UBB.Dev
Posted By: ADWOFF Daylight Savings Time - 04/06/2005 3:42 AM
My board is currently an hour behind due to daylight savings time. Is this something I adjust on my end (i.e. via the control panel) or something my host has to do?

I've tried to do it via my control panel, but I haven't had success.
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Daylight Savings Time - 04/06/2005 4:32 AM
it's a user setting, they need to set it themselves
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: Daylight Savings Time - 04/07/2005 4:00 AM
Originally posted by Ian Spence:

it's a user setting, they need to set it themselves
What do you mean by "user setting"? Something *I* do in the control panel, or something each individual does?

The reason I ask is because I haven't done a thing here @ UBBDev, and my time is correct.
Posted By: navaho Re: Daylight Savings Time - 04/07/2005 6:23 AM
You may have to adjust in in your control panel as it seems though your server did not make the adjustment itself. Display Options, General, Date and Time tab.
Posted By: Charles Re: Daylight Savings Time - 04/07/2005 3:56 PM
well it depends, In Europe we switched a week ago, I think in US it was only this WE
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Daylight Savings Time - 04/07/2005 9:57 PM
yeh the US was this last saturday
Posted By: Charles Re: Daylight Savings Time - 04/07/2005 10:15 PM
it would be nice if UBB would take into account various world areas switching times wink my time was wrong the whole week tipsy
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Daylight Savings Time - 04/26/2005 5:56 AM
Yes, but then if you reside in europe and your hosting company is in the US or Asia. tipsy
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Daylight Savings Time - 04/26/2005 6:19 AM
Easy (for the new product or .Threads anyway), define:
Code
putenv("TZ=US/Pacific");
lol... It's what I use on all my sites to define the timezone; works fine with DST and offsets; best of all it uses standard PHP
Code
date()
So you could have all of the users list their timezone as above (or just have a dropdown with the value with the item above) then it'd load their timezone by what they choose so long as the page has the putenv before the time... I am however unsure how reliabele the date system is for adjusting the timezone during DST lol
© UBB.Developers