UBB.Dev
Posted By: Bruce Upgrade from PL dextension to CGI - 04/12/2006 1:29 AM
I have been talking with the classic people at infopop and they suggested that I come here for help because they don't support perl scripts.

My problem is that I have version 5.47e and went to upgrade to classic version 6.73 and what I did not realise was that version 5.47e had to be in cgi to upgrade. You know what happened was it stuffed up.

It went to the login area for admin and would not accept my password so I was stuck. I then loaded back the old version of 5.47e and all was ok apart from being able to delete posts. [Rock Band]

I really need help in order to get past this problem and upgrade to the new version.

Any help would be appreciated. [Confused]

Thanks,

Bruce
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Upgrade from PL dextension to CGI - 04/12/2006 3:14 AM
hmmm... basically the upgrader for 6.7.3 from the 5 series just reads your data (topics/forums/members) and converts where necessary. Does your data files have .pl extensions too?
Posted By: Bruce Re: Upgrade from PL dextension to CGI - 04/12/2006 4:21 AM
Allen,
Yes all the old extensions were in pl before I tried to update.

The problem was that the old board was done by my website developer that I don't want to use anymore and they converted the 5 vervion to pl to get it to operate. Which it was doing ok no issues until I attempted to update to version 6.

I have since got the people that host my site to map cgi to perl. This was after the stuff up of trying to upgrade.

At present what I am trying to get is someone to change the old pl files to cgi so that I can update to version 6.73.

Can you help as infopop won't touch pl files. help help

My board is here:
http://www.outdoorking.com/cgi-bin/board/copeboard.pl

Thanks,

Bruce
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Upgrade from PL dextension to CGI - 04/12/2006 5:29 AM
I checked out your forum earlier (from your profile) - what are the extensions to the member files and the topic files?

pm me access info if you like and I'll look at it
Posted By: Bruce Re: Upgrade from PL dextension to CGI - 04/12/2006 10:33 AM
Allen,

Can you send me your email address so that I can forward you login information as I don't like putting it up here. I also want to give you the ticket number for infopop so that you can see what has been going on.

You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks for your assistance.

Bruce
Posted By: Bruce Re: Upgrade from PL dextension to CGI - 04/14/2006 9:52 AM
Allen,

You are a legend thumbsup

Thanks again for your help.

Bruce laugh
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Upgrade from PL dextension to CGI - 04/14/2006 3:51 PM
You are welcome smile

Charles Capps did the heavy lifting in writing code so I could fix all those pages - thanks cc smile
Posted By: Bruce Re: Upgrade from PL dextension to CGI - 05/01/2006 3:04 PM
Allen,

When I am in my control panel under general display settings this is what comes up:

!! Could not find var def for vars_display :: showcopytype

Do you know what might be causing this. The board seems to be working ok. I have not had any problems to date apart from this message. sleep
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Upgrade from PL dextension to CGI - 05/01/2006 3:47 PM
ugh, that's a confirmed bug in 6.7.3. Unless someone can beat me to it, I'll post the code you need to remove tomorrow (I'm swamped today)
Posted By: Bruce Re: Upgrade from PL dextension to CGI - 05/01/2006 4:01 PM
Ian,

Thanks that would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Upgrade from PL dextension to CGI - 05/02/2006 4:38 PM
In cp2_vars.cgi

Remove (~ line 652)
Code
					vars_display::showcopytype
Posted By: Bruce Re: Upgrade from PL dextension to CGI - 05/03/2006 2:07 PM
Ian,

Thanks very much your a legend.

That got rid of that problem very quick.
© UBB.Developers