UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gizmo [7.x] [7.3+] [Final] pJIRC Addon v0.5 - 05/12/2008 10:27 AM
Author: Gizmo (James of VNC Web Design)

Requirements:
  • Valid UBB.Threads 7.0 install and license
  • pjIRC (freely obtainable from SourceForge)

This will not work with UBB.T versions below 7.3, instead, see here.

About:
This addon will allow you to integrate the freely available Java IRC client pJIRC.

Unlike other jIRC applets out there, this one is free, and open source. It has a large community built behind it, and has excelled in features compared to others for years.

Demo:
I currently don't have a demo of this available on my test site (as I don't need it integrated into my forum) however you can see the pJIRC script itself in action here.

File History
2528 - Chat Addon v0.5 (chat73v05.zip) - Released: 05/12/2008 - Updated for 7.3 compatibility.

NOTE
This script, by default, assumes you have pJIRC installed in a /irc directory under your forum install; you can override this directory in the configuration.

Future Plans
  • I'm giving thought to a process of providing a smilies legend for the smiley support which will allow users to select smilies from the legend and have them populate into the chat box.
  • I'm contemplating utilizing a pjirc.cfg file vs defining everything in the html.

NOTICE:
It has come to my attention that some people are assuming that you must run your own server in order to utilize this modification. It is NOT a requirement to run your own IRC Server to run this addon; you can use any of the millions of irc servers online (a large list is available here) to connect to. Additionally I also operate an open irc server that anyone is welcome to use; by default this is the server in the configuration (irc.undergroundnews.com).

Attached File
chat73v05.zip  (30 downloads)
© UBB.Developers