UBB.Dev
Posted By: Turbosport Beta-[] How - 10/07/2003 8:18 PM
Mod Name / Version: How

Description: Can 6.4 Mods be finished when the board software is only in beta ?

Working Under: UBB.Threads

Mod Status: Beta

Any pre-requisites:

Author(s): Turbosport

Date: 10/07/03

Credits:

Files Altered:

New Files:

Database Altered:

Info/Instructions:

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.

Posted By: JoshPet Re: Beta-[] How - 10/07/2003 8:27 PM
Not sure I follow?

It's a public beta - you can download from the member area at infopop.
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Beta-[] How - 10/07/2003 9:01 PM
Maybe he's referring to the fact that some of the mods are "Finished" and "working under 6.4.". I suppose that's a result of taking a mod that was "Finished" and "working under 6.3", and updating it to work under 6.4. Should the status be changed back to "Beta"?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Beta-[] How - 10/07/2003 9:10 PM
Oh yeah,

I dunno - some of the mods required no alteration (like the inline image mod) to work with 6.4 as that code has never changed.

Others so far have had just minor changes in instructions.

I'd say anything that changed substantially for 6.4 should go back to beta. But if it didn/'t change much, probably doesn't matter.
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Beta-[] How - 10/07/2003 9:21 PM
True. The "beta/finished" status is subjective anyway, and isn't necessarily a good indicator of the mod's reliability. Someone installing mods on a 6.4 beta should probably have a proficiency level of at least 4.
© UBB.Developers