UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gizmo Classic Style WoL - 06/19/2007 6:27 AM
(AKA, Content Islands 101)

To move the contents of your WOL to "just above" or "just under" your category listing you can just use the "external use" option from the content islands setting in your control panel.

I myself built this as a proof of concept of how to do just this (with the WoL).

First, you'll want to go to your portal layout, and select "external use" and copy the paths, you'll need them to make this work.

Now, open your cfrm.tpl file in your templates/default folder; now you have a choice...

To add this to the TOP of your category list, insert this as the line after the "{if $introtitle}"; To add this to the BOTTOM of your category list, insert this at the end of the file.
Code

{php}
if (!defined('UBB_MAIN_PROGRAM')) define('UBB_MAIN_PROGRAM',1);
$style_side="";
$tbopen="<table width=\"100%\" class=\"t_outer\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\">\n<tr>\n<td>\n<table width=\"100%\" class=\"t_inner\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"1\">\n<thead>";
$tbclose="</thead>\n</table>\n</td>\n</tr>\n</table>";
include("/home/ewg/public_html/forum/languages/english/portal_islands.php");
include("/home/ewg/public_html/forum/languages/english/generic.php");
include("/home/ewg/public_html/forum/cache/online_now.php");
{/php}

Now, those paths you copied earlier, you'll want to replace from the above coding (as I'm sure your paths aren't exactly like mine).

You can see this in action on:
http://www.elitewebgamers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php

If you want to do this for say, newest members, you'd do the steps to grab the paths, and insert those paths for the newest members section; such as:
Code
{php}
if (!defined('UBB_MAIN_PROGRAM')) define('UBB_MAIN_PROGRAM',1);
$style_side="";
$tbopen="<table width=\"100%\" class=\"t_outer\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\">\n<tr>\n<td>\n<table width=\"100%\" class=\"t_inner\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"1\">\n<thead>";
$tbclose="</thead>\n</table>\n</td>\n</tr>\n</table>";
include("/home/ewg/public_html/forum/languages/english/portal_islands.php");
include("/home/ewg/public_html/forum/languages/english/generic.php");
include("/home/ewg/public_html/forum/cache/new_users.php");
{/php}

Please note that you would want to turn the "always build" option in the portal settings on for any islands you're going to be utilizing outside of your forum.

Attached picture 2416-wolmove.jpg
Posted By: drkknght Re: Classic Style WoL - 06/19/2007 11:36 AM
works like a charm!
Posted By: drkknght Re: Classic Style WoL - 06/21/2007 4:14 AM
question:

...er... maybe "issue:"

the lil who's online blurb does not show everyone who is online. and i dont mean the invisible people or guests. like, it'll say "25 registered" but will only show 5 or 6 or 7 of them, before saying how many invisible or anonymous users there are.

when you hit details, you can see there actually are 25 visible users (in addition to the however many invisible and anonymous)

any way to show everyone?
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Classic Style WoL - 06/21/2007 12:23 PM
This works using the sidebar, if it's not showing all users it's either a cache issue, or a bug with the ubb itself
Posted By: drkknght Re: Classic Style WoL - 06/26/2007 10:17 PM
hurm. i guess its a bug from within the ubb, as the sidebar shows the same info. that, and i have no other idea how to fix it smile

Posted By: drkknght Re: Classic Style WoL - 06/26/2007 10:41 PM
actually, i found it:

in /cache_builders/online_now.php, there is a section with the comment-title "Now grab the 5 most recent visitors"

just before the "; it limits the amount of online users displayed in the pal to 5 (or 5 plus you). changing that number will allow you to display as many as you want.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Classic Style WoL - 06/27/2007 3:23 AM
Ya know, now that i think of it, you're right; I remember now that there are restrictions to a max number in the cache_builder files lol
© UBB.Developers