UBB.Dev
Posted By: joshsaul Please help me "de-frame" my site... - 03/08/2005 6:30 AM
I need a little assistance with migrating my site from frames to the header/footer integrated table.

From reading this forum, I realize that I need to add the following to the style:

HEADER

I see how that lets me run ubb in a table, and I see where to put in the text, but is there any easy way to integrate HTML files as the table source? I already have my content for the top and sidebar worked out in framed HTML, but how do I put that into the table and still keep the source outside of UBB. I need to be able to edit the HTML outside of the style section of the admin page.

Sorry if this is a newbie question.
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Please help me "de-frame" my site... - 03/08/2005 7:21 AM
you won't be able to.
Posted By: joshsaul Re: Please help me "de-frame" my site... - 03/08/2005 7:23 AM
So I have to add all of my content via the admin page?
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Please help me "de-frame" my site... - 03/08/2005 7:25 AM
you are correct sir! heyo!
Posted By: Charles Re: Please help me "de-frame" my site... - 03/08/2005 10:41 AM
or you can do a file include in Perl through the template files
Posted By: joshsaul Re: Please help me "de-frame" my site... - 03/08/2005 8:31 PM
Charles,

I'm not too familiar with Perl includes. Is it like an HTML include? Can you point me to a good link?

Thanks.
Posted By: Charles Re: Please help me "de-frame" my site... - 03/08/2005 8:55 PM
something like that should work:
Code
open (FILE, "include.txt") || die "cannot open file: $!";
undef $/; # read in file all at once
print <FILE>;
close FILE;
include that where the header/footer is normally called. probably somewhere in public_common.pl
© UBB.Developers