UBB.Dev
Posted By: e@sy [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/08/2001 8:46 AM
This hack allowed only the user which is authorized for the forum to see it.

Now we have two hack's:

one for UBB 6.0-UBB6.04
one for UBB 6.04a/6.04b/6.04c/6.04d/6.04e

Link
Posted By: siLenT Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/08/2001 5:00 PM
it works laugh
i dont see any bugs - good work
thx mecs
whats the difference between this and the otha one?
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/09/2001 6:10 AM
Know you can move a topic to the hidden forum
Posted By: Andrax Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/09/2001 6:16 PM
Genius! pure Genius! wink
Well done. I installed it and it works successfully...

[ June 10, 2001 02:33 PM: Message edited by: thunder4ever ]
Posted By: pcgod Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/11/2001 4:04 AM
hello e@sy
After i install the hack i find a problem
i can't reply and got the wrong message, please help me...

the wrong message is:
syntax error at /home/sites/site121/web/cgi-bin/ubb4fe/ubb_new_reply.cgi line 65, near ") &"

and i type the ubb_new_reply.cgi line near to you ,hope can help some...
:
# check to make sure user has access/permission to post!
if (($post_permiss eq 'private') || ($reply_restrict eq 'restrict')||($post_permiss eq 'hidden'))
&check_private_access($in{f}, $this_forum[12]);
}
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/11/2001 7:48 AM
eq 'hidden')) = eq 'hidden')) {
Posted By: pcgod Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/11/2001 8:13 AM
quote:
Thanks a lot.... ..
I'm getting the following error when I try to open the forum...

When I click on the topic inside the hidden forum is works fine...

This is the error that comes up in the forum itself:
Error: UBB cannot find this directory: : Forum5/private-S8VCLR6/private-S8VCLR6
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/12/2001 6:23 AM
quote:
From where you want to open the forum? First you cannot and than you are in and can read ?
You can click on the "latest post by: xxx" and it brings you to that topic... thats the only way I can get it, but I can't get INTO the forum, just the topic.
Posted By: NickJ Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/13/2001 3:38 PM
is there a shw for this??

would love it laugh
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/13/2001 4:04 PM
quote:
I think you make someting wrong in the ubb_forum_sumary.cgi

here
quote:
Please control it.
It must be look
quote:
and you make this

quote:
[ June 13, 2001 09:07 AM: Message edited by: e@sy ]
Hi, I´ve got the same problem! But i can´t find a second text, to replace! "find: yes a second one"
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/13/2001 4:47 PM
Okay my error.There is only one.
Error: UBB kann das Verzeichniss finden: Forum30/private-7APCH46/private-7APCH46
No such file or directory

I think it should only be: Forum30/private-7APCH46
Installed without a hitch. Good hack, thanks e@sy! There are a few spelling errors though... sorry, I forgot to write them down. I'll have another look and let you know.

Again, great hack!
That doesn't work easy... it makes it worse...

here's my assessment...
The directory is fine, the problem is:
its trying to open it twice!

The directory is this:
Forum5/private-S8VCLR6/

The error is this:
UBB cannot find this directory: : Forum5/private-S8VCLR6/private-S8VCLR6

Its trying to open the private part twice! Why?! I'm running 604e
hey hey

well, my boards not quite open yet and i dont want many people knowing about it, so i wanna ask a question about this hack so i can go ahead and know..

lets say you have 5 members that can see this forum..

if one of those 5 links the forum or topic inside the forum to someone w/o access, could the person w/o access get into the forum or topic??

..::|-Peace-|::..
No they can't... its private AND hidden... therefor only people with access can see AND access it
How can my problem be fixed? confused
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/14/2001 4:51 AM
quote:
You have a PM
have you got an answer yet e@sy?... I'm not rushing...
Posted By: yosco Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/15/2001 9:35 PM
#########
#find : #
#########
} ## end hop_to_list
##################
# add this lines #
% confused What does this mean? Add above, Below or replace? Do I keep the ##End hop_to_list? It's also at the end of the new text.
##################
Posted By: yosco Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/15/2001 9:43 PM
I get this error:

Error: UBB cannot find this directory:: Forum6/private-AP2K28/private-AP2K28
No such file or directory

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

The correct path for the forum is Forum6/private-AP2K28/

What did I miss? I installed twice with the same error.
OK Easy thanks.. but that created another problem...

I can now get into the forum...but I can't see any of the topics inside it when its hidden...
Posted By: yosco Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/16/2001 3:29 AM
Dragon what was your problem, it seems mine is identical.
He said something in UBB_Forums.cgi was wrong.. and fixed it.. not sure what tho

he fixed it himself
Posted By: zfrank Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/16/2001 8:13 PM
@Dragon
I had the same problem. I fixed it in ubb_forum_summary.cgi
Look for
if ($thisforuminfo[6] eq 'private') { $exact_path .= "/private-$thisforuminfo[7]"; }
this line is 2x in ubb_forum_summary.cgi
After each I added this line:
if ($thisforuminfo[6] eq 'hidden') { $exact_path .= "/private-$thisforuminfo[7]"; }

now it works
I only have one instance...
There are almost 2 identical ones... but not the same

one is this:
if ($thisforuminfo[6] eq 'private') { $exact_path .= "/private-$thisforuminfo[7]"; }

the other is this:
if ($thisforuminfo[6] eq 'private') {

When I tried adding
if ($thisforuminfo[6] eq 'hidden') { $exact_path .= "/private-$thisforuminfo[7]"; }
to the second one...it has no effect

If I add if ($thisforuminfo[6] eq 'hidden') {
to the second one... it has a syntax error

wth is going on?

I want to be able to see the topics when its hidden!

[ June 16, 2001 01:47 PM: Message edited by: DragonClawHT ]
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/17/2001 4:57 AM
ubb_forum.cgi
find
quote:
replace with
quote:
find
quote:
replace with
quote:
find
quote:
replace with
quote:
That's the 3 changes in ubb_forum.cgi (6.04f)
easy... why doesn't my forum show the topics once its hidden?
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/17/2001 5:45 PM
the Forum or the forumsummary ?
the forum...

when i go INTO the forum in hidden mode(thanks for fixing that part) it doesn't show any topics in there...and when you make one it doesn't show up
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/17/2001 6:57 PM
Look at the webspace where the new thread is written.It must be in this folder

noncgi/forumXX/private-xxxxxxx/000001.cgi

is it ?

If not - control the ubb_new_topic.cgi if all changes are correct.
Yes the topics are in the correct directory

[ June 17, 2001 02:26 PM: Message edited by: DragonClawHT ]
Posted By: dbode Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/17/2001 9:03 PM
Hi Easy,

is it possible to hide the new topics and replies from Active Topics ?

Dennis
I implemented the changes exactly as the text file said (version 1.1 for 6.04a-e) and double checked them for accuracy.

I can post in the forum (it is private and is checked as Hidden) but unless it is set as "On" in the control panel I still cannot move any topics to it. When the forum is "On", it is visible, but not able to be entered by anybody except those who have access.

The board this is at is http://www.xibase.com/UBB6/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi and my username there is fury.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance
I still need to know whats wrong with my forum ahhhh laugh
Posted By: lurili Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/21/2001 5:37 PM
Excellent Hack, e@sy. Worked without a hitch. I use my Hidden Forum as a "War Room" for my Mods and Admins so that we discuss matters of importance and "Admin things" ;):D
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/21/2001 7:40 PM
@DragonClawHT

Control the Hack.You must be make something wrong

@flurffy

Only with the username i cannot see the problem

@lurili

thx

@Dennis

look at every ne question

quote:
and write

quote:
Posted By: GewGaw Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 06/24/2001 12:30 AM
e@sy,

The hack went perfect for me. However, I came across a small problem. All my "hidden" forums are also "private" this in it's self did not cause a problem. But the problem that arose was that my moderators of thos forums could not see/access the forums. To fix it I did the following:

Found in ubb_forum.cgi:
Code
code:

And replaced it with:
Code
code:

find in ubb_forum_summary.cgi:
Code
code:

and replace with:
Code
code:

find in ubb_forum_summary.cgi
Code
code:

replace with:
Code
code:

Then I ran into a problem with the forums marked as hidden were not able to be pruned. Here is what I did to fix it:

find in cp_prune.cgi:
Code
code:

replace with:
Code
code:

find AGAIN in cp_prune.cgi:
Code
code:

replace with:
Code
code:

find AND AGAIN in cp_prune.cgi:
Code
code:

replace with:
Code
code:

Hope this helps out laugh
Work great !
Thanks laugh
Hello there!

This hack is great!

But i have a little problem... frown

I have installed the hack (correctly i think) and the hidden forum is only visible to the authorised users.

The problem is that when for example an admin is inside hidden forum a guest can see him. frown
To sum up i have a problem with whosonline.
I am running 6.04e and whosonline v3.9Qa.

Can anyone help me? frown
thanks,
bye
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 07/01/2001 7:00 AM
Q. Yo! I have e@sy's Hidden Forum hack on my UBB and Who's Online is showing the
topic names inside Private Forums. How do I fix this?
A. Open ultimatebb.cgi. Find the line:
if ($whos_online_forum[6] =~ /private/ig) {
And change to:
if (($whos_online_forum[6] =~ /private/ig) || ($whos_online_forum[6] =~ /hidden/ig)){
Save the file and reupload. Bug should be fixed!

Thx qasic
I have a big problem.
When i install your hack... all is OK
I hide my private forum and the forum isn't hidden for my private members but after 2 minute, eventhough i'm admin, the private forum becomes hide ! wtf !
so all of my private members can't see the private forum (hidden) after 2 minutes.
I must do "Clear Cache" each time...

What is the problem ??
quote:
THanks for replying,
i allready have this line in my ultimatebb.cgi,
any other suggestions?
Posted By: Jerome Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 07/02/2001 2:21 PM
Hi e@sy!! This hack is great!! But I can't prune older messages in control panel. The control panel doesn't show any messages when I tried to prune a hidden forum. Do you know can I fix it??

I have UBB 6.04c and the hack works perfectly

Thanks!!!

PD: Sorry for my poor english. smile

Spain!

[ July 02, 2001 07:25 AM: Message edited by: Jerome ]
Posted By: Jerome Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 07/04/2001 3:53 AM
Sorry.. GewGaw explain how fix my problem but I don't see his solution before... Thanks!!!

Other cuestion....

When I am in a forum private and hidden, i can't Hop to other forums privates and hidden. The menu only shows the forums that aren't hidden.

If somebody knows how to fix this problem i will be really glad.

Thanks!! smile

[ July 03, 2001 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Jerome ]
Posted By: V00D00 Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 07/07/2001 4:22 AM
I'm having a problem with posting news with UBBNEWS 2.0 from my hidden forum. Ideas?
Posted By: Jen Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 07/13/2001 9:00 AM
e@sy: Does this hack work in 6.05?
just wanted to say thx e@sy, it worked no problem first time smile

Can I ask though, how can i remove the hidden forums from the search menu?

And secondly, is it possible for not even the forum names to show up in WOL?

If i can get these 2 sorted they will be 100% hidden - no one will know of their existence unless they are permitted entry laugh

stubbsy

[ July 18, 2001 08:07 AM: Message edited by: stubbsy ]
This hack worked perfect.
Posted By: Hexe Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 07/19/2001 1:19 AM
hey e@sy.....

I use version 6.05 and Whos-online 4.0

Hack works great with it, but it will show the last posting in whos-online and in the user-profil (lastpost hack in userprofil)

If I try to add this code in ultimatebb.cgi:

if (($whos_online_forum[6] =~ /private/ig)||($whos_online_forum[6] =~ /hidden/ig))

I´ll get this error

Execution of /homepages/33/d31419580/htdocs/araworld/ubb6/ultimatebb.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.

Please,have you an advice for me ?
Posted By: Hexe Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 07/22/2001 12:28 PM

Is anybody here, who can give an answer to me ?????

thx

[ July 22, 2001 05:29 AM: Message edited by: Hexe ]
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 07/25/2001 5:39 PM
@hexe

Open ubb_whos_online.cgi
find:

if ($where ne "login" && $where ne "logout") {
push (@online, "$current|^|$this_username|^|$this_user_number|^|$remote_ip|^|$wheren");
}

replace with

if ($where ne "login" && $where ne "logout") {
if ($whos_online_forum[6] =~ /hidden/ig) {} else {
push (@online, "$current|^|$this_username|^|$this_user_number|^|$remote_ip|^|$wheren");
}
}

[ July 25, 2001 10:40 AM: Message edited by: e@sy ]
hi e@sy,

i appreciate your probably real busy, but any ideas on these?
quote:
tia

stubbsy
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 07/25/2001 7:56 PM
For the Whos_online look the posting above your's.If you change this the user is not shown if he is in the hidden forum

for the search problem you forget something in the hack

######################
# ubb_search.cgi open #
######################
#########
#########
if ($forum_info[6] eq 'private') {
################
# replace with #
################
if (($forum_info[6] eq 'private')||($forum_info[6] eq 'hidden')) {
#########
#########
if ($get_path[6] eq 'private') {
################
# replace with #
################
if (($get_path[6] eq 'private')||($get_path[6] eq 'hidden')) {
HI e@sy,

I am using the UBB 6.05 with your MessageHideHack and this one here. But now i always get this errors:
Code
code:

Also in some more files!! The MessageHideHack worked properly but now when i installed th ForumHideHack I always get the errors with the bracket at the end of each file mad mad

I hope you can help me fast wink!

MfG
Markus
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 07/27/2001 7:43 AM
Controlle the Hack, i think you have forget something to install
I Get The Error when trying to move a topic

Undefined subroutine &main::hop_to_list_hidden called at /ubb_topic_maint.cgi line 212.

Can Any 1 Help
thx e@sy smile

much appreciate your help

nice one
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 08/01/2001 9:38 AM
quote:
You have forget to make some changes in ubb_lib.cgi
Posted By: Abz Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 08/02/2001 8:00 PM
thx..e@sy
very useful
Okay I did the hack but get this error:

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main: Open called at E:/futurelooks/web/cgi-bin/ubb_new_reply.cgi line 432.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error

- Thanks to LK he helped me figure out what was wrong.

[ August 04, 2001: Message edited by: Splitfyre ]
thx for this hack!
Posted By: Dibrus Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 08/25/2001 12:14 PM
Hi Easy,

ist it possible to modify this Hack for 6.05?
I´m too stupid to do that. laugh

------------

Oups, sorry for this posting. Now i red, that the hack works with 6.05

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: Dibrus ]
Posted By: Santa Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 09/05/2001 2:23 AM
I hope you still read this thread cause I got a problem frown

When I install your hack it works just fine, but you can't make old forums hidden, and If I make a new one I Can make it hidden, but as soon as I change some in the forum settings It's not hidden anymore It's A kind of annoying Course I often change my colors And then my hidden forum aren't hidden anymore, hope you have some Ideas what is wrong..
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 09/19/2001 6:47 AM
Okay, I got this to work alright, but even when I modify the files as per page 4 of this thread, it still shows in who's on line.

Also, how can I prevent moderators from getting in private forums? I've been all through the control panel and I can't see a way to exclude them. I'm using v6.04
Hi, after i applied the hack it worked fine.

Then i noticed, when you only make a forum private (not hidden) in the forum summary under "Last post" the thread name doesn't show up.

Example:

September 20, 2001 16:53

it should be:

September 20, 2001 16:53
-=Need Help=- (Viktor)

Is that problem my fault, or is it a general problem, cuz my board is heavyly hacked.
Hi easy!

I have a little problem laugh
ps: sorry for the english, i'm brazilian

well...i installed all the hack...he works fine, i can enter the forum with no problem but when i go to cp.cgi and click Edit Details to make him a Hidden Forum, appear this:

Code
code:

do you have any ideas?

thx
Hmmm

Yeah easy, I made it...he works

BUTTTT =)

when I go to Edit Details of one forum, I check HIDDEN FORUM, but he don't Hidden the forum!!!

do you have any idea?!?!?!

www.forumz.com.br.tf

thx!!!
great hack e@sy, but i am having a couple problems.

i am using 6.04b with Who's Online? v3.7Qc and even after i changed that line in ultimatebb.cgi it still shows unauthorized people when someone is in there on the who's online page.

also, the "hop to" pulldown on the hidden forum is not showing the new forum.

i have read over this thread a couple times and i see that a couple of other people are also having this problem. if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.
Posted By: nolito Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 11/08/2001 2:07 PM
Can somebody make this mod for 6.1x ?

I try it but i did not succeed frown
Posted By: Hagar Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 01/04/2002 4:33 PM
I've got some security problems on my forum.

The problem is that unauthorized users with the moderator status can access the forum by putting the direct link to the topic in their browser. once there inside they can post replies and read all that vital Private stuff.

They cannot see the topic list, at that point the hack blocks the unauthorized users.

But for now I've got a mayor leak on my board.
these problems are for both the hidden and private forums.

Can someone tell me where the conditions for entering these forums is set?
Cause it's obvious that it doesn't filter out the mods when they enter the direct link (as provided by wol) to the hidden/private topics.

Hagar

[ 01-04-2002 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Hagar ]
Hi there,
Is this hack available for UBB6.05
Cause it doesn't appear to work as it's given for UBB 6.04 (a/b/c/d/e) (duh)
If you have got it for UBB 6.05 please tell me where it's located
Tnx
GreetZ
ive been dying for this hack =p thx SO much e@sy

but im running into a problem with what seems to be ubb_lib.cgi

ERROR:
Error including required files: [Tue Jan 8 22:29:34 2002] ultimatebb.cgi: Unmatched right bracket at /home/domains/opticalshock.com/cgi-bin/ubb_lib.cgi line 3729, at end of line [Tue Jan 8 22:29:34 2002] ultimatebb.cgi: syntax error at /home/domains/opticalshock.com/cgi-bin/ubb_lib.cgi line 3729, near "}" Make sure these files exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly. [Tue Jan 8 22:29:34 2002] ultimatebb.cgi: Unmatched right bracket at /home/domains/opticalshock.com/cgi-bin/ubb_lib.cgi line 3729, at end of line [Tue Jan 8 22:29:34 2002] ultimatebb.cgi: syntax error at /home/domains/opticalshock.com/cgi-bin/ubb_lib.cgi line 3729, near "}"

ive redone the hack like 3 times now and still same error.. i think it has to do with the "} ## end hop_to_list" part of the hack.. because when i play with it the error changes

do i put the hack string of code before or after "} ## end hop_to_list".. are there supposed to be 2 of them or one?

hehe sooooo confused =p help!
quote:
Originally posted by HappyHawk:
Hi there,
Is this hack available for UBB6.05
Cause it doesn't appear to work as it's given for UBB 6.04 (a/b/c/d/e) (duh)
If you have got it for UBB 6.05 please tell me where it's located
Tnx
GreetZ

Posted By: Neil Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 01/16/2002 2:55 AM
Great hack E@sy but I'm having a small problem with it. The info for the last post made in my forum is not showing up, and it's not showing the number of posts or threads in the forum anymore either, they just show 0 instead. Any ideas? I've rehacked everything to check I didn't make a mistake and there seems to be no problem. I'm using lots of mods like Whos Online 4.0, the chatroom mod, etc.

Also at the end of the instructions for this hack it says something to do if you have Whos online, but does it apply to versions above 4.0 too? The line you say to change is commented out with a "#" at the start but in my ultimatebb.cgi it's NOT commented out?!?
Hello
I am using Vs 6.2.1.1 will this work for this release or is there a different hidden forum hack?

THanks
Posted By: Chasm Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 04/15/2002 9:23 PM
I am looking for this mod for this version too please (6.2.2.1) as it seems that there are major differences in the code smile
Posted By: Eugene Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 07/09/2002 8:14 PM
Is this hack available for Classic 6.2.1.3?
Posted By: SeanRx Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 07/17/2002 4:36 AM
Greetings,

According to my control panel, I use 6.04f. Will this work?

If so, how do I install this? I am new to UBB and this is the first time I have read about modifications. Plus, this is the one for which I am looking! I want a secret forum!

Can any of you help me, please?

Thanks.
There is a tutorial on how to install hacks in the Database. You can reach the database by clicking "Database" in the header, and then go to the Tutorial forum.
Posted By: Kazi Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 02/22/2003 9:50 PM
hey all....
the hide function works excellent, the only problem i'm having now is in my ubb_new_reply.cgi file... i get this error:
[code][/code]whats the deal with this??
any help is appreciated...
-kazi
Posted By: e@sy Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 02/23/2003 3:25 AM
@Kazi
Missing right curly or square bracket
Posted By: Kazi Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 02/23/2003 11:16 AM
but line 734 is the end of the file (hence EOF i think) i tried adding both a } and a ] but neither help it at all..
what the hell....
Posted By: Kazi Re: [6.0x] Hidden Private Forum 1.1 [Finished] - 03/05/2003 9:43 PM
can anyone help me? my first post was replied to quite quickly but my 2nd followup question has gone unanswered.
© UBB.Developers