UBB.Dev
Posted By: Pilgrim How do I substitute a real e-mail addy? - 06/11/2005 5:48 PM
Here's a simple question for you coders:

I have this line: [:"blue"]$to = $config['emailaddy'];[/]

and I want to substitute an actual e-mail address in the "$to" field. How is that done?

Thanks!
Posted By: Anno Re: How do I substitute a real e-mail addy? - 06/11/2005 11:51 PM
$to = "[email protected]";
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: How do I substitute a real e-mail addy? - 06/16/2005 6:39 PM
Thanks..... even though it didn't resolve my problem, which I hoped it would.
Posted By: Anno Re: How do I substitute a real e-mail addy? - 06/16/2005 7:37 PM
I guess you didn't pinpoint your problem then.
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: How do I substitute a real e-mail addy? - 06/16/2005 7:42 PM
Actually, I did pin-point the problem but I don't know how to resolve it. []http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/stupidme.gif[/]
Posted By: Anno Re: How do I substitute a real e-mail addy? - 06/16/2005 8:40 PM
Ok, so what value does the variable $to have in your case?
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: How do I substitute a real e-mail addy? - 06/16/2005 9:00 PM
[]Anno said:
Ok, so what value does the variable $to have in your case? [/]
I don't know what a "value" is. But I'll venture a guess and hope it is what you are asking for: $to = $Email;
Posted By: Anno Re: How do I substitute a real e-mail addy? - 06/16/2005 10:46 PM
$to = "[email protected]";

The value of the variable $to in the above case is [][email protected][/] .

Did you enter your email address instead of [email][email protected]?[/email]

Also, which script are we talking about at all?
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: How do I substitute a real e-mail addy? - 06/17/2005 2:11 AM
Anno,

Yep... understood now about "value". And yes, I substituted my actual e-mail address as you kindly showed me.

The script is actually a custom addon script to both my "subscriptions.php" and "dopurgemessages.php" files which used to send an e-mail to me showing how many subscriptions were sent out each night as well as how many PMs had been deleted from the database. I have a cron set to delete all PMs over 30 days old. All subscriptions are successfully sent out and PMs are deleted as intended. The problem is with these two e-mails that are supposed to be sent to me personally with the subscription count and PM deletion count.

They were both working fine until my ISP made some changes to their e-mail server configuration.

Jeff
Posted By: Anno Re: How do I substitute a real e-mail addy? - 06/17/2005 3:06 AM
Why not send a PM instead?
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: How do I substitute a real e-mail addy? - 06/17/2005 4:15 AM
[]Anno said:
Why not send a PM instead? [/]
1) Having the results of these cron jobs sent via e-mail eliminates my having to visit the Board, 2) E-mails allow me to have a permanent record that I can then use for reference and statistics purposes, and 3) The script is already written for e-mail, which although presently it isn't working, it did for 4 years. To change it would require a knowledge of PHP which I unfortunately don't have.

Jeff
Posted By: Anno Re: How do I substitute a real e-mail addy? - 06/17/2005 4:10 PM
Well, the problem seems to be the server, not the variable.
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: How do I substitute a real e-mail addy? - 07/07/2005 6:43 PM
Anno,

Out of courtesy I'm just wanting to let you know that the problem has been resolved. It was nothing I tried that resolved it but evidently, my hosting ISP made yet another change to their e-mail server configuration. []http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/bingo.gif[/]
© UBB.Developers