UBB.Dev
Posted By: MattUK PM Mods - 09/29/2004 8:28 AM
I think we need a couple of mods now that limits are in place for PM's.

1. Mods and Admins should be able to send PM's to users regardless if they are over their limit or not.. I now cant mail some users.

2. PM limits per groups.

Can anyone let me know the SQL command to clear down old messages again so I can write to some users ?

TA
Posted By: JoshPet Re: PM Mods - 09/29/2004 9:23 AM
As per #1 in sendmessage.php

Find this:
Code
<br />	if ($total >= $config['total_pm']) {<br />		$html->not_right($ubbt_lang['PM_OVERLIMIT'],$Cat);<br />	}<br />

change to this:
Code
<br />	if (($total >= $config['total_pm']) && (($user['U_Status'] != "Administrator") && ($user['U_Status'] != "Moderator"))) {<br />		$html->not_right($ubbt_lang['PM_OVERLIMIT'],$Cat);<br />	}<br />

Untested, but that should do the trick.
Posted By: Twisty Re: PM Mods - 09/29/2004 10:55 AM
[]MattUK said:
Can anyone let me know the SQL command to clear down old messages again so I can write to some users ?
[/]

Imo, it would be better to allow users to receive PM's from mods/admins regardless of whether they are maxed out or not, rather than deleting their messages which might cause anger

I'm actually kind of surprised that this isn't standard functionality.
Posted By: Anno Re: PM Mods - 09/29/2004 10:30 PM
Btw, this same check exists also in sendprivate.php and should be changed as well.

You might want to apply the same tactics for the "ignore user" function as well(immediately under the function above in both scripts).
Posted By: MattUK Re: PM Mods - 02/28/2005 11:41 AM
This is cool (also posted another idea for a mod re groups) but this doesnt work when replying to a user who is full.. so I guess this needs to be fixed in a reply.. anyone know where?
© UBB.Developers