UBB.Dev
Posted By: JoshPet [6.2] Admin Request Temporary Password 1.0 - 02/25/2003 7:03 AM
Mod Name: AdminTempPasswordRequest1.0

Description: This allows the admin (or the mods if they can edit users) to request a temporary password be mailed to a user. Simply edit the user and the option will be below the option to Edit their profile.

Author: JoshPet www.joshuapettit.com
        For discussion and bug reports go to www.ubbdev.com

Credits: Allen for suggesting it.

Date: 2/24/03

Working Under: 6.2

Files Modified: /admin/selectoption.php

New Files: /admin/adminmailpassword.php

Database Modifications: none.

Notes: Easy to add. Should be standard.

Attached File
whoa, thanks
Thanks.. installed
Yes, a good one. Been wanting this for quite a while, but couldn't bother to write it. =]
Posted By: Lisa_P Re: [6.2] Admin Request Temporary Password 1.0 - 02/25/2003 9:27 PM
I was just going to post this in the suggestions and then the title caught my eye. I can't tell you how often I have to log out and go and request the password for someone, simply because I know if they are asking me, it's going to be easier than explaining to them they can do it themselves.

THANK YOU!
We should package this with your mod.

Feel free if you want to zip it all together and update your post.
Posted By: Lisa_P Re: [6.2] Admin Request Temporary Password 1.0 - 02/25/2003 11:51 PM
I added it to my mod and updated my post. I agree, this should be standard.
I know this may sound really weird, but I was able to use this as a template for something really important on my site. Everything is working just peachy, except the email is coming from webmaster@mydomain.com........ Is there a place I can change where that comes from? Like say I want it to say [][email protected].....[/] Anyone have any idea?

-peter
Posted By: Lisa_P Re: [6.2] Admin Request Temporary Password 1.0 - 03/31/2003 12:00 AM
The email address is being pulled from the config.inc.php file here:

Code
  // Email address<br />    $config['emailaddy']=	"";<br /><br />
Okay, I might be really dense.....

Is there any way I can have it not pull from that email address, and use a different one instead?

Thanks for working with me on this!

-peter
Posted By: Lisa_P Re: [6.2] Admin Request Temporary Password 1.0 - 03/31/2003 3:02 AM
It shouldn't be hard (it should be really easy) but that doesn't necessarily mean I can do it. Let me see what I can figure out.
Posted By: Lisa_P Re: [6.2] Admin Request Temporary Password 1.0 - 03/31/2003 4:42 AM
well, I tried

Sorry, I couldn't get it to work. The way it is now it pulls in the whole header section from ubbt.inc.php. You wouldn't want to change any of that (otherwise you'd just change the email address in config. ) So basically you just need to change the script from pulling the header information and place the necessary information in the script itself. (Unfortunately I couldn't do that. )
© UBB.Developers