UBB.Dev
Posted By: ryanclewis Download old versions? - 06/23/2019 10:41 PM
Hey everybody!

I'm doing contract work for a client who has a lot of custom modifications to their forum. They're on version 7.5.7 and I'd like to do a diff of the live code vs. the original 7.5.7 code, just so I can see what exactly all these modifications are.

Is there a way I can download old versions like that? (FYI I don't have the UBB license info and I don't think my client does either. I can ask them to try to dig it up if necessary.)

Thanks!
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Download old versions? - 06/23/2019 11:37 PM
We do not condone any software piracy; the operation of UBB.threads without a license is software piracy.

Your client is welcome to purchase a license [ubbcentral.com] at any time in order to obtain access to every release of the software package from the vendor site UBBCentral [ubbcentral.com].

In any case, the proper place for this would be the vendors site, and not a development site; it's not our software to give out.
Posted By: ryanclewis Re: Download old versions? - 06/24/2019 8:00 PM
Sure, I'm not talking about piracy. I'm just trying to get a legitimate copy of UBB version 7.5.7. I was under the impression this site was run by the same people who own UBB, which is why I asked here.

If you say a license allows you to download every version, that's exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!
Posted By: isaac Re: Download old versions? - 06/24/2019 8:32 PM
You need to contact the correct website. That website is UBBCentral.com

UBBCentral.com the site address which is listed all throughout the software you are seeking to obtain. It is the only site that licenses UBB.threads. It also the only site where you'd create a support ticket for licensing questions.

UBBDev.com is owned by a software enthusiast and managed by enthusiasts who supplies customized UBB.threads code. UBBDev does not license or distribute release versions of the UBB.threads package.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Download old versions? - 06/25/2019 4:11 PM
Originally Posted by ryanclewis
Sure, I'm not talking about piracy. I'm just trying to get a legitimate copy of UBB version 7.5.7. I was under the impression this site was run by the same people who own UBB, which is why I asked here.
Downloading software that one does not have a license to is software piracy. Your client can purchase a license here [ubbcentral.com]; if they have an old license they can simply renew their license for $59; but, as you mentioned, they don't have a license, they'll need to pay the full $139.

This site is run by the people who are currently developing the software, but we are contracted to develop the title by the vendor, UBBCentral [ubbcentral.com]. Our site has a long history of providing code and introducing new features into the core product.
© UBB.Developers