UBB.Dev
Posted By: LK Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/11/2002 8:02 AM
Get it from http://www.mozilla.org/releases/
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/11/2002 9:12 AM
Gah, the line height bug with highbit chars is back... frown
Posted By: Dave2 Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/11/2002 12:47 PM
/me wonders whether when he looked yesterday it was only the nightly builds that had RC2 or whether it had actually been released...

Anyway... /me downloads laugh (currently using RC1 on Linux and 0.9.9 on Windoze)
Posted By: DPK.ducky.quack Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/11/2002 7:37 PM
Hehe, downloaded it this morning when I saw the big warning box telling me to upgraded on mozilla.org/start.

It seems that every release fixes old bugs and then reintroduces more.
Posted By: BloggerMan Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/11/2002 9:27 PM
I tried Mozilla, but didn't like it, went back to Internet Explorer... works well for me. smile
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/12/2002 1:09 AM
Try it for a day, or two, or three.

Explore all the options. Turn on the popup killer (under Advanced -> Scripts & Windows)... play with HTTP pipelining, if you're on a narrowband connection....

And by all means, turn on tabbed browsing and use it for EVERYTHING. smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/12/2002 2:04 AM
I've got .97 or something, gonna wait for the final relase before I upgrade again - I only use to judge sites with anyways wink
Posted By: BloggerMan Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/12/2002 3:41 AM
Charles, I pretty much looked at everything, but just didn't like it.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/12/2002 3:46 AM
But why?
Posted By: BloggerMan Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/12/2002 4:21 AM
I didn't like the way websites looked in the browser, and a couple other small things (like when you typed in a text box, the cursor overlapped the text and got really annoying).
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/12/2002 7:29 AM
Which websites look wrong?

Normally when it renders things incorrectly, there's a good reason...
Posted By: LK Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/12/2002 1:12 PM
I agree with bloggerman.
It doesn't scroll down in middle mouse, etc, AND it renders pages incorrectly. I know it's the site owner's fault, but I can't do anything about it immediately, so instead of contacting the webmaster and hoping for well, I just use IE
Posted By: Dave2 Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/12/2002 3:23 PM
I tried it at first, didn't really like it, stuck with it and it's grown on me. There is also a googlebar project for it if you miss it; http://googlebar.mozdev.org

Oh yeah, and in all vBs I've tried, the reply box is the wrong size (too narrow) -- sounds like a bit of dodgy HTML on their part wink
Posted By: BloggerMan Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/14/2002 4:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
I agree with bloggerman.
It doesn't scroll down in middle mouse, etc, AND it renders pages incorrectly. I know it's the site owner's fault, but I can't do anything about it immediately, so instead of contacting the webmaster and hoping for well, I just use IE

Yeah, that was the other thing, the mouse-scolling. I can't live without it. :-p
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/14/2002 9:12 AM
That'd make you two the only guys I know that use the autoscroll thing... wink The appropriate bug: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22775
Posted By: DPK.ducky.quack Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/17/2002 11:54 PM
Hmm.... that's funny... scrolling with the middle mouse wheel works fine for me. I'm using the Modern theme in Mozilla. The classic one that it defaults to is really ****ty in my opinion.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/18/2002 12:22 AM
The wheel works fine. The "autoscroll" that's usually bound to the wheel button doesn't work.
Posted By: navaho Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/18/2002 12:36 AM
"scrolling with the middle mouse wheel"

I only have a middle mouse wheel. Do you have more then one mouse wheel?

(couldn't help myself, it's friday.)
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/18/2002 1:06 AM
...that's the only reason you don't like Mozilla? Ok...

But the mouse wheel works for me, and i never use autoscroll...

and, if the webmaster can't check the code of his site, you're seeing it the way it was supposed to be seen, code wise. wink
Posted By: LK Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/18/2002 9:13 AM
I'm not the HTML police. I want to see the sites WELL, it's not my fault of the coder uses IEish HTML. If the sites don't look well, and I know that it's the webmaster's fault, I move to another browser instead of complaining to 20 webmasters a day.
Posted By: Dave2 Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/18/2002 12:29 PM
You'd be amazed at some of the mistakes webmasters make tipsy
On the official Simpsons site (I needed to do research for English orals... A whole 2 lessons to pick and reseach a subject(!)) at one point they put ©: -- it shows up as © in IE, but is obviously wrong...
Posted By: LK Re: Mozilla RC2 is out! - 05/18/2002 12:49 PM
If you can't understand what Dave meant, it's ©: tipsy
© UBB.Developers