UBB.Dev
Posted By: Pilgrim Instant PM button - 02/20/2005 1:16 AM
I thought I had read someone's suggestion about this some time ago but I can't seem to find it. So, I thought it would be good to bring this up again. Has anyone created a hack (6.41) that would put an icon with the others in the "Post Extras:" area, or elsewhere, that when clicked it would open the "sendprivate.php" window with the username already inserted in the "Username" field?
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Instant PM button - 02/21/2005 11:29 AM
I used to have this on my forums, prior to a recent upgrade - I had it to the left of Edit, Reply, Quote etc.

From what I recall, it was a fairly simple upgrade - I will see if I can re-implement it this week, and document it - unless I am beaten to it
Posted By: isaac Re: Instant PM button - 02/21/2005 12:07 PM
https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php?Number=117214
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Instant PM button - 02/21/2005 4:30 PM
I think this is different to what Pilgrim was asking - afaik.
Posted By: isaac Re: Instant PM button - 02/22/2005 2:54 AM
The hack i linked to above is exactly what is installed to my setup and it works great.

When reading a post, the user has the option of clicking on a "PM" button that is in the "Post Extras" group of that post. It takes them to the PM screen with the "Send To" and "Subject" portions pre-filled out - along with a link to the original post.

if that is not what Pilgrim is looking for, please help us with further details so that we can help him further
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Instant PM button - 02/22/2005 3:04 AM
Thanks - probably does do the trick then.
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: Instant PM button - 02/22/2005 4:23 AM
Thanks for the link and hack!

I just added it but I'm getting the following error when I click on the new icon:

SQL ERROR: Mon, Feb 21 2005 20:19:07 -0600 Unable to do_query: SELECT B_Subject, B_Username, B_Board, B_Approved, Bo_Title, U_Language FROM w3t_Posts, w3t_Boards, w3t_Users WHERE w3t_Posts.B_Board = w3t_Boards.Bo_Keyword AND w3t_Posts.B_PosterId = w3t_Users.U_Number AND B_Number = '48663'
Unknown column 'B_Username' in 'field list'
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/the-highway/forum/mysql.inc.php on line 133

I also get this error in the "We Cannot Proceed" table: You can't reply to a post that doesn't exist.

Any idea what went wrong and/or where to look?

Thanks!
Posted By: Astaran Re: Instant PM button - 02/22/2005 10:21 AM
This hack was created for version 6.1 and isn't compatible with newer versions. The code needs to be altered a bit so that user ids are used instead of the username.
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: Instant PM button - 02/22/2005 6:16 PM
Thanks... I just assumed that because I specified my version as 6.41 that the hack was compatible, even though it did say it was written for 6.1. I figured it had been updated but the author simply forgot to add what version(s) it was compatible with...! []http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/iamwithstupid.gif[/]
© UBB.Developers