UBB.Dev
Posted By: Brett [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 11:43 AM
Modification Name: PM Folders 2.0

Author(s): Brett

Description: Organizes PM's into Folders/Custom Folders.

Demo: http://www.pavioni.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php (Login: ubbtest Pass: test)

Download Link: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/upload/00006378/PMFolders6.7.zip

To those who previously installed this: PM Backup/Repair (rename to cgi and run it in ubbcgi dir)

Special Thanks: BassTeQ (for help on previous versions), Gizzy

Shout Outs: Gizzy [Linked Image]

New Features:
  • User Groups - CP now has the ability to diferentate between the amount of new pms, replies and folders each group can have.
  • Pagination - PM's can now be split up between pages by an admin specific number.
  • Smarter Logic - The entire ubb_folders.cgi was redone from near scratch, meaning the logic in dealing with the pm's is better.
  • Easier Templates - Template editing is now easier due to less code in them.
  • Sorting - You can now sort pm's by sender, subject or date.

TODO: ?

Originally posted by Charles Capps:
Warning: The 60 limit is present to keep performance under control. Increasing it is not advised.
wink
Posted By: LK Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 11:55 AM
magnifique! cool
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 12:05 PM
Awwwe no Gizzy shouts?
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 12:28 PM
Bug time:

q!PM_no_detect_file! => q!We did not detect the PM Folder name in your files. Are you sure you URL is correct?!,
Shouldn't that be "your"?

q!PM_to_send_folder_is_bad! => q!Sorry, but as of the current version, we cannot sent messages to any other folder.!,
Send?

I'll look for more...
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 12:35 PM
Odd, when I load it and check primary settings it gives a blank page; I'll rehack in the morning :sigh:
Posted By: Brett Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 1:34 PM
I went through with Gizzy to fix a few glitches caught. The install file has changed when going through the files: ubb_pm.cgi, vars_wordlets.cgi. cp2_lib.cgi has an addition that I accidently neglected to put in. Also ubb_folders.cgi should be reuploaded smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 1:36 PM
I swear that I'm just here to get all the bugs worked out...

It puts the lotion on the skin or else it gets the hose again...
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 7:13 PM
I've been getting errors.

In ubb_folders.cgi I had to change

Code
		&StandardHTML(Template($vars_wordlets{PM_folder_max_limit}, {LIMIT => $limit[2]}) if($total_count > $limit[2]);
to

Code
		&StandardHTML(Template($vars_wordlets{PM_folder_max_limit}, {LIMIT => $limit[2]})) if($total_count > $limit[2]);
In cp2_vars.cgi I had to change...
Code
					}, {
type => 'raw',
content => &$PMSUB
}, {
type => 'raw',
content => qq~</table></td></tr>~
},
)],
to

Code
					}, {
type => 'raw',
content => &$PMSUB
}, {
type => 'raw',
content => qq~</table></td></tr>~
},
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 7:23 PM
and Brett, a little suggestion. Instead of hardcoding the smaller tables in the template (the ones that can't use $TBT) take a look at &TBT_Custom smile It lets you define width, etc
Posted By: Brett Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 7:32 PM
Updated ZIP for 2 fixes. I'll check into the TBT_Custom, but as they say, if it ain't broke dont fix it. wink
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 7:41 PM
Originally posted by Brett:

Updated ZIP for 2 fixes. I'll check into the TBT_Custom, but as they say, if it ain't broke dont fix it. wink

tipsy it's broke for people who use custom $TBTs, including all Colorforums users
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 7:46 PM
oh, and you could use &StandardHTMLPopup for the help pages too smile
Posted By: Brett Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 7:59 PM
Can't really use StandardHTMLPopup, because i need them to setup as tables.
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/06/2004 9:13 PM
shocked anyone else using this seeing PMs they deleted months ago?
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/07/2004 4:21 AM
Lol, no, I can't say that I am lol...
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/07/2004 3:20 PM
Hey Brett, found a new one... When users check their PM's for the inbox folder, they always show as bolded (new)... Also, by default my messages are showing sorted by topic and not date, when I click to make it date it doesn't save a preferance... So it's annoying as hell lol...
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/07/2004 3:26 PM
Also, I just deleted some items in the sent folder, and magically everything that was in my inbox is missing... It also automatically said "The trash has been deleted" when I told it to delete some items in my sent folder...

Also, the issue with the pm's showing as new all the time, it doesn't happen for the sent folder.

Hit me up on aim and i'll give you FTP again if you want it.
Posted By: Brett Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/08/2004 1:09 PM
Update zip file. Changes include public_pm_folders_review.pl and ubb_folders.cgi, which address the bold new pm's and transfer pm to trash wordlet as to trash being emptied.

But i was unable to recreate the emptying sent folder to empty the inbox, as it should be impossible. Are you deleting out of the folder or emptying it? Could you try it again(might want to backup members/pm_users/000*****.cgi?
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/08/2004 1:54 PM
If I had PM's I would smirk... I'll update the included files.
Posted By: The Bear Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/08/2004 5:20 PM
I installed it and only have 3 members. I registered a third to see what a non-admin would see. It's weird, I could see a PM that my friend sent me, but I was logged in as the new user, not the user my friend sent it to. I wasnt able to open the PM, but it was in my folder lol.
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/08/2004 9:08 PM
Originally posted by The Bear:

I installed it and only have 3 members. I registered a third to see what a non-admin would see. It's weird, I could see a PM that my friend sent me, but I was logged in as the new user, not the user my friend sent it to. I wasnt able to open the PM, but it was in my folder lol.

oh yeah, I had that problem somewhat. I actually had some PMs in my inbox that weren't mine. It didn't let me read anything but the title though
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/09/2004 3:48 AM
Originally posted by Ian Spence:

oh yeah, I had that problem somewhat. I actually had some PMs in my inbox that weren't mine. It didn't let me read anything but the title though

Yeh my users are experiancing this as well. Also Brett, my pm's are still showing up bold! lol...
Posted By: Brett Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/09/2004 11:45 AM
I just want to thank Gizzy for letting me test on his server. laugh

I was able to fix the dumb bold error. shocked However, i am baffled atm at why members are getting other members pm's. It did reflect on their pm_users/usernumber.cgi file. I also noticed 1 out of 2 pm's sent where placed in the sent folder of the recipent. I have no idea why this is happening, as very little was modified in ubb_pm, and this hack doesn't affect the way pm's are made and replied to.

Sadly, however, i wish that all users that installed this, please uninstall this. It appears i have overlooked something. I apologize but it looks like i prematurally released it.

*sigh* frown
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/09/2004 12:05 PM
yeh but i'm still having one issue, i restored my board from my backup but i still ahve some pm's in my inbox that aren't mine (no doubt cas the usernumber file holds the data and since the above error :sigh:)...

Anyone know the best way to clear this up cry...
Posted By: Brett Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/09/2004 12:15 PM
Disregard.
Posted By: Brett Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/09/2004 5:35 PM
heh. I figured out that the 2 changes made ubb_pm did all the damage. It actually called ubb_folders and reinitalized already taken variables thus taking some out or putting the wrong values in. SO... i have applied the patch and so seems to be working great.

To those who is showing the deleted PM's, other PM's, there is a script located under the pmfolders zip file on the first post. Rename the txt file to cgi and run in your ubbcgi directory. It will essentially backup and recreate the pm files.

If you have not changed anything from the install yesterday, the only difference will be in ubb_folders.cgi and public_pm_folders_review.pl.

Either way, running the backup at least once will clean everything up. If you have a big board, it may seem slow abit.
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/09/2004 6:08 PM
cool I now have every PM I ever "deleted" in my Inbox/Sent/Trash.

I'm guessing that deleting a PM isn't... deleting a PM after all
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/09/2004 6:14 PM
Brett, I have 18 PMs in my inbox. I have pagination set for 15, and all 18 show on the page, but it says I have 18 pages.

If I set it for 10, it'll show ten, but it won't say how many pages I have
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/09/2004 7:42 PM
Lol yeh, I noticed that too, I'd like to know why their not actually *purged*!
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/09/2004 7:47 PM
Originally posted by Gizzy:

Lol yeh, I noticed that too, I'd like to know why their not actually *purged*!

My guess, cause the other person still has it in there sent box. I think once both people delete it, then it's purged
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/23/2004 7:28 AM
Oops. laugh

I just installed this. Sent a PM to my buddy.

She replied to it ... and the reply was SENT to her. I did the zip file that's in the first post ...
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/23/2004 7:38 AM
Lol, brett did you forget to make an update?
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/24/2004 7:17 AM
Okay, for the heck of it, I ran the pm.cgi file, and tried it out again, and things seem to be *working* now ...
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 03/24/2004 8:47 AM
Well, shoot.

I spoke too soon.

I'm seeing a deal now where sent PMs are appearing in the wrong user's mailbox.

Let's see if I can explain.

At my test site, I am always creating a bunch of user names to test things out. One of my names is Wisconsin since I'm originally from there. laugh

To test out the PM Notification hack, I sent a PM from my Wisconsin name to my regular name, Sue.

Everything seemed cool.

I then went back in under the Wisconsin name, and I saw a whole boat load of files in the "sent" folder? I'm like, Hmmmmmm ... that shouldn't be ... I hardly ever use the Wisconsin name ...

I open it up, and I see this --> http://adwoff.com/mailbox.jpg

Needless to say, those are *sent* e-mails from the "Sue" name mailbox ... if I try to access them under the *Wisconsin* name, it doesn't allow me to do so ... gives me the message:

quote:
FYI
You are not the recipient for that private message

ยป Please use your browser's back button to return.
---

Am I making sense here?

I hope this isn't a huge bug issue to fix.

Thanks.
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 04/28/2004 4:05 AM
Hmmmmm...my old PM folders worked fine on 6.5, but for some reason something doesn't look right on 6.7.1.

Certain areas, the colors are off.

There is no outline trim around the folders and in the inbox the words "Subject", "From:", "Date:" are the same color as the header strip.

I've tried to change them in the "Style" section but that doesn't work either.

If anyone has the time, would you please take a look and offer any suggestions.

http://www.ronaldreagan.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php

Login = Tester3
Password = testing

I've tried re-hacking & re-installing the new files 3 times and I keep getting the same results.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer. smile
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 04/28/2004 4:34 AM
laugh Hey Brett, ya know what'd fix that?

&Custom_TBT
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 05/04/2004 3:17 AM
#$@&%!
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 05/04/2004 3:20 AM
It's not your fault, Brett just has to update the templates with the appropriate fixes.

I don't really have the time today to post the fixes though, sorry
Posted By: The Finman Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 05/04/2004 4:06 AM

It's not your fault, Brett just has to update the templates with the appropriate fixes.

I don't really have the time today to post the fixes though, sorry
Thanks Ian, that made me feel better. smile
Posted By: Brett Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 05/05/2004 4:49 AM
Sorry for the belated response, I have *fixed the issue(using TBT_Custom wink ) with the templates. I also addressed the pages bug which shouldn't be any further problems.

You'll need to reupload ubb_folders.cgi, and all the template files.

Also there are 2 new pictures to upload located in noncgi, to be placed in that respective dir. smile

ADWOFF: Those were the kind of issues in the inital version. Did you run the PM Repair/Rebuild Script? Afterwards, try getting the latest zip and reupload the files. smile
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 05/05/2004 2:35 PM
Brett, it looks like you didn't fix the font color bug. (The one Finman posted)
Posted By: PhillipBurum Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 05/08/2004 12:27 AM
Where in the CP should I find the settings?
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 05/08/2004 3:18 AM
Primary -> Private Messages
Posted By: Painfool Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 05/13/2004 5:24 PM
Hey guys .. Im having a problem and I THINK its related to the PM mod. Can you check out my request for assistance in the Help Forum and let me know if I did someting wrong smile

https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/26/3134.html?

Thanks
Posted By: havoq Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 05/17/2004 9:24 PM
I got PM Folders installed for 6.3 by Brett... question though.

When I send a new PM to someone, it shows up as 1 new in BOLD which is good that part works.

However, if the person replies to my original PM and sends it back to me, its in my inbox as regular font, not bold

Basically the problem is, first time around sending a PM its in bold, then it stops being in bold when you send it back and forth. Im currently lookin around in public_pm_folders.pl, but having a problem spotting the code.

Any help? Ian my friend? wink
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 05/17/2004 9:27 PM
first, you should be posting this in the 6.3 thread tipsy

second, I'll go have a look at the code
Posted By: havoq Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 05/17/2004 9:28 PM

first, you should be posting this in the 6.3 thread tipsy
second, I'll go have a look at the code
Good call, guess I'm not on track today tipsy
Posted By: havoq Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 05/18/2004 4:00 AM
Ya Ian, the code is gonna be different though in that review pl file, from 6.7 to 6.3, I dunno, still havnt gotten it. Hoping Brett can shed some light on this situation laugh
Posted By: phuzion Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 06/02/2004 9:07 PM
Hello all,

I'm having a pretty serious problem with PM Folders. After installing the mod, everything appeared to be functioning smoothly. Days later, some users reported that when they clicked the "Empty" link next to "Trash", everything in their Inbox vanished. I imagine this is not supposed to be the case. I logged into the demo site under ubbtest to see if the same thing occured, and it did so this does not seem to be unique to my setup. Any idea on how to get around this, or make it function the way it is supposed to?
Posted By: Painfool Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 06/03/2004 7:53 PM
And how can we force it to show the newest mail first in the inbox ?
Posted By: Painfool Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 06/08/2004 8:32 PM
Sorry for repost - but didn't get an answer smile

Where/How do I tell it to sort by Date with the newest first. Right now its outting the oldest PM's first and people not figgering out to goto the second page or whatever smile

THanks!
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 06/10/2004 4:18 AM
wait on brett wink , he'll be here someday :x...
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 07/12/2004 2:47 AM
Originally posted by phuzion:
Days later, some users reported that when they clicked the "Empty" link next to "Trash", everything in their Inbox vanished.
Long time, no post. tipsy

This happens to me, too ... I finally have a chance to *breathe* (working two jobs suck tipsy ), and I thought I'd check at my favorite UBB site to see if anything had been reported ... anything updated ...

As it is, I think I'll remove this hack until the problem can be solved.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 07/12/2004 5:42 AM
(that's what i did)
Posted By: 1QuickSI Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 12/30/2004 7:49 PM
When clicking on a link to send a user a PM does this modificaition first check to see if their inbox is full prior to composing the message and letting you know?
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 12/30/2004 8:25 PM
not to my knowledge
Posted By: 1QuickSI Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 01/03/2005 8:52 AM
Would it not make more sense to check if the PM in box is full prior to composing? I would guess that the check for this would just have to be relocated?
Posted By: PhillipBurum Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 01/12/2005 12:11 AM
Is there any easy way to make the link (You have X unread PMs) go directly to the inbox, instead of the folder view?
Posted By: McJ Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 01/18/2005 1:26 AM
Spotted potential problem. Take a look at this screen shot:

[Linked Image]

Since installing PM FOLDERS, my rating system is confusing my ratings with the ratings of others. Something isn't right. Any ideas?

Also, if this was uninstalled (i.e. previous unmodified files restored, are they any potential problems?)

Thanks! Great feature anyways.
Posted By: McJ Re: [6.7] [beta] PM Folders 2.0 - 01/18/2005 2:43 AM
Also. FYI. New PM indicator appears flashing on some pages, and not others. Cleared forum cache, cleared cookies. HAVE NO PM'S. Stil the same. On some pages the indicator flashes informing me I have a PM, others it doesn't flash.

confused
© UBB.Developers