UBB.Dev
Posted By: oceanwest Summer Vacation? - 07/13/2004 6:05 AM
Where did everyone go? And more importantly why wasn't Invited
It seems so quiet around the halls of threadsdev.
Posted By: ericgtr Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/13/2004 8:26 PM
I'm no Josh here but I will be taking a trip to SF at some point in Sept.
Posted By: shortbus Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/13/2004 9:03 PM
Josh is probably on vacation right now if I had to guess. In fact, I'd bet my house on it.

I'm thinking he must work in his hotel room cause the guy goes from Vegas to Disney to Cruise ship to Disney to Europe to Disney to wherever.

Josh travels more than a flight attendant
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/13/2004 9:25 PM
And I bet he always eats his password list on the plane so that he doesn't have the temptation of spending his vacation on the puter. Because, ya know, you have to take your password list with you and you can't just throw it away...

Note to self, get self destructing paper. I hate the taste of paper.
Posted By: navaho Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/13/2004 11:01 PM
Note to self : have Pink Jazz eat the paper with the passwords, he likes paper.
Posted By: Pink Jazz Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/14/2004 2:04 AM
I'm back from my vacation BTW.
Posted By: Zackary Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/14/2004 5:27 AM
Just over 30 days till our baby is due... too much to do, too little time. I've gone back to lurking here.
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/14/2004 6:46 PM
Ug. I'm flying into 97 degree temps tomorrow. I am roasting at 80. Arrg. Well, at least it is suppose to cool down to aboot 90 over the weekend. Soon to be me->
Posted By: navaho Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/14/2004 7:59 PM
[]Pink Jazz said:
I'm back from my vacation BTW. [/]

Did you remember all of your passwords?
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/14/2004 8:31 PM
Congrats Man.
Posted By: msula Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/15/2004 6:11 AM
What's a vacation?
Posted By: oceanwest Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/15/2004 6:05 PM
[]What's a vacation?[/]

To vacate your current life in favor of a temporary one where you spend more money than you think you have in self-indulgent pleasures, which ultimately forces you to return to your real life only to work harder to make up for spent earnings, thus postponing future outings until funds increase - or you throw in the towel and just "borrow" it from your children's inheritance/college fund
Posted By: msula Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/16/2004 12:20 AM
Ohhh, so maybe it is good that I haven't had a vacation in a very long time, I'm saving money?
Posted By: Zackary Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/16/2004 3:19 AM
When I take vacation, I just stay home. So I'm relaxing AND saving money.

Of course this year all the vacation is being saved for baby week.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/20/2004 5:07 AM
[]shortbus said:
Josh is probably on vacation right now if I had to guess. In fact, I'd bet my house on it.

I'm thinking he must work in his hotel room cause the guy goes from Vegas to Disney to Cruise ship to Disney to Europe to Disney to wherever.

Josh travels more than a flight attendant [/]

LOL :lol:

he he

Yes, I was on vacation - just got back this evening.

Spent 12 days on a family reunion at Disney World.

Yes, I vacation alot.

One of my favorite Walt Disney Quotes is "You reach a point where you don't work for money." - meaning you work hard so you can enjoy life, not so you can just work.

I'm not married, don't have many obligations.

Prior to March of Last Year, I had a full time job where I worked pretty hard and was paid pretty well. Then I went totally self employed. I've invested in a number of business opportunities, and as many of you know - these keep me hopping 24x7. So while alot of people work a 9 to 5 type job Mon. thru Fri. +/- I work about 10am til 4am pretty much seven days a week.

So after all that work - the only thing that truly "recharges" me, is to take some time away, enjoy myself and my family. Then I can come back refreshed and work the hectic pace I usually do. So usually - when traveling/vacationing, I don't take the laptop and purposely keep myself "disconnected". That way I can truly relax the mind.

If I figure my hours worked to hours vacationed ratio - It probably works out closely to someone who works a 40-50 hour work week.

I've only been to Europe once, I have a friend/family member who's a travel agent. So that's opened up some neat opportunitites for me for travel and cruises. I do go to Disney alot. But I have an annual pass - so admission is paid for after about 8 or 9 days.

Now if I just took that part time job as a flight attendant - then I could really go places. :lol:
Posted By: ericgtr Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/20/2004 5:43 AM
Glad to have you back
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/20/2004 6:02 AM
Thanks - I'll be a few days digging out for sure. Did some reading here and some email reading. That's the bummer with coming back from vacation - the backlog of emails, posts and PMs to catch up on.

Spent the day traveling, so I'm kinda whipped. Hope to *really* start working tomorrow. Today I'm just re-learning how to type.
Posted By: ericgtr Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/20/2004 6:18 AM
Well you will be glad to know I didn't send you any while you were away, at least I think
Posted By: navaho Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/20/2004 7:57 PM
Josh, did you eat the paper with all of your passwords?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/20/2004 8:18 PM
Yes I did. In fact, I ate my computer's mouse too.

Posted By: scroungr Re: Summer Vacation? - 07/21/2004 1:10 AM
Ewwwww eating one of your own....
© UBB.Developers