UBB.Dev
Posted By: Ian_W Beta-[6.3] Auto Self Group Change v1.1 - 05/18/2003 11:15 PM
Mod Name / Version: Auto Self Group Change v1.1

Description: This mod allows users to change groups automatically, without your intervention.

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.3

Mod Status: Beta

Any pre-requisites: Additional groups need to be set up first via the admin section

Author(s): Ian C. Walmsley

Date: 18/05/03

Credits: JustDave for tips

Files Altered: /editdisplay.php
/changedisplay.php
/templates/default/editdisplay.tmpl

New Files: None

Database Altered: No

Info/Instructions: Be careful, with the groups within editdisplay.php, so that you do not allow users to give themselves administrative or moderator rights

This is working fine, with 2,000 members, the majority of whom have selected their own group, and had the freedom to change groups.

This works in conjunction with auto group signup mod, which allows members to join a group on sign-up. If they are already members, but decide to change groups then this mod will allow them to do so.

The greatest benefit of this is when you cater for different groups of people within your forums - maybe they have different interests etc. To this end, I will be adding to this the Auto Group Navigation Mod - which will mean that your navigation will change depending upon the groups selected by the user.

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.

Attached File
Posted By: Gardener Re: Beta-[6.3] Auto Group Change v1.1 - 05/19/2003 5:50 AM
Sounds like a great mod, but it is a bit unfortunate about the naming, since I've done a hack quite a while ago called the same thing. You can check out my hack here.
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Beta-[6.3] Auto Group Change v1.1 - 05/19/2003 10:14 AM
My apologies - will rename the mod, or remove them. Wasn't intentional.
Posted By: Gardener Re: Beta-[6.3] Auto Group Change v1.1 - 05/19/2003 11:29 AM
No problem, just thought that it might become confusing when people are searching for either mod.
Posted By: dman_dup1 Re: Beta-[6.3] Auto Self Group Change v1.1 - 12/21/2003 1:18 AM
Is there a way to have this mod but have the group choice on a generic page instead of the editdisplay.tmpl?
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Beta-[6.3] Auto Self Group Change v1.1 - 12/22/2003 10:57 PM
I can't see why this should be a problem, as after all you are just updating a table. As soon as I have 5 minutes, I will see what I can come up with.
Posted By: dman_dup1 Re: Beta-[6.3] Auto Self Group Change v1.1 - 12/23/2003 1:46 AM
Thanks dude. LOL I screwed up when I installed this and made myself to where I couldn't see any forums.
Gotta pay attention!
Posted By: dman_dup1 Re: Beta-[6.3] Auto Self Group Change v1.1 - 12/27/2003 5:58 AM
Bump (just so I don't forget!)
© UBB.Developers