UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gregori Urgent help needed - MySQL error - 08/21/2004 8:02 PM
I have some serius my sql problems.

A few minutes after optimizing tables from within Threads I lost contact with the database. At first I just got the "ERROR only visble to admin" message. Then, and thats is the currrent status, I just get this:
Code
<br />SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT U_Username,U_Password,U_SessionId, U_StyleSheet, U_Status, U_Privates, U_FrontPage, U_Number, U_Banned, U_SideBar FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Number = ''<br />No Database Selected<br />

http://www.hard.nu/aforum

My host can´t seem to find what´s wrong. Josh (thanks again for helping out, Josh!) had a look at it, and all he could find was:
"Everything is OK with Threads - but there's something wrong with your MySQL server. It's not seeing or even being able to connect to the database."

From the command line everything seems to work fine. No errors in any tables.

I need help from someone who really knows how to work with a MySQL server on a linux machine.

It has been like this for 24 hours now.

What really makes this a mess is that I am about to leave (tomorrow) for a looooong tour in Afrika, and I really need to get this done!

Anyone?

Please help! I am desperate!
Posted By: ericgtr Re: Urgent help needed - MySQL error - 08/21/2004 8:37 PM
Just a couple of basic things, did you try to run a repair on the table(s) that you optimized? Also, have you tried restarting your MySql service on the server?
Posted By: Gregori Re: Urgent help needed - MySQL error - 08/21/2004 9:29 PM
Yes on both questions. And I can nott find any errors.

I have reboted the entire server as well, without any luck.
Posted By: Gregori Re: Urgent help needed - MySQL error - 08/22/2004 12:27 AM
Thanks to Nikos (niden.net), all is working again!

I am so happy!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Urgent help needed - MySQL error - 08/23/2004 3:10 AM
Yay! Go nikos!
Posted By: dimopoulos Re: Urgent help needed - MySQL error - 11/08/2004 2:40 PM
Believe it or not it was caused by a corrupted config.inc.php file. Some quotation marks were missing and caused all this havoc!

One more time that Zend Developer Studio paid off its money
Posted By: RANCH4x4_dup1 Re: Urgent help needed - MySQL error - 12/05/2004 6:51 PM
I'm having this same problem and I just finished optimizing the tables. I could use some help.

http://www.highlifter.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Thanks
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Urgent help needed - MySQL error - 12/05/2004 9:51 PM
Whoa, I read that site at least weekly, somebody help quick!

I can check for simple errors if you like, you can pm your current config file if you want.
Posted By: TEXMudder Re: Urgent help needed - MySQL error - 12/06/2004 5:40 AM
Allen, I am the other Admin over there at HL. Other than file level access is there any way we can get that file? We were originally getting another error. I went in and "closed" the forums so that our users wouldnt see such an ugly error. Since doing that we cant get into the control panel. Can we reopen the forum through a SQL command? I would assume its just a flag in the DB, but I cant for the life of me find the right column or table.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Urgent help needed - MySQL error - 12/06/2004 7:55 AM
I don't think it's a problem with your forum:
>> Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES)

Your MySQL server isn't allowing you access.

If the server, user and password it's using is incorrect, you can edit them in the config.inc.php file.
Posted By: dimopoulos Re: Urgent help needed - MySQL error - 12/06/2004 8:24 AM
and now it seems that the main.inc.php doesn't have the correct location of config.inc.php. This is easily recrifiable by verifying the path and uploading main.inc.php with the correct path for your installation.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Urgent help needed - MySQL error - 12/08/2004 5:29 AM
There was a line with a missing closing quotation mark.
© UBB.Developers