UBB.Dev
Posted By: oceanwest problems w/Safari - 08/27/2004 12:20 AM
I have just rebuilt my machine from scratch and now safari will not allow me to log in. to my forums.
i noticed if i removed the www from the url it does. I have killed the cookies and reset
safari but still no joy. If this is makeing me madd what is it doing to my members. I always
thought they were smokin crak.?! But now I am getting a sense of what they are talking about.

Sugguestons?
Posted By: Twisty Re: problems w/Safari - 08/27/2004 1:42 AM
1) Do you have Safari set to accept cookies from anywhere in the prefs section?

Preferences > Security icon > Accept Cookies

Choose: Always (most convenient)

2) Did you try setting this to a slash in config.inc.php?

"If you are using cookies you can specify a path as well. Leaving this blank will make the cookies only available under the UBB.threads install directory. Setting this to / will make them available to your entire website."

Just a wild stab at it
Posted By: oceanwest Re: problems w/Safari - 08/27/2004 6:42 PM
yes I have a / for the site. It is strange I have other domains that access the same pages and the other domain and or if I leave off the www. will work? I can't figure why the full url won't accept the login?
Posted By: Twisty Re: problems w/Safari - 08/27/2004 10:22 PM
Have you tried not using the slash to see what happens? Even if you need it there, that may at least narrow the cause somewhat.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: problems w/Safari - 08/30/2004 10:21 AM
Not sure what else to tell you to try - but if it helps, I was able to login at your site using Safari. smirk
© UBB.Developers