UBB.Dev
Posted By: DocDoom default e-mail notification for replies - 04/02/2005 10:03 PM
How hard would it be to make the default for "e-mail notification for replies" checked instead of unchecked?

This might encourage people who post new topics to come back and check up on their topics once in a while.

Or maybe it might just annoy people to death. smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: default e-mail notification for replies - 04/03/2005 3:43 AM
I'd go with annoy them to death... But this would be in one of the many "public" templates in the templates folder (under the noncgi folder)
Do be aware that this checkbox intelligently determines if you are already subscribed to a topic, and will not be checked if not. By making it checked every time, you will by default have users re-subscribe every time. This is likely NOT to be what your users want.
Posted By: DocDoom Re: default e-mail notification for replies - 04/05/2005 4:09 AM
Perhaps I should reconsider that idea...
I, for one, would like to see this as an option either by the user or admin. I am referring to having the original poster notified by email when someone replies to their question. I find that most people posting questions are new members and don't even know the existence of such an option. When someone replies and I see a lag in response from the original poster, I edit the post and invoke the notify option. Having such an option would save me time.
Posted By: DocDoom Re: default e-mail notification for replies - 04/09/2005 3:59 AM
that's kind of what I was getting at. A lot of users don't know the option exists. If they didn't like it, they could always turn it off.
Posted By: Zombie Re: default e-mail notification for replies - 04/19/2005 10:46 PM
That is exactly what I am looking for : If anyone replies , the topic originator receives an email.

Now , if that is possible , can we set it for only on certain forums ?

I have one forum where this would be most helpful !
© UBB.Developers