UBB.Dev
Posted By: Allusivekudos Weird Error... - 10/15/2003 6:02 AM
I'm playing around on my test site, and I have 4 or so users. All me.

When I log in as just this one account, I get the following errors:

SQL ERROR:
You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') ORDER BY t1.Bo_Sorter ' at line 9
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ourfreerein.com/httpdocs/xtestxthreads/mysql.inc.php on line 133
SQL ERROR:
You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') ORDER BY t1.Bo_Sorter ' at line 9
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ourfreerein.com/httpdocs/xtestxthreads/mysql.inc.php on line 133

And, none of the forums and categories show.

But, for all my others users, it does. This is 6.4b1

Anyone know what this is about?

-peter
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Weird Error... - 10/15/2003 6:17 AM
Yeah. You have a SQL error near lines 9 and 133 of mysql.inc.php
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: Weird Error... - 10/15/2003 6:20 AM
lmfao! I don't get why it'd be just for one user though??

Thanks for the brilliant insight though
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Weird Error... - 10/15/2003 6:21 AM
Hey man...anytime. Anytime.
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: Weird Error... - 10/15/2003 6:26 AM
Heh, I hope that bastard error pops up on you. Then we'll see who's laughing

Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Weird Error... - 10/15/2003 6:27 AM
Is that the full error message? It should display the complete query.
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: Weird Error... - 10/15/2003 6:28 AM
That user doesn't have admin powers, what do I need to put in for it to do that?
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Weird Error... - 10/15/2003 5:27 PM
That's strange. If the user is not an admin, then it should display the "visible only to admin" message instead of the actual error.

If the user is an admin, the actual error should both be displayed, and stored in the MySQL error log viewable from the admin page.
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: Weird Error... - 10/28/2003 7:37 AM
Dave, or anyone!

I've tracked it down a bit more. The forum is fine for admins, all posts, and forums accessible like normal. However, for any regular user, the forums/posts are completely inaccessible.

The errors are:
Code
 <br />Unable to do_query: SELECT t1.Bo_Title,t1.Bo_Description,t1.Bo_Keyword, <br />t1.Bo_Total,t1.Bo_Last,t1.Bo_Number,t1.Bo_Moderated, <br />t1.Bo_Read_Perm,t1.Bo_Write_Perm,t1.Bo_Threads, <br />t1.Bo_Sorter,t1.Bo_Posterid,t1.Bo_LastMain, <br />t1.Bo_LastNumber,t2.U_Username,t3.B_Subject, <br />t3.B_Icon,t3.B_Reged,t3.B_AnonName,t1.Bo_Image <br />FROM w3t_Boards AS t1 LEFT JOIN w3t_Users AS t2 <br />ON t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number <br />LEFT JOIN w3t_Posts AS t3 ON t1.Bo_LastNumber = <br />t3.B_Number WHERE t1.Bo_Cat = 2 AND <br />(t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number OR t1.Bo_Posterid = '0') <br /> AND (t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number <br />OR t1.Bo_LastNumber ='0') AND () <br />ORDER BY t1.Bo_Sorter <br />- You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') <br />ORDER BY t1.Bo_Sorter ' at line 9 <br /> <br />

And, it throws that error twice. It's 6.4b1, and I've modified some of the header stuff by adding global variables....

Any ideas on what's wrong? Or how I can fix it?

test board here

Then you could log in and see with
user: test
pass: test

Thanks!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Weird Error... - 10/28/2003 7:46 AM
I've got no idea.

First I'd try with clean scripts - just to make sure that there's no bugs in whatever hacks there are.

Did you run the altertables? Any errors with those?
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: Weird Error... - 10/28/2003 7:48 AM
No, and that's what weird. The board works completely as an admin, and as a guest. But login not as admin, and bam.

It's gotta be the cool nav system I'm working on dammit. grrrr.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Weird Error... - 10/28/2003 8:04 AM
Group query - those members aren't a member of any user groups.

Check the config file and make sure users are being added to the user group.

But I think the regular user groups are blank.
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: Weird Error... - 10/28/2003 9:47 AM
Josh! You're my hero!

How that happened, I have no clue. But yeah, in the config file, the new users weren't being put into a group...

WOOHOO!

So my nav system works. Hehehehe....

Thanks!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Weird Error... - 10/28/2003 9:53 AM
It took me a bit, but when I wanted to kick someone out of a board, I used to remove all their groups so they just saw errors.

Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: Weird Error... - 10/28/2003 10:27 PM
Heh, that's not a bad idea.... Although, now when I want to ban people, I just add em' to a group where there's just one forum that displays saying we've closed due to financial issues.... lol

Though, I like this, show em' only errors business. hehehe.
© UBB.Developers