UBB.Dev
Posted By: Mark Badolato Interesting wtc2 proposal - 06/28/2002 3:17 AM
I doubt seriosuly it would happen, and some of the saftey proposals are a bit far fetched, but this is a cool looking idea!

http://www.wtc2002.com/start.lasso
Posted By: RandyM Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 06/28/2002 5:24 AM
Very cool, I voted yes
Posted By: usr bin geek Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 06/28/2002 6:42 PM
It looks like a hoax. Did you read the Safety section? The sound wave thing is science fiction.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 06/28/2002 7:09 PM
looks cool, I'd visit if it became reality smile
Posted By: Brett Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 06/28/2002 7:59 PM
hmm... that'd be something if that became real.

It is just me or do they resemble bateries(very long bateries)? wink

quote:
Our Cyber City will have a State of the Art External Security System which at this stage evolves around "Sound Waves" which has the capacity at a specific frequency to repel flying objects up to a five mile circumference.
Yeah right,... 5 miles is quite a distance in New York. Guess that'll present problems for air travel.
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 06/28/2002 11:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
looks cool, I'd visit if it became reality smile

Me too, thats cool. Except the sound wave thing seems like.... not real...
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 06/29/2002 2:08 AM
That looks pretty cool. Reality wise...eh. tipsy
Posted By: JonNJapan Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 07/01/2002 6:28 AM
Looks cool. 50 elevators? Uh...

But most importantly, I think there could easily be a better memorial. It sounds like the guy who thought of it all was in it for the money, and had to throw in some kind of memorial to avoid criticism. Of course, the NYC mayor isn't gonna like that either, because he might use 9 ACRES for a memorial....

~Jon
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 07/01/2002 8:43 AM
And lets hope it doesn't go under attack again. Must have nerves of steel to get back in there.

O_O
Posted By: JonNJapan Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 07/01/2002 9:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dexter:
And lets hope it doesn't go under attack again. Must have nerves of steel to get back in there.

O_O

Yeah, but the next place, as the Mayor of NYC puts it, isn't gonna have a place of bussiness, it's going to be a memorial. All of it (where the two towers stood). So, if there's a memorial, dontcha think it would be easier to go back there, if you were a relative of a lost one?

~Jon
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 07/01/2002 9:36 AM
Yes, I think it's a good idea for some sort of memorial.
Posted By: tackaberry Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 07/01/2002 8:36 PM
I actually drove by the site yesterday. It was the first time I had been down there, and it was a bit eerie, especially having visited it many times over the years.

I'm sure whatever is built there will in someway be special, regardless of what the design looks like.
Posted By: JonNJapan Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 07/02/2002 6:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by tackaberry:
I'm sure whatever is built there will in someway be special, regardless of what the design looks like.

I'm in total agreement with you.

~Jon
Posted By: DPK.ducky.quack Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 07/02/2002 11:05 PM
This design is rediculously oversized. 50 elevators, that takes up an awful lot of space. This thing looks like... well... it looks nuts. Think they could have designed something a little more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
Posted By: ©.:Sean Network:.© Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 07/03/2002 5:21 PM
I voted yes. The saftey plans are great. I think everything that is expressed can be created!
Posted By: The Donut Re: Interesting wtc2 proposal - 07/03/2002 7:53 PM
That's the other problem. Where would you build it? Can't build it at it's current site, cuz.. well just think about it.. smile

They should build it in Nebraska or somewhere like that.. Somewhere that isn't going to have the fuel for a flight across the U.S. That would be smarter if you ask me. It would still be the center of the financial world if they could get all the tenants back, correct?

yea.. Anyways.. My $0.02..
© UBB.Developers