UBB.Dev
Hi there,

I've got a problem with upgrading an existing installation (version 6.5) to version 7.02. The problems seems to be in the Import-Script for version 7.02. Before upgrading the existing database the Collation of mySQL is "utf8_general_ci". After running the import script to update the database, the Collation is switched to "Latin1_swedish_ci". I do not know why and if this is right. The problem is that no password of any user account is accepted anymore when I try to login to the new version 7.02 (after the upgrade). The user still exists, but the password is not accepted anymore. I think this problems belongs to the databse. Does anyone know this problem or can me help to solve it?

Thank you!

Regards, Johnny
hmmm... this could explain some of the issues I had with the upgrade too and why photopost logins are giving me heck.
In none of the scripts can I see where he defines that. He defines table type=MYISAM and that's it. In the installer for 6.5 I'm not even sure if he does that, just leaves it default.

Have you updated MySQL between your initial installation of the 6 series and now? If so it is likely that the default type of your MySQL changed.
You can alter the charset and collation of the table:

Code

ALTER TABLE <table> DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci

© UBB.Developers