UBB.Dev
Posted By: REAMERE Looking for critiques on my board - 08/09/2003 1:50 AM
Looking for any and all criticism you might have about my board.
www.reamere.com

Please reply with anything you think could make the board better!

Thanks!
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Looking for critiques on my board - 08/09/2003 1:53 AM
First off, you need to get back in compliance with the license. The powered-by statement at the bottom must be visible to the unaided human eye.
Posted By: REAMERE Re: Looking for critiques on my board - 08/09/2003 1:56 AM
Easy enough, any other suggestions?
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Looking for critiques on my board - 08/09/2003 2:41 AM
put your cells to say 95% instead of 100%, it looks quite odd how it is... Also, you may want to try to have a colour variation with the background and the forums...
Posted By: REAMERE Re: Looking for critiques on my board - 08/09/2003 3:23 AM
I used to run at 95% , something didn't seem right, I was trying to make it flow better with the Header.
Do you mean to change the background where the forums are listed? As opposed to the Main background?
If so, that seems like a good idea.
Thanks for the input!
Posted By: Bookie Re: Looking for critiques on my board - 08/10/2003 12:31 AM
You've got some java script errors, and the logout/login statement doesnt show up... also as Charles said, the powered by Infopop statement must be visible.
Posted By: REAMERE Re: Looking for critiques on my board - 08/10/2003 2:36 AM
Hmmm, java script errors?
Where at? More detail please.
Also, I don't understand what you mean by the login statement not showing up...
You mean on the top? Because that is showing for me...
More details please, and thanks for the input so far! thumbsup
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Looking for critiques on my board - 08/10/2003 2:40 AM
the "Hello, Whateveryournameis. [logout]" is missing. That is most likely the javascript error also, cause that would be a reason it doesn't show. This should be able to be fixed in the public_common.pl file
Posted By: REAMERE Re: Looking for critiques on my board - 08/10/2003 3:52 AM
Oh, I see what you guys are saying.
That isn't missing, just modified in the Wordlets section.
I haven't modified the public_common.pl file much yet, but I will.
Mostly just mods to the public_forum_summary.pl file and the Wordlets.
I checked the site with Java 2.1 and my javascripting error checker, not getting any messages.
Please though, let me know if you find any on the site anywhere and what the line of code is. PERL also, for that matter.
Thanks guys and
any other suggestions are welcome!
Posted By: REAMERE Re: Looking for critiques on my board - 08/10/2003 4:05 AM
Oh, and Al, that gradient on the Category Headers is really nice on yer board!
Any suggestions on that, or is it secret?
(keep in mind I am at 6.4, not upgrading until 6.6 comes out.)
Thanks!
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Looking for critiques on my board - 08/10/2003 4:36 AM
it's no secret. I use the colorforums hack at my boards, it's written by LK and Allen. There is no version for 6.4, but I talked to LK and he said he should be able to get a version out for 6.6. It's nice cause it allows for a stylechanger (UBBDEV uses a version of colorforums also)

I don't reccomend Colorforums for anyone who isn't very experienced with code, cause I spent more time changing other hacks to work with Colorforums than I did installing the hack itself. If that hack ever catches on, I might look into writing out ports of the hacks I use for others to use.
Posted By: REAMERE Re: Looking for critiques on my board - 08/10/2003 5:33 AM
Sweet, I checked it out. I am pretty good with CGI, etc...
When we upgrade to 6.6 I'll give it a shot, don't think there is too much conflicting code presently.
Thanks Al.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Looking for critiques on my board - 08/23/2003 10:40 AM
looking good thumbsup If I were picky, I'd say bring the total number of colors down by 1-2, mostly in the blues or that lime green tipsy
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: Looking for critiques on my board - 08/25/2003 6:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by REAMERE:
I used to run at 95% , something didn't seem right, I was trying to make it flow better with the Header.

Good point REAMERE. Continuity is important and I agree. smile

quote:
[qb]Originally posted by AllenAyres:
I'd say bring the total number of colors down by 1-2, mostly in the blues or that lime green tipsy [/qb]
Agreed. I'm not sure about the bright blue and the green image links. Your Forum Summary of greys, black, blues and dirt orange is a great combination thumbsup ...Stick with that rather than jumping colors around. Establish a theme then stick with it.

Keep up the great work. smile
© UBB.Developers