UBB.Dev
Posted By: shortbus Dude, you guys are gonna be so Impressed - 05/18/2003 2:46 AM
I'm finna blow this motha up.

I'll keep you updated......as soon as my man Nikos gets back from Austria!!
hehe, ok
Posted By: shortbus Re: Dude, you guys are gonna be so Impressed - 05/18/2003 4:27 AM
sorry! just starting to get giddy!

This thing is my baby just like you guys' forums are yours.

www.travelnursetimes.com
www.nurseserver.com
www.nurse.com
www.malenursemagazine.com
www.nurse-recruiter.com
www.ultimatenurse.com (my site)
www.nursinglinks.net
www.5starhospitals.com
www.staffadvantage.com
and a a few others

they will all soon be using my threads database, as well as photopost, reviewpost, tld, subscription software, hospital database, jobs database, etc.

I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas waiting on this to get all hooked up.

Anyway, this should make for quite a large forum We'll see how it all goes but one of them is already implemented and integrated. The rest are either in the process, or I'm redesigning their site for them.

If anyone could help or has any suggestions regarding this project I would LOVE to hear them. Thanks
cool, are they running on the same forum db?
Posted By: JustDave Re: Dude, you guys are gonna be so Impressed - 05/18/2003 5:39 AM
Your question reminded me to let you know I did get those two forums to use a single database with seperate and common forums for James. (and they said it couldn't be done)
Posted By: shortbus Re: Dude, you guys are gonna be so Impressed - 05/18/2003 6:53 AM
Allen,

yeah, all connected to same DB.

Dave,

you saying you can make them connect but still have their own forums not common to the others? How was this done?

Thanks.
Posted By: donJulio Re: Dude, you guys are gonna be so Impressed - 05/20/2003 12:49 AM
I figure you could have forums specific to one of the sites by creating a new user group. When you edit the config.inc.php file for that site, you can have them go in as not regular users, but as members of the new user group. Then set the permissions on forums you only want them to see so that only that group of people can see the forum.

Since each site has it's own separate config.inc.php, you could have all sorts off user groups set-up to see forums assosciated with a certain site. I hope that makes sense. That's what I would do at least!
Posted By: shortbus Re: Dude, you guys are gonna be so Impressed - 06/18/2003 1:03 AM
okay, so far:

www.ultimatenurse.com/ubbthreads
www.nurseserver.com/ubbthreads
www.travelnursetimes.com/ubbthreads
www.nurse-recruiter.com/ubbthreads

the third and last one haven't gone live yet but the last site gets a HUGE amount of traffic so I expect the forum to double in size that WEEK.

Getting a few new signups each day over the last couple of days, but my site traffic has almost doubled (not saying too much though, because it was at one time 1500 unique visitors a day and after I began redoing it, it got down to about 90 where it has been until now).

Stay tuned...

Posted By: JoshPet Re: Dude, you guys are gonna be so Impressed - 06/18/2003 1:06 AM
Looks good.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Dude, you guys are gonna be so Impressed - 06/18/2003 1:33 AM
At UltimateNurse, I clicked on the "Valid XHTML 1.0!" link in your footer and got this:

This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!

Dunno if it's a problem or not, just reporting. :salute smilie goes here:
Posted By: shortbus Re: Dude, you guys are gonna be so Impressed - 06/18/2003 3:11 AM
hmmn, who knows. Thanks for the headsup. I'll see what the deal is. We still have lots of work to to yet.
I think I found it. It was the Keywords. We were missing an apostrophe which threw the whole validation off. It is now OK.
Posted By: shortbus Re: Dude, you guys are gonna be so Impressed - 06/21/2003 11:55 PM
[] I think I found it. It was the Keywords. We were missing an apostrophe which threw the whole validation off. It is now OK.

[/]

Is this guy the man or what?!
© UBB.Developers