UBB.Dev
Posted By: tackaberry Adobe buying Macromedia! - 04/18/2005 3:46 PM
bah...that's probably the end of Fireworks...guess I'll finally have to learn Photoshop after all.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Adobe buying Macromedia! - 04/18/2005 7:03 PM
Just saw that :

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3498401

smash

Not gonna be pretty what happens to the price of fireworks if they do happen to keep it smash
Posted By: Stilgar Re: Adobe buying Macromedia! - 04/18/2005 7:52 PM
Man... as much as I adore PhotoShop, this can not be good for the competitive market. I can see Adobe charging whatever they want for the next series of Graphics Programs. I guess I'd better upgrade PS before I can no longer afford it. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Jamin Re: Adobe buying Macromedia! - 04/18/2005 9:09 PM
Anyone up for a snowball fight in Hell?

---Jamin
Posted By: tackaberry Re: Adobe buying Macromedia! - 04/18/2005 9:44 PM
Also have to wonder what impact this will have on Mac support. Apple has been hitting Adobe pretty hard with programs that compete with Adobe products, and they have been dropping OS X version of some products.
Posted By: Brett Re: Adobe buying Macromedia! - 04/19/2005 5:31 AM
As someone who has to code primarily(yeah) in Coldfusion at work, i'm curious to see how this turns out. Alltel put ALOT of money into Macromedia's software, and it's my inner childs deepest desire that somehow the contract gets void and we get to go back to strictly perl(the good ol' days).
devilchili

Either that or PDF dies. laugh frown
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Adobe buying Macromedia! - 04/19/2005 5:38 AM
Adobe will probably do what they do with all other aquizitions; just slap the adobe name on it and leave everything else alone lol... we used to joke about their old acquizitions when i was at the adobe tech support center in Beaverton, OR smirk.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Adobe buying Macromedia! - 04/19/2005 6:16 AM
You've got to wonder what would be the reason to keep fireworks and photoshop, especially with pshop being the flagship and fireworks being so tightly integrated with dreamweaver and flash.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Adobe buying Macromedia! - 04/21/2005 11:14 PM
Translation From PR-Speak to Englis...egarding Their Acquisition of Macromedia smash
© UBB.Developers