UBB.Dev
Posted By: blkphtm [FLAG] Archiving to a cd? - 09/20/2001 4:25 PM
I am trying to put a read only or archived image of our board onto a cdrom. I have found a web server and have placed perl on the cd.
I would like to have the paths to refer the letter of the cd drive on a person's computer. On many computers the drive letter varries.

Is it possible to modify the code, or change the general settings to point to the default cd rom path?

This is the error that I am running into now:
Error including required files:
Make sure these files exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

Daren

[ 09-21-2001: Message edited by: MasterMind ]
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: [FLAG] Archiving to a cd? - 09/22/2001 4:51 AM
oh, i like this idea, board on CD.

Bumping up for future reference and moving to chit chat.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [FLAG] Archiving to a cd? - 09/22/2001 12:40 PM
Yeah thats a good idea to put a board on a CD, But is it possible? The error your getting is either a permission error, or the file isn't there.
Posted By: Ell Re: [FLAG] Archiving to a cd? - 09/22/2001 2:25 PM
Microweb is your friend. smile

'Course, it'd be kinda pointles... Unless you're using InCD or something for packet-writing, and a re-writeable CD, you're only ever going to be able to view the topics.. /maybe/ log in, but that's about it. frown
Posted By: blkphtm Re: [FLAG] Archiving to a cd? - 09/22/2001 2:49 PM
I would like to make all the forums a "read only" and disable the posting new and replying options. This is all possible through the control panel.

Then put any messages say older than 6 months - year onto a cd. Then prune the board to delete anything older than those dates. Anyone that wanted to search through "archived" posts would be able to if they had a copy of the cd.

I have Microweb, and the files are where they are suppose to be on the cd. So it does sound like a permission problem. There should be something that can be put in the code to make it either not check the permissions, or tell it that they are read only. But, I have no clue as to what that would be.

Daren
Posted By: Charles Re: [FLAG] Archiving to a cd? - 09/22/2001 8:52 PM
Then all you need is to save the HTML with a spider smile it will do the trick wink
© UBB.Developers