UBB.Dev
Posted By: AllenAyres Jelsoft Bought - 07/18/2007 9:48 PM
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235378

We are pleased to announce that Jelsoft Enterprises Limited has been acquired by Internet Brands, Inc., a leading provider of automotive, travel and home-related sites and communities.

John Percival, co-founder of vBulletin, will be taking this opportunity to pursue other interests, and I’m sure you will join me in wishing him well and every success in the future.

John has made plenty over the years and probably made a killing just to walk away. whistle And to think... vb owes its very existence to Ted not wanting to make ubb 6.0 mysql-friendly tipsy
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Jelsoft Bought - 07/18/2007 11:32 PM
Scary...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Jelsoft Bought - 07/19/2007 12:07 AM
Not if your name is john percival wink
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Jelsoft Bought - 07/19/2007 7:50 AM
In which case, you're shopping for a new car, possibly a new house; and some new equipment to start another project...

I wonder how much he made for basing code off of the ubb lol
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Jelsoft Bought - 07/19/2007 5:04 PM
Millions I am sure (there are easily > 1million vb's on the net ), tho the final tally for this sale isn't known since IB is a private company.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Jelsoft Bought - 07/20/2007 5:07 AM
I'd love to hear it... I wonder what Ted thinks, cosidering they started as a ripoff of classic lol
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Jelsoft Bought - 07/20/2007 6:30 AM
I think I heard a coffee cup explode as he threw it up against a wall wink
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Jelsoft Bought - 07/20/2007 7:39 AM
I wonder if there would be any sort of legality suit, considering they based their product on classic and all wink...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Jelsoft Bought - 08/20/2010 11:44 PM
I doubt it, or he would have followed through 10 years ago.
© UBB.Developers