UBB.Dev
Posted By: Ell Plane goes down in NY - 11/12/2001 5:02 PM
http://www.cnn.com

2 months and 1 day after people struggle to carry on with their lives, another disaster hits New York... frown
Posted By: LK Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/12/2001 5:12 PM
I HATE THEM!! mad

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: beezoo Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/12/2001 5:42 PM
Hey Ell, it's Rob Kudyba...saw your post--following up to see if you're still interested in the WWWboards to UBB conversion for us. Email me: [email protected]...

BTW, I'm on a flight to DR next week from JFK...joy...
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/12/2001 8:17 PM
quote:
Hate who? the people on the plane?
quote:
Posted By: Ell Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/12/2001 8:48 PM
2 months and 1 day after the WTC destruction, the first disaster in the entire service history of the 767 happens at 9am (again) in New York? If it is just a coincidence, it's a sick, sick mocking from the universe. frown
Posted By: LK Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/12/2001 8:55 PM
MJ: whoever who's responsible for this, terrorists or the people that didn't check the engine/whatever.
Posted By: The Donut Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/13/2001 12:28 AM
It's wasn't a 767.. It was an ABus something-or-other.. Just thought I'd clarify that..
Posted By: DPK.ducky.quack Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/13/2001 4:45 AM
I blame the government for deregulating the airlines in the first place.

Also the airlines for not taking the billions that they earn and actually enforcing security.
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/13/2001 4:50 AM
Thought I would point out the plane was at least 13 or 14 years old. frown
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/13/2001 4:54 AM
I also don't b elieve it was a terriost attack, because for the engines to just fall off, they would have fallen off probably on take off (while still on the runway). It would also have to be pretty hard to make that happen.
Posted By: psychopathic Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/13/2001 5:06 AM
a friend/member of my forums (blue pixel, not p2), lives in queens and she hasn't posted today. I hope she's ok frown
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/13/2001 8:28 AM
Yeah I saw this on the news just now, I can't believe how much bad luck NY has got.
Posted By: tackaberry Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/13/2001 4:31 PM
I blame the Wright brothers for even conceiving that man should fly in the first place. frown

All this is very unsettling. First I had to fly overseas shortly after Sept 11. Then I had to fly back to the US after we retaliated. Now I have to fly again this weekend.
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/13/2001 4:48 PM
quote:
That's impossible. The engine was found 6 blocks away from the body of the plane, and both were far enough away from the airport that the accident had to happen in the air. Some people are saying that a bird got caught in the engine or something, but unless it was a giant flamingo, that sounds highly illogical.
Posted By: tackaberry Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/13/2001 5:11 PM
Ummm...Matt, besides any at the Zoo, the only Flamingos that I've seen in Queens are the plastic lawn kind.
Posted By: Charles Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/13/2001 10:13 PM
Tacks I told you not to pull that screw ...
Posted By: tackaberry Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/13/2001 10:44 PM
Chuck,

We all well know that the threads of a screw make it exceedingly difficult to "pull" one out of whatever object it was screwed into. Second, we all well know that screwdrivers, are a device commonly used to both unscrew and screw a screw. Third, we all well know that screwdrivers are pointed objects, and as such are now barred from airplanes. If you wish to transport your screwdriver (yes, even one for your eyeglasses), you will have to put in your baggage that is being checked onto the planes cargo hold. Fourth, if one was so inclined to smuggle a screwdriver on the plane, they would only be able to sneak one of the large plastic Fisher-Price work-bench screwdrivers in their pants (trousers for some of you foreigners) leg, which is bound to cause other sorts of attention from security. Provided one succeeded in this attempt, they would find it for naught, as the Fisher-Price "tool" is much too large a gauge for most machine screws. It's also pretty much useless on rivets as well.

-Tacks
Posted By: Charles Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/13/2001 11:03 PM
quote:
laugh I like Fisher Price, I heard they sponsored the design of Microsoft's lastest OS laugh
Posted By: tackaberry Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/13/2001 11:04 PM
Did they really?!?

I thought they quit after reaching the pinnacle with AOL.
Posted By: DPK.ducky.quack Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/14/2001 12:24 AM
lol
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/14/2001 7:42 AM
I heard on the news that they acually knew they were in trouble with the engine minutes after they took off. So I don't think it was a terriost attack.
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: Plane goes down in NY - 11/15/2001 3:47 AM
There were no birds caught in the engine, by the way there is a reserve to the right of the airport. Now they believe it was wake turbulence.

cnn.com
© UBB.Developers