UBB.Dev
Posted By: Basil Fawlty PhPMyAdmin login problem - 06/30/2004 4:03 AM
This is driving me crazy. I'm hoping someone has seen this problem and may have a clue how to fix it. Last night, I was doing some work on my threads database and I was logging into my DB using PhPMyAdmin. It was working fine.. Later, I went back into PhPMyAdmin and tried to log in, but now it just keeps giving me the login screen again and will not take me to my DB. I tried clearing cookies and temp internet files, etc., but still no luck. Has anyone else run into this problem and do you have any idea what to do to fix it? Like I said, it had been working earlier and I did not change anything with respect to my security settings, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Basil
Posted By: JoshPet Re: PhPMyAdmin login problem - 06/30/2004 6:11 AM
You can change the authentication method in the config-inc.php file of phpmyadmin - turn it to "config" while you are using it - sounds like it's currently using cookie authentication.
Posted By: DrChaos Re: PhPMyAdmin login problem - 07/01/2004 5:23 PM
I did the same thing. I deleted all the cookies and it still was acting up. I really got upset and just turned off my computer and walked away...

About 2 hours later I decided to go back and it worked fine.
Posted By: Pappy Re: PhPMyAdmin login problem - 07/01/2004 8:29 PM
I had something like that happen under phpmyadmin 2.5.5 and it went away when I updated to 2.5.6 so you may want to give that a shot as something may have changed in the last updates to internet explorer or something.
Posted By: J.C. Re: PhPMyAdmin login problem - 07/03/2004 11:40 PM
Set it to http and you'll need to use the username and password for the database. FYI, be smart put it in a dir with a different name. Don't use phpmyadmin, or any variation. Give the dir a name only you would readily know.
Posted By: scroungr Re: PhPMyAdmin login problem - 07/04/2004 12:32 AM
I call mine wuzzywuzzywigglywoo no one will ever guess that
Posted By: slayer60 Re: PhPMyAdmin login problem - 07/06/2004 10:42 PM
[]scroungr said:
I call mine wuzzywuzzywigglywoo no one will ever guess that [/]

Yep, noone will ever guess that. Of coarse, now they can just google for it.
Posted By: DrChaos Re: PhPMyAdmin login problem - 07/06/2004 11:01 PM
[]scroungr said:
I call mine wuzzywuzzywigglywoo no one will ever guess that [/]

LMAO!
Posted By: PatruMau Re: PhPMyAdmin login problem - 03/22/2005 6:26 PM
Hi.
Verify date and time on server. My server was dated feb 16, while current date was mar 22... and this generate expired cookies on client.
© UBB.Developers