UBB.Dev
Posted By: RANCH4x4 today's active topics - 02/23/2003 9:11 PM
Is it possible to add "Next" and "Previous" buttons to "today's active topics"? The numbers for the different pages are very small and hard to click.
Posted By: RANCH4x4 Re: today's active topics - 02/25/2003 11:41 PM
No way to do this?
Posted By: MadridMan Re: today's active topics - 02/05/2006 4:25 PM
v. 6.7.3 Classic: How might I REMOVE one forum name (make invisible) from "Today's Active Topics"? I've conducted a search here and found nothing similar nor on UBBcentral.com. Ideas?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: today's active topics - 02/05/2006 5:27 PM
Mmmm.

My gut instinct tells me that you can PROBABLY alter the foreach loop at around line 634 of ubb_lib_files.cgi to make it skip the forum in question.

However, be warned that this my have unintended side effects. The TAT system is closely tied in with the content island system...

(Also, this change won't be immediate. It may take removing the TAT datafile (cache-/search_index/active_topics.cgi) and a cache clear.)
Posted By: MadridMan Re: today's active topics - 02/15/2006 11:00 AM
Hmmm.. Thanks, Charles Capps. If all else fails I'll look into that. Anyone else have secure, proven suggestions? Certainly SOMEONE out there has done this in the past.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: today's active topics - 02/15/2006 4:24 PM
Whenever I need something to disappear from Active Topics, it tends to be because it should have been a private forum to begin with. I'll look at it as soon as I can get a hold of an old zip file. I have one somewhere on this hard drive I believe.
Posted By: MadridMan Re: today's active topics - 06/25/2006 2:31 PM
Still no way to "make hidden" a particular forum category without altering the coding - which I'm not comfortable doing. And now, unfortunately, there's no more "professional support" for my v. 6.7.3 Classic. :rolleyes:

Ian Spence, did you happen to get ahold of that old zip file?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: today's active topics - 06/25/2006 10:24 PM
The advice I gave above should still be accurate.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: today's active topics - 06/26/2006 12:17 AM
Madrid, unfortunately adding features to your ubb install will require some modifications, there isn't really a way around adding something that isn't there already...
© UBB.Developers