from the mayors office and he said it. They weren't just reading a release or something from Reuters or AP.
Posted By: drkknght Re: World Trade Center Plans - 07/25/2002 2:16 AM
well, at this point, ill have to chalk that up to his being mistaken smile

i can't find any relating media on it being a hoax (in addition to searching the net, i even scoured the foxnews.com site, with no such article -- rather, a similar press release for the design that i've found elsewhere).

further, i find more and more updates and coverate of the site and the design, daily, on reliable news sources, like yahoo (which uses associated press stuff, mostly) and cnn and msnbc.

in addition to all that, the actual site (wtc2002.com) is chock-full of media and articles and press releases and speaches and documented events. fully 3d rendered animations and designs, complete (and sound!) architectural layouts. plus, the designer, turner, is a former trader who lost quite a few of his closest friends.

so if its a hoax -- thats frickin amazing and disturbing wink

i'll keep looking for evidence to the contrary, however... im fairly certain its no hoax.
Posted By: MsGuidedAngel Re: World Trade Center Plans - 01/16/2004 10:15 AM
I am still in shock over the World Trade Center's! I was in them in the 1980s. I believe a Memorial Garden would be wonderful for all the innocent lives lost frown
Posted By: Adroitness Re: World Trade Center Plans - 01/16/2004 6:21 PM
Seems pretty nice, maybe they should make one flame-resistant and crash-resistant wink
Posted By: MsGuidedAngel Re: World Trade Center Plans - 01/17/2004 5:52 AM
Oh, that would be a nice wish Josh. However, the Middle East don't agree with us in the USA. I hope I didn't offend anyone. New York has had enough for awhile, don't we all think so?

I'm doing Great Josh, thankie for asking, How are you? laugh
© UBB.Developers