UBB.Dev
Well, this hack was thrown together, and is not extensively tested. I do not think it works if the user viewing the page does not have a cookie from the UBB, so they have to be registered.
Description: Hides the administrative functions located at the bottom of the message display page from all but administrators and moderators.
Hack:
Find:
quote:
and add right next to it:
quote:
Remember, this is still in beta, drop any suggestions/fixes to my code in this message. Hopefully we get this worked out!
*bump*

Still looking for people to tell me if it works or not

------------------
I wish I were a Canuck
All they have to do is drink beer, play hockey, and say "Eh"

* No offense meant to any Canadians
Posted By: cal Re: Show Admin Functions Only to Admins and Mods - 03/06/2000 11:11 AM
About to test it....

Just a thought [Linked Image]
Posted By: cal Re: Show Admin Functions Only to Admins and Mods - 03/06/2000 11:24 AM
Seems fine to me. Nice hack.

Can i get a confirmation from someone else?

------------------
I wish I were a Canuck

Posted By: cal Re: Show Admin Functions Only to Admins and Mods - 03/07/2000 10:33 PM
Don't you trust me or something?

Me2Be -- It didn't work for you? It only shows if you are an admin or mod. Please let me know exactly what happened. It reads your profile, so you must not clear your cookies, and your username and pword need to be stored.

cal -- It's not that, things end up better if they are double, triple, or even more, checked [Linked Image]

------------------
I wish I were a Canuck

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but this stuff is in the CreateThreadHTML sub, right? Well, then wouldn't this just supress it if the poster wasn't an Admin/Mod?

In other words, "Billy Bob", a member, posts a topic -- no one sees the admin stuff. If "Mr. Admin" posts, then everyone sees the the admin stuff.

Or am I completely wrong here?

------------------
-mike
Casual Players Alliance
hmmm, i didn't think so, but maybe...

------------------
I wish I were a Canuck

Very good point (shouldn't have trusted me Atom). The page isn't dynamic so either has them for everyone or for no one. To do this hack, you'd need to generate the page every time it was loaded.

This hack is impossible (without A LOT of recoding)

Well, theoretically you could create a cookie with your user status and then use some javascript to only write it if the cookie says Admin or Moderator. Not worth it IMO.

------------------
-mike
Casual Players Alliance
You'll probably won't need stuff like this anyway.
Yup, i didn't need it, someone requestied it, so I made a quick and weak attempt at it [Linked Image] I wasn't using it...

------------------
I wish I were a Canuck

Certainly was weak. hehe.

© UBB.Developers