UBB.Dev
Posted By: AllenAyres [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/04/2001 8:25 AM
Name: UBB Poll v6 beta

Description: This is a stand-alone poll script that utilizes the UBB members structure and the styles. A user must be registered on your UBB in order to vote in the poll. A slick administration utility is also included with the script allowing for opening and closing of polls, and adding and deleting of polls.

Original Author: Andy Tomaka

Demo: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll

Link: https://www.ubbdev.com/hacks/6/ubbpoll.zip

(Updated 06/11/2001)

Requires: DPK's Wordlet Dev Kit to be installed first.

Development Roadmap

Alpha 1 - begin upgrading

Beta 1 - begin ubb6 integration

Beta 2

- will work on using the pre-built ubb sub's more later this week so the design/layout looks more like your forum

- will push to the beta 2 use of template files for the same reason as well...

<<<< we are here

- beta 3 will have the text in wordlets

- beta 4 will be in finished form as a "standalone" script and will have an auto-install file built for it. Primary changes over beta 3 will be code optimization (there's a good bit of redundancy in sub/variable usage that could just be pulled from the ubb itself). HTML validation will be completed with css support integrated.

- beta 5 will be considered finished (release 1), moved to the finished forum, with a UBB™ Poll Moduile offered as a completely stand-alone poll script.

There are no dates as of yet on any of these stages, since several people are working on it as time allows.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/04/2001 8:28 AM
- new thread started to keep confusion down between the 2 versions of poll scripts.

- Files updated, now all public pages:

[*]validate to html 4.01 transitional (with exception of page margins which will be fixed in final version).

[*]have wordlets done
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/04/2001 8:38 AM
AIght thanks I was getting a bit confused. there . I was like why did you go up one version and then back down .. wow its late where I am ..
Posted By: afterlab Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/04/2001 11:55 AM
Hey Allen.. Am I supposed to make any of files CHMODed? All you said was that they must be in a certain directory.
Posted By: Burn Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/04/2001 12:10 PM
I have VERSION: 1.5 public beta, so if I wanna upgrade do I just upload the files again ??
Posted By: afterlab Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/04/2001 12:10 PM
is there any way you can make this hack open for everyone? so everyone can post a new poll?
Posted By: Spitz Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/04/2001 1:19 PM
hey any chance there is a multi hack file for this?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/04/2001 8:18 PM
afterlab - set permissions on the .cgi and .pl files uploaded to 755 or 777, for anyone to be able to post a poll, you may want to check on the thread-integrated poll script in this same forum, it works really nice.

Burn - yes, just upload the files, you may need to update your wordlets

Spitz - not yet, that I know of. One will be made when this is final, but someone may have made one already.
Posted By: Ellen Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/05/2001 1:13 PM
When I tried to install this, it appeared to go in fine, but on
/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll neither results nor vote showed up with a hyperlink.

[ June 05, 2001 06:13 AM: Message edited by: Ellen ]
Posted By: Poacher Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/05/2001 3:46 PM
Hi Allen,

I have been waiting for the next stage before I load this one up. I know it is difficult to say (especially as this is a labour of love wink ) when this will be ready, but can you give us a clue?

Cheers
Posted By: ruph Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/05/2001 4:02 PM
Does this hack have anything to do with the Thread Poll hack??
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/05/2001 7:04 PM
Ellen, wanna pm me with a link? I have been to your site a few times before, but it's been a while. I'd like to see what it's doing.

Poacher, asap, there really isn't much left to do, mainly worldets for the cp, making a completly standalone option again, and working out the css. If I have time, sometime this week. If you are installing it integrated into your ubb (and speak English), what's up now is complete except for the css.

ruph, that's a seperate modification. They may be integrated in the future...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/05/2001 9:42 PM
Ellen, it looks like you haven't done the wordlets yet... you will need to install DPK's wordlets modification found here:

http://www.nfscheats.com/users/DPK/scripts/cgi_perl/mods_wordlet_devkit_0.1.zip

Fairly easy to install, both polls scripts require this to have links to results, etc... Install the wordlet dev kit then add the wordlets in the instructions to it.

I need to make that more clear in the instructions, thanks for helping me find a documentation bug.
Posted By: Ellen Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/05/2001 11:30 PM
I'm glad I could help you find a bug, but, umm, that wasn't the problem. I did/do have them all in there. Any other thoughts? But thanks for trying!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/06/2001 12:20 AM
smile Do you have them configurable from your control panel? Do you have a selection under "Wordlets" in the drop-down box for "Modifications Wordlets"? Those are the ones the 2 poll scripts look for when needing to call the wordlets... if the wordlets aren't there, you get blank space.
Posted By: Ellen Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/06/2001 12:41 AM
All the wordlets appear in the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file, but they do not show up in the control panel as configurable wordlets.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/06/2001 12:46 AM
exactly, you need to install them so your ubb can find them, check the instructions in the link I provided, it's a fairly simple install, and should correct most/all of your problems.
Posted By: Ellen Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/06/2001 12:59 AM
"syntax error at cgi-bin/vars_wordlets_mods.cgi line 2, near "_"

When I did that here's the error message I got.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/06/2001 1:02 AM
remove that line in the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file, it's just a guide to how to write the wordlets...

make sure you add the wordlets from the (bottom of the) poll instructions to the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file... or just upload the one that came with the poll zips, since you haven't installed them before and aren't using them yet for anything else like who's online, yet.
Posted By: Ellen Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/06/2001 1:09 AM
Boy, do I feel sorry for you working with people like me! Am I stupid, I had added the wordlets to the wrong file. But I'm glad I could be of assistance anyway in my stupidity...works great now! Thank you so much!!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/06/2001 1:19 AM
smile no problem, glad you got it to work.. they are needed in quite a few modifications... smile
Posted By: ruph Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/06/2001 2:09 AM
pretty easy to install.. but theres no button whatsoever that links to the polls page.. how am i suppose to know if it even worked??.. actually i already figured out the link by guessing.. tipsy just a suggestion that you guys should atleast add a button for the next version.. cause i've installed the previous beta and didnt see any diff so i took it out. anyways, great hack!
Posted By: Ellen Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/07/2001 4:34 AM
Thanks to your help, it's working perfectly now. What I originally did is put the wordlets in vars_wordlets instead of vars_wordlets_mods.
Posted By: RTM Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/07/2001 6:08 AM
We must have majorly screwed up our installation of this hack, since it is working in a majorly broken way;

1) it is allowing multiple votes by the same member - 777 on polls directory.

2) serious HTML alignment problems on confirmation and transitional screens, including variables not being translated correctly

This is odd, since this seems like a great hack and we are so looking forward to it. Perhaps we have majorly SNAFU'd the installation.

Currently installed hacks include:

Statistics 0.95
Rate This Topic 1.1a
Who's Online (latest release as of posting)

Any assistance greatly appreciated - see www.templeofblues.com/cgi-bin/agora/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/11/2001 9:01 AM
More wordlets done to control panel side, version # added to assist in bug testing.
Posted By: edward Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/12/2001 6:52 PM
What the.....
Your mod is incomplete I put this mod it onliy interact with the control panel but there is no effect in my forum,

Tell me what will I do to have poll like in this site.

Or maybe can you update the intallation text
Posted By: LordPhayd Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/13/2001 3:28 PM
Hi there! I have version 6.04e of UBB and I must say that it is working quite well. I felt that UBB by itself just didn't have the functionality it could, so I decided to install a few mods. One of which was this one!

I followed all directions and YES I have the Mod Wordlets Dev Kit and it displays perfectly, along with 12 other mods, but when I attempt to add a poll it gives me this error:

$vars_wordlets_mods{polls_cp_thanks}

All I know is that this is one of the wordlets for this hack. I checked it out in the wordlets settings section in CP and all it said was "Thank you". I just assumed that it was missing or something.

I decided to check out the other functions of this hack and discovered that when I go to the delete poll section it displays the poll that I just made.

I decided to go ahead ahead and delete it. I then recieved this message:

The .cgi file could not be deleteed because: No such file or directory.

I find this odd becuase all .cgi files are in thier respective areas.

Also, one more thing, the post poll button is also not displaying. frown

Any help would be highly appreciated. This looks like an excellent hack!
Posted By: Slasher Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/13/2001 6:58 PM
What are exactly the diferences between this hack and the "thread-integrated ubb poll 1.4"?
Posted By: joey d Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/15/2001 9:13 AM
umm i am having the same problem... its seems to be all installd and its there in my CP. I can make a poll no problem however it has no effect on the forum??? where do the polls go? Something else i have noticed when i make a new poll and update the page the cp says

after i have clicked the add poll

has any one had this problem or know what it may be?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/15/2001 7:57 PM
We need to fix a few more bugs... it's printing the code for the wordlet there instead of the wordlet itself. There's not a "add poll" or "polls" button either, we were doing it manually... an ssi version for the front page of a site would be nice as well, it just hasn't been done yet. smile

If I have time this weekend, I'll put some more work into it and fix a few bugs...
Posted By: joey d Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/15/2001 8:03 PM
thanx a lot allen! smile
Posted By: LordPhayd Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/15/2001 8:35 PM
Kick a$$!!! Thanks, bro!
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/15/2001 10:40 PM
little modi. in ubb_poll.cgi

www.axtien.de/database/ubb_poll_1.zip
and can u change the text " tc for voting - click HERE to ..." into the §standart form like here if u have add reply ... ?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/16/2001 1:19 AM
danke melder... in looking at your file it looks like you did a lot of work on an older version. Quite a few of the wordlets are just not there. Whole sections are changed from this version...

I am afraid to upload it and try it out...:) Do you have a link to it working on your site?
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/16/2001 1:04 PM
test poll in [ www.chat-board.de ] ...

>>> UBB-hacker >>> UMFRAGEN >>> there is the link to the test poll

(only this way - i save the frames)

--------------

can u splitt the ubb_poll.cgi in ubb_poll.cgi and ubb_poll.pl (templates) 4 a better working ?

... and the userlink in the comments are not right.

test by user: test1 - password: test1 wink if u like
Posted By: Slasher Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/16/2001 5:51 PM
quote:
bump
Posted By: Mightymod Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/17/2001 3:33 AM
Hi Dudes !

I installed the pollhack like discribed in the install.txt
BTW: Your installationguide says:

Code
code:

This needs the "Who is online" hack installed, huh ?

Back...
I can add, delete, open and close polls but get that errors discribed by that other members before...

After interacting with the cp.cgi (adding polls) it says $vars_wordlets_mods{polls_cp_opened}.

How to see, vote polls ?
When browsing to ......ubb=poll i get only a blank screen, and yes i have that dev_kit installed , 2 other hacks are using it..

How to interact with this hack usersided ?

So long...the cp-stuff is done well..maybe you can help..

Sorry 4 my bad english laugh laugh
Posted By: kyo Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/18/2001 9:51 AM
suggestion ^^ : how about a col mentioning about how much votes have been casted on the poll on poll summary laugh
Posted By: winnie02 Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/18/2001 11:48 PM
i have install the hack, but when to cp and click on Primary Settings -> Configure Poll Settings, i get an error saying "You do not have permission to access this area.
» Use your browser's back button to return."

Can anyone help me?
tnx
winnie
Posted By: JokerZ Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/19/2001 12:14 AM
I downloaded the poll "thought it looked neat" but couldn`t get any wordlets when I clicked this link.
Requires: DPK's Wordlet Dev Kit to be installed first.
Any help here where there is not a broken link?
Thanks,
JokerZ
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/19/2001 8:50 AM
u dont need DPK's Wordlet Dev Kit.

demo: [ www.chat-board.de ] >>> UBB-HACKER >>> the first thread "UMFRAGEN" >>> ...
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/19/2001 1:39 PM
Joker, download it from http://www.nfscheats.com/users/DPK/scripts/cgi_perl/mods_wordlet_devkit_0.1.zip , then enter "mods_wordlets_devkit" directory, and do part 3 of mods_wordlets_install.txt.

[ June 19, 2001 06:40 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: JokerZ Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/19/2001 5:01 PM
Thanks allot guys!!
I love it!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/19/2001 5:25 PM
quote:
umm... melder, they do if they want the wordlets to show up. the poll scripts we have here all point to $vars_wordlets_mods{polls_something}
Posted By: Slasher Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/19/2001 9:21 PM
quote:
bump smile

[ June 19, 2001 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Slasher ]
Posted By: CyKuH Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/25/2001 6:57 AM
Can't Search indexing in 6.04f (mod poll)
One or more items submitted in the form are not in the proper format.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/25/2001 7:12 AM
slasher, it should be very obvious what the differences are in these 2 modifications... the names are enough it would seem...:)

cykuh, not sure what you are asking... you apparently did something wrong when editing the files. What version are you trying to run it on?
Posted By: CyKuH Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/25/2001 7:53 AM
MOD NAME: UBBPoll
DESCRIPTION: Gives you the option of adding a polling feature to your
forums, only allowing members to vote.
DATE: 05.26.2001
VERSION: 2 public beta
ORIGINAL AUTHOR: Andy Tomaka (based on ubbpoll 2.1b)

forum ubb6.04f
Posted By: click Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/25/2001 1:48 PM
any way to get a shw ?

tks
Posted By: Robert Harnaga Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/26/2001 1:13 AM
quote:

I haven't experienced the HTML alignment problem, but I do get multiple votes by the same member problem. Is this intentional or did I install it improperly?

http://stage.runarena.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;action=ShowComments;id=1

On a less important note, when I enter a new poll the thank you page seems undefined. It actually prints out:

Even though this is defined in vars_wordlets_mods.cgi

#)chil#/www/stage-runarena/cgi-bin# ls -l vars_wordlets_mods.cgi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody griffin 2643 Jun 25 18:32 vars_wordlets_mods.cgi*

#)chil#/www/stage-runarena/cgi-bin# head vars_wordlets_mods.cgi
%vars_wordlets_mods = (
polls_question => "Question",
polls_id => "ID",
polls_title => "Title",
polls_name => "UBBPolls",
polls_new => "New Poll",
polls_vote => "Vote",
polls_votes => "vote(s)",
polls_voting => "Voting",
polls_vote_count => "Vote Count",

#)chil#/www/stage-runarena/cgi-bin# tail vars_wordlets_mods.cgi
polls_cp_delete => "Delete Poll",
polls_cp_open => "Open Poll",
polls_cp_close => "Close Poll",
polls_cp_new => "Add A New Poll",
polls_cp_seperate => "Seperate each option with a press of the enter key.",
polls_cp_previous => "Open a previously closed poll.",
polls_cp_none => "There are no polls that can be opened.",
mod_wordlets => "Modifications Wordlets"
);
1;

#)chil#/www/stage-runarena/cgi-bin# grep polls_cp_thanks vars_wordlets_mods.cgi
polls_cp_thanks => "Thank you for adding your poll. It is now open and viewable to your users.",
Posted By: Engine Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/26/2001 3:03 PM
Hm i think the hack is ok here but i get another problem, where want to create the ubb the poll cgi´s or datas? when i try to create a poll say my board that here..

The 4_data.cgi file could not be opened because: Permission denied.
Posted By: maurice Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/26/2001 4:34 PM
Everytime when I change something in the CP i get something like "
"$vars_wordlets_mods{polls_cp_closed}"
Also when I try to vote for a closed poll I get a
Code
code:
Posted By: Engine Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/27/2001 5:51 PM
Hmmmmm where can i change the font settings? in the start of a vote looks it ok , look these 1 http://geb.emubase.de/cgi-bin/board/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll

but when you vote or look in the comments looks the font total bad frown

Hm or it is only the size, in the comments and voting is it very small

http://geb.emubase.de/cgi-bin/board/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;action=ShowResults;id=7

[ June 27, 2001 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Engine ]
Posted By: humble [ThC] Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/28/2001 6:09 AM
Simple Question..

IS this one completly compatible with the Poll in Threads v1.4 hack... (I know the differance 8).. just want to know if I can't have them both 8)...

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/28/2001 6:04 PM
Engine: make sure you have created the directory as instructed in the directions and set its permission to 777. Those font settings are in ubb_poll.cgi, you can change the size in there...

maurice: those bugs haven't been worked out yet. They are purely cosmetic to the admin and do not affect performance tho...

ampere: we have them both installed here...:)
Posted By: Pixel Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/29/2001 4:36 AM
I had the same problem as engine and fixed the size. But it still makes blank code for font face:

How to I change it to the same font face as the rest of the board (Verdana). The results page is ignoring the font face settings in the CP.
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/29/2001 4:05 PM
The font problem is due to a type in ubb_poll.cgi

instead of referencing $vars_style{FontFace} it says $vars_style{fontFace} instead
Posted By: AceWheelie Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/29/2001 5:29 PM
Installed this today on my test board and so far so good well apart from one tiny problem
how do I let my users add polls as there are no buttons in the forums and I cannot find anyway of adding a link that will make it work like it does on here, I can only add polls throught the cp confused
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/29/2001 5:41 PM
Thanks Jeremiah... will get it fixed later today...

AW, this one isn't for users to create, it's for admins to make new polls, like we have on our front page.
Posted By: AceWheelie Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/29/2001 5:52 PM
Opps Allen

sorry thought it was the same as the one thats in each froum :rolleyes:
Posted By: mark99 Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 06/30/2001 11:14 AM
Would you be possible to add an 'ordering' option so that the results can be shown in the order of which got the most votes to the least etc.?
Posted By: Erro Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/01/2001 5:04 PM
Hi
I have just ínstall UBB Poll v6 beta and i have a small problem.

When i try to create a poll in CP i get this message: You do not have permission to access this area.

I have set all files to 777 and the polls catalog in my cgi-bin to 777.

I have also set all PL files to 777 but nothing helps.

Anyone nows what i'm doing wrong here? confused
Posted By: Coolguy80 Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/02/2001 12:47 PM
Never mind

[ July 02, 2001 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Coolguy80 ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/02/2001 1:19 PM
Erro, hack cp.cgi again.
Posted By: Erro Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/02/2001 4:57 PM
LK,
It's not working..

I have some other hack installed so i think this is the problem.

The code in cp.cgi is not match the code in the UBB Poll install text.

Thanks anyway smile
Posted By: joey d Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/03/2001 6:43 PM
delete me

[ July 03, 2001 12:07 PM: Message edited by: joey d ]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/03/2001 6:46 PM
prolly a mistake by me...:)

jordo has said that he's working on updating this - I'll fix some of the small bugs and wait for him to take it to the next level. smile What browser are you using to view it with?
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/03/2001 6:52 PM
quote:
the answer is about 8 posts up in my previous response tipsy
Posted By: joey d Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/03/2001 6:59 PM
thanx a lot got it working now smile
one thing
1. users can vote more than once on a poll frown

[ July 03, 2001 12:10 PM: Message edited by: joey d ]
Posted By: humble [ThC] Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/05/2001 6:22 AM
Ok, I feel very silly, considering this is my 81st hack I've installed successfully... But I can't figure out how to make the poll show up anywhere on the board.... The Control Panel is there.... I've created a poll... BUT... Where does it display the poll @??

OK... I found it...
Code
code:

But I am getting the wordlet display when Adding New Polls, like the above users..

[ July 04, 2001 11:46 PM: Message edited by: ampere ]
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/07/2001 5:21 PM
quote:

... on my board too ...

funktions.pl - delete
new files upload

!? no changes in ultimate, cp ...

all chmod ok

?mmmm

[www.chat-board.de]
Posted By: NightSong Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/09/2001 5:06 AM
Simple Question: When I create a new Template I do not get an option to pick a Graphic for "Post new poll".
I went around control panel trying to find a way out but no go, what am I missing.

Thanks!
Posted By: josh Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/10/2001 2:41 AM
quote:
That is the Thread-Intergrated Poll, this is UBB poll which you can add to your top links through the ubb_lib.cgi and the url to it would be www.yoursite.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll
Posted By: LordPhayd Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/10/2001 8:42 PM
Can someone please answer my question? frown

I reinstalled the mod and it still comes up with those friggin' errors. I'm getting jealous of everyone's who's got it working. laugh
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/10/2001 8:46 PM
When i try to create a poll !!! in CP i get this message: You do not have permission to access this area.

after update ! wy ???

[ www.chat-board.de ]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/11/2001 8:14 AM
I believe I got a lot of the little annoying bugs out of the files ( font faces, printing the $vars_wordlet instead of the actual words). Some work was also done on the html to clean it up a bit.

To upgrade (if you've already installed), just upload the cgi-bin and Template files (not the variable).

Still wanna back this up so all you have to do is upload and not modify any UBB™ files. hmmmm...
Posted By: maurice Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/11/2001 1:49 PM
great update it works fine now.

How can I make it show up in the public_forum_summary.pl as a column? like the who's online?

[ July 11, 2001 06:50 AM: Message edited by: maurice ]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/11/2001 6:18 PM
hmm... should be easy enough.. I'll look at doing this... if it's not too much hassle, I'll include it later this week. If it is too much work, sorry wink
Posted By: joey d Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/14/2001 4:43 AM
thats a good idea any chance of getting the question of the poll in the fourm summary page as well?

Has anyone else had the porblem of users being able to vote more the once on the polls? I am having that ATM frown
Posted By: Pixel Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/14/2001 7:38 AM
Joey:

Yeah, I noticed the mutiple vote problem too. Hopefully there will a feature that will prevent repeat voters. Otherwise, it works great for me.
Posted By: joey d Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/14/2001 6:59 PM
quote:
Ahh ok i c... then its not something i did wrong its just a bug in the code ahhh thats ok... The problem with me is that i know i should wait untill things become
ver1 but i hate to wait cuz there are mods i want to install now, and my coding skills are somewhere between zero and well zero.. smile
Posted By: Sonic Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/18/2001 6:44 AM
Users can vote more than once on my board too. Can this be fixed? This didn't exsist on Beta 1.5, which I just upgraded from.
Posted By: Sonic Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/22/2001 1:42 AM
Will this ever be fixed?
Posted By: Robert Harnaga Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/22/2001 3:51 AM
yeah, I got the same problem. There will always be some wise guy to vote 10 times and throw off the whole poll.

I hope this can be fixed soon.
to prevent users from voting twice find this line in ubb_poll.cgi (in do_vote sub)

Code
code:

and replace it with this

Code
code:
Posted By: Rattler til Death Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/25/2001 8:17 PM
Thanks. That worked for me. laugh
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/25/2001 9:27 PM
Thanks for that bugfix Gaurdian...

One more:

Right above the above fix, there's some capitalization problems that doesn't help either.

Find:

while() {

Replace with:

while() {

Just upload ubb_poll.cgi from the zip if you've already installed, zip has been updated with the fixes.
Posted By: Sonic Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/26/2001 4:15 AM
I ran into a problem right away. In ubb_poll.cgi, it claims it couldn't find vars_memberlist.cgi on Line 21. I removed that line, and everything started tow work ok, but I get this Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 on the top of every page in the poll system. My Poll system is located at http://www.starfleetplatoon.com/BB/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll
Posted By: ZoneX Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/26/2001 11:56 PM
Ok. My UBB is at http://gamingrealm.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi so I went to the CP and posted a poll. Then I went to http://gamingrealm.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll BUT I get an error saying "You are attempting to reach a page that doesn't exist". Why is this ? confused
Posted By: ZoneX Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/27/2001 11:08 PM
^
|
|
Can anyone help me ? frown
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/27/2001 11:13 PM
it sounds like you didn't finish it...
Posted By: ZoneX Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/27/2001 11:21 PM
Aww, I'll re-hack from backups.
Posted By: ZoneX Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/27/2001 11:37 PM
Yeah Allen, that worked! Thanks so much.

Quick question though : Where it says poll, ID, etc., how can I get an image named table.gif instead of a color as the background for those cells.
Posted By: Sonic Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/29/2001 4:11 AM
What about my Problem?
Posted By: zorroman Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 07/31/2001 7:45 AM
Code
quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sonic:
....work ok, but I get this [b]Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 on the top of every page in the poll system.[/b]<hr></blockquote>

I get the exactly same problem as Sonic.
When I view the sourc of the html file, I see this:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">code:

and this "Content-Type: text/html" text are showing on top of every page in the poll
Posted By: zorroman Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/02/2001 7:05 PM
Can someone please help with this problem of me and Sonic?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/02/2001 7:12 PM
it also shows up at the top of every page in your ubb, it's part of the ubb code. if you are running in english, you can most likely delete that from public_common.pl
Posted By: Sonic Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/04/2001 12:44 AM
quote:
I don't mean in the HTML header, I mean it appears in the browser, just above my UBB Header Graphic. Please, go to my site and you'll see what I mean. http://www.starfleetplatoon.com/BB/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll
i added a bar graph at the poll summary page that shows how many members have voted 'till now (in percent)

http://www.yumetal.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll

if someone likes it I can post the needed add-ons to the code...
Posted By: hellhound Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/05/2001 4:46 AM
hi
it was instaled succefful!
bi enter to my cp panel
after configure polls
and NO links!!
no link to edit poll
no link to the add poll
etc
only description

can some body help me ?
Posted By: hellhound Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/05/2001 4:00 PM
oh sorry thats ok smile )
i forget to upload a vars_worldets_mods
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/05/2001 6:30 PM
How do I put the word polls up by my memberlist?

demo: www.futurelooks.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/05/2001 10:18 PM
you'll need to find the $MainButtons = qq! line in ubb_lib.cgi and add :

| $vars_wordlets_mods{polls_vote}

after the memberlist entry

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: AllenAyres ]
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/05/2001 11:43 PM
Thanks Allen,

Couldn't remember which file controlled the links..now the question is how can I format them so its not one big line?

Secondly when in the Polls why am I getting:

Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8899-1

at the top of the page? I've removed this stupid character set from my style sheet and still it persists?

frown
Posted By: E-Riddick Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/10/2001 5:23 PM
This is a sweet looking Poll setup, I have it installed but I am having 2 problems:
1) I am getting the "Content-Type: text/html" message in the Poll screens, but no where else in the UBB
2) Also after I made the poll, I voted with my user account (non-admin account) and it didn't count the vote, I logged off my account and logged in as another account and it counted theirs ; any ideas.
3)Also when trying to delete the poll through Control Panel - it says something about .cgi could no be deleted because it couldn't find it.

The poll looks great though, and thanks for all the hard work - I have been waiting for a poll forever.
Posted By: hellhound Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/10/2001 6:24 PM
it strange guys but i dont have any problems
http://www.flashpointer.ru/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll

i have a russian board , so for make it windows-1251 i make my self a modificaion I change all $masterchart to windows-1251 in many files on the board
Posted By: E-Riddick Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/10/2001 10:27 PM
My poll won't update - if someone votes, and goes to view it, everything says zero as if noone ever voted. Also - I chmod'd all files int the cgi-bin/poll directory to 777 and then it would count a vote. But the next time it wouldn't update, any ideas?

Thanks for the help
Erik
Posted By: Milton Waddams Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/17/2001 2:39 PM
yes, somebody definitely needs to come up with a bug fix or solution as to why "Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" appears above the main graphic after deleting the neccessary line from ubb_poll.cgi.

I'm too new to be intellegent enough to fix this.

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: Milton Waddams ]
Posted By: Milton Waddams Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/17/2001 2:45 PM
also, after I vote, the next page it takes me to is pretty much blank except for that same "Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" message, and a "Click Here" type line.

Very basic, but this poll is still very cool!

At this point, after we vote in a poll, is the next page supposed to be very generic?
Posted By: Sonic Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/19/2001 1:13 AM
Here is why the Content-Type is showing up:

quote:
It is appearing before the tag.
Posted By: Warren Rake Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/21/2001 8:39 AM
ok, but where do i fix that? I didn't see it in any of the files. Which file will have that header error in it? sorry, Im kinda new wink
Posted By: dadymac Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 08/24/2001 5:25 AM
is no one going to tell us how to add this in the forum summary ala who is online?? i think that will make this hack actually useful.
Posted By: look4you Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/03/2001 5:06 AM
Content-Type: text/html

Always in the top-left of the poll-pages.
VERY ANNOYING.

But prolly not worth to spend time on to fix it, since they have a newer version out.

Bad service...

smirk
Posted By: Domain Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/05/2001 8:25 PM
Hi!

I installes this Hack, works great, but if just the Link to the Poll would show up! laugh

There is no Link showing up on my Main Page that links to the Poll.

And like so may others, part of that header tag appears at my board as well.

Can anybody help, please?
Posted By: Domain Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/06/2001 9:07 AM
I just can't figure this out. The whole Poll System works great, the Link and everything is there, it's just that UBB does not show a Link to the Poll.

Should I just add a Link to the Poll in public_forum_summary.pl or would this not be a good Idea?

Please somebody help! wink
Posted By: nex Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/09/2001 1:37 AM
http://www.nfscheats.com/users/DPK/scripts/cgi_perl/mods_wordlet_devkit_0.1.zip <--- is down frown
Posted By: 24hdownload Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/11/2001 10:36 AM
The content thing still apears on the top-left on all my Poll pages...

ANybody knows a fix... can't wait forever for this.

Regards,
Michael
Posted By: 24hdownload Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/13/2001 6:30 PM
Come on, doesn't anybody knows how to fix it?

Your all geniuses right?

I'm just a fool...with a low IQ.

Sorry for asking help.

Michael
Posted By: DEW_METALIKAT Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/15/2001 9:51 AM
The Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 problem has to have something to do with the new files, obviously. I'm no wiz at Perl, but I know enough to get around UBBs. I'm going to try tommorrow to work it out, but I'd much rather have someone whos already solved the problem, or knows where to look lend a hand here...
Posted By: The eXtreme One Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/15/2001 6:53 PM
Hey guys i am gonna work on fixing the bugs on this script hopefully. Yes i know there are a lot of em. smile I said hopefully so don't get your hopes up. Since i am not the creator of this hack i am not gonna put it on as high of importance as my board when i get my board done and when i have time i am gonna work on this script.

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: The eXtreme One ]
Posted By: Puffy Wulf Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/18/2001 8:56 AM
*sniff sniff* me too. O.o I feel all your pain. yes! I too have the horrible and infamous

Content-Type: text/html

at the top of my ubbpolls page. x.x ::Sniff:: I hope someone soon fixes this. frown Maybe they are ignoring us because they can't solve it? smile hehe.. could be....
Posted By: Excellent Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/20/2001 8:28 PM
Come on people.

Somebody come up with a fix.

Please.
Posted By: Excellent Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/23/2001 8:25 PM
Man ever since 6.1 beta came out support dropped down to zero...

I see more people get pissed off every time... They should keep updating/supporting "old" hack versions until a newer version of UBB comes out of Beta.

I'm very unhappy with this.
Posted By: Excellent Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/23/2001 11:21 PM
Yeah yeah, I bumped this topic within 24 hours, but what ya expect after waiting 3 weeks for an answer or fix.

So:

********************[BUMP!]********************
Posted By: Excellent Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/24/2001 10:41 AM
*BUMP*
Posted By: Excellent Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/24/2001 12:24 PM
*Kab00m*
Posted By: Excellent Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/24/2001 4:39 PM
***[BoiNK!]***
Posted By: Excellent Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/25/2001 12:13 AM
***[BaM!]***
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/25/2001 1:41 AM
Dude, chill on the bumps. If I knew how to fix your errors I would. Instead of incessantly bumping the topic, spend the time learning perl and you'd have the answer.
Posted By: Excellent Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/25/2001 3:58 PM
What's that for an answer?

Learning Pell? Hell do you think I have time for that, I got over 16000 clients and 80 servers, since I'm a webhosting provider in Holland.

So I don't seriously think I'm gonna learn Perl.

If you bring out addons, be sure to fix all the bugs and don't drop the support since there is a newer version of UBB.

These kind of things make me wonder why I ever bought an UBB license in the first place.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/25/2001 4:16 PM
:rolleyes:

There weren't any bugs when I stopped developing it, maybe install errors, but no bugs. If you are too busy, I can install it for a fee.
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/25/2001 9:45 PM
After skimming the code, your problem is probly YOUR fault. Again, post the complete URL to your board. And if you want, i can install it for a bigger fee. wink
Posted By: The eXtreme One Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/26/2001 12:37 AM
i have the same problem and i am on a win2k server i have installed this hack perfectly yet i still have problems. I am gonna look at the source and find out if i can fix it.
Posted By: The eXtreme One Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/26/2001 1:26 AM
i give up i just finished removing that hack off my ubb if somebody makes a fix let me know.
Posted By: LSGOLF Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/26/2001 1:28 AM
Ok, First off, all you people whinning for a fix for the content: text/html thing tipsy

Allen. Thanks for the hard work wink

Now. Without further ado..... THE FIX

In UBB_POLL.CGI

####### FIND ########

require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_wordlets_mods.cgi";
};

print header();
my $action = (param('action')) ? param('action') : 'Index';

######## REPLACE WITH #########

require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_wordlets_mods.cgi";
};
my $action = (param('action')) ? param('action') : 'Index';

##################################

Allen accidently included the header on all the sub pages, removing from the main call makes the error go away.

FYI, I don't know PERL, I don't know CGI. It was simply a matter of looking for the HTML command that was out off place. Please don't be discouraged Allen. This is a great poll hack.

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: LSGOLF ]
Posted By: The eXtreme One Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/26/2001 1:44 AM
i never thought of that. Thanks let me reinstall it.
Posted By: The eXtreme One Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/26/2001 1:53 AM
It Worked smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/26/2001 6:15 AM
wink

Thanks for the fix... I'll update the zip files sometime this week smile
Posted By: Excellent Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 09/26/2001 9:33 PM
Allen Ayres:
quote:
MasterMind:
quote:
LSGOLF:
quote:

All I can say is thanks LSGOLF, and to Allen & MasterMind one word of advice, don't jump to conclusions that fast...Cause even you 2 might be wrong!! LMAOROFL
Posted By: VV Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 10/02/2001 7:01 AM
Hi Allen..

Need some help.. I got all the code installed (i hope) and I can create the POll but cant seem to see it correctly. when I delete the Poll I get the folling error
"The .cgi file could not be deleteed because: No such file or directory"well I check, in the cgi-bin dir there is 1_data.cgi, but inspite of the settings it changes this to rw r r when this file is created.

Need some help please.
Have full ver 6.05 running on Unix server with intergrated poll installed and working. no other hacks at this time. Did I miss a step.
The poll is http://www.votervoices.com/cgi-bin/ubb_poll.cgi

Thanks
VV confused
Posted By: VV Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 10/03/2001 7:27 PM
Hi Allen.. boy do I feel Dumb :rolleyes: got it working.. all the answers were above.. great Hack

Thanks VV
Posted By: V00D00 Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 10/16/2001 3:35 AM
Quick question about this...

Can you SSI it to your index page?
Posted By: V00D00 Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 10/19/2001 4:05 PM
anybody?
Posted By: Bazz Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 10/31/2001 3:43 PM
this is what i get: The id_count.cgi file could not be opened because: No such file or directory.

frown whats the problem, is it the chmod stuff?
Posted By: Julia Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 11/03/2001 5:39 PM
upload the poll directory!
Posted By: MajorPDD Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 11/16/2001 8:00 PM
I have installed it but i see nothing but the wordlets??????
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBBPoll Version 6 Beta 3 - 11/16/2001 8:25 PM
quote:
yeah, more than likely... wink Coulda been due to how different servers handle it. It wasn't something reported before. If you have what line was removed, I'll update the download file with it.
© UBB.Developers