UBB.Dev
Ok, another hack from me. This is very small, but it looks great.

What does it do?
Puts a BG graphic for each forum description/name table in Ultimate.cgi.

Can I see it in action?
Sure you can, but it isn't my site. Just go here .

Where can I get it?
Right here

If you are not sure what this hack does, just go to the demo site I gave you. It looks really nice.

[ February 13, 2001: Message edited by: Scud Muffin ]
Nice!
This is quite impressive, very nice instruction-sheet and a fantastic thing to make your ubb really unique! wow, this hack seems to be a huuuuge thing in future ...!
< impressed
chris http://technoforum.de
Thanks wery much Scud Muffin smile i wana try this right now :)/Thewiruz
Nice work Scud... simple and works well...
[Linked Image] *impressed*
O_O
your forum rocks man, and the hack too.
yeah, this hack was done within 2 1/2 minutes and, well, i would appreciate any comments concerning the new layout of my board, so, give it a try... >
technoforum.de > technoforum.de > forum (or klick on the black 'man' standing there) - it's amazing what you can do with this hack. imagine of very little s/w-yte gif-anims (loFi style) you might use. for example. oooooh... wonderfull!
chris

Please klick HERE to have a look...
Very nice Techno! Nice site too! To bad I can't understand it tipsy
oh my god, i can't belive how long it took for some1 too steal yet another of my ideas and document it for their own. there goes my forums individuality.
dawg911, i dont think it was meant to copy your idea...
maybe not, but maybe it was too, u gotta understand that it's pretty discouraging thou.

i've seen my (my exact) rounded table graphics on other forums, my mouseover, i even saw a forum which had used my customized cp images too customize his cp. it even said OML Boards when I looked.

it really is frustrating, but at least mine uses the control panel. smile
Dude, I had no idea. I had never seen your forums. I had never seen a hack like this anywhere else.

I didn't want to use the cp, I hate configuration. I should of used a -e statement, no?

[ February 17, 2001: Message edited by: Scud Muffin ]
this is sorta normal man, you know, the person cant find a hack and just make it.. it happened to me one time actually..

mm dont make joke with my nick [Linked Image] lol tks.
quote:
What?
Maybe this could be intergrated with
UBB Hypercells
To look like this
When I get some time I might try to do this myself or make a demo for you that don't understand...
it's ok, i don't mind sharing. it's when i get really ripped off (like when i didn't get credit for my translator for code buttons. smile ) that i get mad.

i had the dd imageover code working, but if u look at my forums, the javascript ALONE makes the code unable too appear in notpad because of size.
and scud, considering it's a fellow gaming forum i won't ***** too much, yer forums are really nice. good work.
Thanks Dawg. I seriously never saw your forums. If I had, I would have asked permission to write it or asked if you had a installation sheet.

Nice forums, by the way. Very unique.
Scud, for some reason the picture doesn't show for me, well, parts of it do but they are messed up. Any idea why?
Link please.....
The url is:
http://ss-darkangel.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi
The forum is the first one
For some reason the picture is messed up
Your problem roots from your settings. Somewhere you have a bgcolor on your tables. My hack is displaying correctly. The problem is that the table that displays the forum name, and decription (which is right on top of the table you added the bg image to) has a background color of #000000 (black). The table with the bg color is overlapping the table with the image, but it isn't as wide as the table with the image, so it just displays the corners of the image. All you have to do is take out the the bg color of the table.
Hey Scud Muffin I am not by any means taking away from your good work...... So with that in mind could you please find some way to do as The Prohacker said with the hyper cells? I have hyper cells on my board and would love for the pic(s) to glow too. Thanks again.
dan, it can be done, as a matter of fact i had it done with my version on of the hack, but the problem was that it had some odd outcomes in IE , and it screwed yer tables bad in ns.
So in the style settings you are saying to leave that field blank?
Scud, when I did what you told me to do that just screwed over all the colours... why isn't it working just like the Technoforum? I would really appreciate some help if anyone else knows what's wrong, as this would look great on my forum
No, I am saying that in your actual script, you need to take out the "bgcolor=...." on the table that holds the forum name and description. I have it working great on 5.47d, I am not sure why your code is different.
This is all I have in the way of tables...

$ForumName

$ForumDesc

Try:

Code
code:
realy nice hack and nice looking board you have smile
That is a fine forum Scud. I really like this hack. I suppose there is a way to expand it over all of the areas?
Scud Muffin, Great hack !!!
One question, is there a way too add pictures to the other fields?
good question.

like forum threads.
Yes, there is a way to add it to any table. Unfortunately, I have been really busy, so I can not make this hack just yet. Maybe next week?
Wow, I just got a really excellent idea for a hack.... I am not telling though tipsy
ugh frown
Anyone get this yet ?
I would like to know how the add graphics to the other fields...

Thanks
Is anyone going to finish this hack ??
I would LOVE to have pictures in all my fields.

PLEASE smile
all the links are dead.. lol 404 page not found!
He must have deleted them.

BTW Nice board.
I have the hacked saved, anyone needs it lemme know.
Damn I wish I could get the rest of the hack frown
dude, you have to finish this hack..
Its driving me crazy !!
I been trying to figure out the rest of this hack for months.

PLEASE smile
ennyone happen to have this stored somewhere? tipsy
nevermind, thanks laugh
© UBB.Developers