UBB.Dev
Posted By: MattUK User rating images. - 04/07/2007 11:22 AM
Please please please can some nice person update the user rating images mod.. Its invaluable to show various icons to people who have done stuff on the site smile
Posted By: MattUK Re: User rating images. - 08/10/2007 1:58 PM
Please please please please smile
Posted By: sirdude Re: User rating images. - 08/10/2007 5:36 PM
what mod is it? can you at least link to an older mod, that can explain it more ?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: User rating images. - 08/10/2007 8:39 PM
That's part of the base code already, eh? User ratings?
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: User rating images. - 08/12/2007 3:51 AM
Allen, I believe it's kinda like the beans here (well, they were here but I seem to have lost the changes I made in the upgrade.)
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: User rating images. - 08/13/2007 7:23 AM
hmmm... I meant to ask about those beans. I believe I am close to coffee smile
Posted By: MattUK Re: User rating images. - 08/16/2007 8:03 PM
Ok..

Basically and I cant find the original one, it was a mod that allowed you to pick an image from rating images directory.

7.2 includes a similar thing so it may be that i just use that, and I just stick in some html code to point to the graphic. The only thing that would be nice, is that for the custom title you could pick from a list of drop down images.
Posted By: sirdude Re: User rating images. - 08/16/2007 9:33 PM
you can add an image in place of the custom title now. just edit the user's profile and put in:

, instead of 'Whatever Custom title'

the image will show up. i believe that's what is done over at ubbcentral for the ubbtester, ubbdeveloper 'custom titles'

edit: whoops, i see you already know that.. my bad

ps: what i did (to make it easier -- sans a drop down) is to add 3 sql commands to the list of saved queries in cpanel.. they essentially do the equivalent of your drop-down.

update ubbt_USER_PROFILE set USER_CUSTOM_TITLE='' where USER_ID=xxx

this is done for 3 different images or 'ratings' i want to use.. then i just fill in the 'xxx' part and execute the query..

it's maybe a little easier.. but definitely not as easy as a pull-down..

wink
© UBB.Developers