UBB.Dev
Posted By: Shadow316 Requirements - 09/05/2004 8:31 AM
I want to start my own website for a custom online writing RPG. I want it to pretty much just be one big forum board, the main forums centered around the city the RPG is set in, Los Angeles, and some OOC ones where people can shoot the **** and talk about site opinions, developments and generally chill.

But I want this to be exclusive, I want to be the only guy with access to the BAN button ever, and the only one who can give some power to other mods...

I am thinking..

Administrator (Me)
Global Moderators

Basically they can add and change forums, but I and ONLY I have access to the Banning button. Is this doable?

Further, what do I need before I can have these forums installed?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Requirements - 09/06/2004 4:17 AM
For ubb.classic, you'll just need a site that'll run perl, 99% + do. If you have php as well you can take advantage of the php accelerator smile

For moderators, you can give them the ability to add and change forums, tho it might be easier to limit some admin functions to just your user number and have a few admins to assist with the rest.
Posted By: Shadow316 Re: Requirements - 09/06/2004 8:59 AM
Can you recommend some good hosting sites? I have found few boards run as smooth as UBB ones, Clan 3:16's in the olden days was one of the best boards I ever had the privalage of being on. Any recommendations?
Posted By: Shadow316 Re: Requirements - 09/09/2004 10:49 AM
Bump. Anyone?
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Requirements - 09/09/2004 5:33 PM
hostnuke.com is a good host, hosts many UBB's
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Requirements - 09/09/2004 10:43 PM
Yeh, they host:
UGN Security
Ian\'s Site
Brett\'s Site

That I know of wink ... I don't think there are any UBB's on the current install server though smile .
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Requirements - 09/10/2004 7:06 AM
http://www.digitalprinceton.net/ and

http://www.infopop.com/webhosting

are both good hosts smile
Posted By: Stilgar Re: Requirements - 09/10/2004 9:42 AM
I'm having real good luck with SVP Host . I have two accounts with them, running seperate sites.
© UBB.Developers