UBB.Dev
Posted By: lpro Remove Signature on Post-by-Post Basis - 04/11/2003 6:27 AM
I'm hoping someone can tell me how I could add in a 'Show Signature' checkbox similar to the one \that appears in UBB.classic? It's a really useful feature for our users.

Thank you
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Remove Signature on Post-by-Post Basis - 04/11/2003 6:39 AM
Gardener's multiple signature hack allows you to choose multile signatures.... or no signature from a pull down.

Changes are extensive though.. the way signatures are handled in threads there's not an easy way to on and off them on a post by post basis.

The reason:
In classic... the signature was stored in the post, so it was easy to switch on and off. But if an image breaks or a link in a sig changes.... you have to edit every post.

In threads... the sig is stored in the user table, and output when the threads are displayed. You change the sig, and all old posts update with the latest sig. Thus no outdated signatures.

That's where the difference is.
Posted By: Lisa_P Re: Remove Signature on Post-by-Post Basis - 04/13/2003 9:48 PM
[]
Gardener's multiple signature hack allows you to choose multile signatures.... or no signature from a pull down.

Changes are extensive though.. the way signatures are handled in threads there's not an easy way to on and off them on a post by post basis.

[/]

Hey Josh, so are you saying that Gardener's hack wouldn't work in 6.2+? I wasn't sure if you were saying the hack is the only way to do this, or it just can't be simply done period. (I liked Gardener's hack and had installed it on a test board, and I was thinking about using it on the live board, but not if it won't work now! lol)
Posted By: omegatron Re: Remove Signature on Post-by-Post Basis - 04/13/2003 10:27 PM
The signature hack works fine in 6.2 Lisa. I installed it on a person's site and works fine but like Josh said changes are extensive. Much more so than the normal hack.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Remove Signature on Post-by-Post Basis - 04/14/2003 4:45 AM
Yeah, it works.

I *think* Gardener and I got all the bugs out. I'm using it on 2 production sites. Measurection and UltimateNurse.com and it works fine.

As Omegatron said... there's just a lot of modifications to be done. PITA at upgrade time.
Posted By: lpro Re: Remove Signature on Post-by-Post Basis - 04/17/2003 2:25 AM
Guess I'll have to install this. Thank you.
© UBB.Developers