UBB.Dev
Posted By: AUS-CITY [7.0] [Finished] - Admin edit message hack - 07/30/2006 9:42 AM
Guys,

Here is my hack for UBB threads 7.0 This mod gives the admin the option of the radio button to edit ANY message and tick off the 'edited by'. It can easily be scripted to allow mods to do this as well.

Enjoy!

MOD START

Admin No Edit hack mod 1.0 - UBB 7 beta 2
by aus-city
http://www.aus-city.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php
files modified (1): /scripts/editpost.inc.php

Code
Find:

// Signature added to this post?
$addsigcheck = "";
if ($addsig) {
$addsigcheck = "checked = \"checked\"";
}
$iconselect = $html -> icon_select($Icon);

if ( $user['USER_ID'] == $Postedby ) {
$markeditselect = "<input type=\"checkbox\" value=\"1\" name=\"markedit\" checked=\"checked\" class=\"form-checkbox\" /> {$ubbt_lang['MARK_EDIT']}
";

Code
Replace with:

$addsigcheck = "";
if ($addsig) {
$addsigcheck = "checked = \"checked\"";
}

if ( $user['USER_ID'] == $Postedby || $user['USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL'] == "Administrator") {
$markeditselect = "<input type=\"checkbox\" value=\"1\" name=\"markedit\" checked=\"checked\" class=\"form-checkbox\" /> {$ubbt_lang['MARK_EDIT']}
";
Edited post to add code tags
Posted By: AUS-CITY Re: Finished [7.0] - Admin edit message hack - 08/01/2006 7:51 AM
With beta 2 released they changed stuff, so did I so it still works, but use this now:

Admin No Edit hack mod 1.0 - UBB 7 beta 2
by aus-city
http://www.aus-city.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php
files modified (1): /scripts/editpost.inc.php

Find:

$addsigcheck = "";
if ($addsig) {
$addsigcheck = "checked = "checked"";
}

if ( $user['USER_ID'] == $Postedby ) {
$markeditselect = " {$ubbt_lang['MARK_EDIT']}
";

Replace with:

$addsigcheck = "";
if ($addsig) {
$addsigcheck = "checked = "checked"";
}

if ( $user['USER_ID'] == $Postedby || $user['USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL'] == "Administrator") {
$markeditselect = " {$ubbt_lang['MARK_EDIT']}
";
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Finished [7.0] - Admin edit message hack - 08/01/2006 10:35 AM
I've updated the original post to reflect this change - I would move it to the version 7 forum, but the post move is not working at the moment frown Hopefully this will be fixed in b3 smile

Thanks for the update.
Posted By: AUS-CITY Re: Finished [7.0] - Admin edit message hack - 08/02/2006 9:00 AM
Hi Ian!

No problems can leave it here until beta 3 comes out smile I probably have to do a beta 3 revision then anyway! smile
Bug is fixed smile
Posted By: AUS-CITY Re: Finished [7.0] - Admin edit message hack - 08/05/2006 1:39 PM
Allen,

Any chance of the fixes required for beta2 for the moving bug? I would like to apply to my forums as I don't know how long to beta3.

Thanks!
I posted it in the announcements forum smile
Posted By: AUS-CITY Re: Finished [7.0] - Admin edit message hack - 08/10/2006 1:11 AM
Guys,

I upgraded my boards to beta 3 and just to let you know the hack I did for beta 2 holds exactly the same for beta 3.

Cheers!
As of 7.5 this mod no longer works nor can you add it. I will however find another method to use this mod and post an update.
© UBB.Developers