UBB.Dev
Posted By: curiousguy Customization needed - 11/07/2008 2:38 PM
I posted a wish list here

http://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/218888.html#Post218888

and also here

https://ubbdev.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/317651/Need%20pretty%20forum%20URLs,outgoin.html#Post317651

Still waiting for replies, and if there are easy ways to do that so I could do this myself or find ways to get similar functions done by myself

But I would consider paying for this, but so far there is no maior budget for it, would have to be very friendly priced. A $ 200, $100 or $50 per hour consultant is beyond my budget, a friendly hacker who enjoys a challenge and wants to make some extra cash would be feasible.

But who knows, a developer versed in ubbthreads can produce some maior customizations in very few hours of work!?

If interested, I can explain things in more detail in private messages, but I would already like to get a general idea which of the features could be done with not too much effort. Probably some could be done by integration with other software, by tweaking ubbthreads code, etc

Note: there also should be a cheap UPGRADE path for the customization, as I am very eager to get the blog function as soon as will work. So when upgrading, it should not be prohibitively difficult to port the customizations.

Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Customization needed - 11/11/2008 10:14 PM
You might contact SirDude or blaaskaak directly, both do excellent work when they have time to fit new projects in smile
Posted By: sirdude Re: Customization needed - 11/12/2008 6:41 PM
ty Allen... only problem i see is that i'm not a 'friendly hacker' ...

well, i AM friendly laugh , but i charge for that... your wishes can prolly be worked on, but it ain't cheap smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Customization needed - 11/12/2008 8:28 PM
Originally Posted by sirdude
ty Allen... only problem i see is that i'm not a 'friendly hacker' ...

well, i AM friendly laugh , but i charge for that... your wishes can prolly be worked on, but it ain't cheap smile
Those where my thoughts when I first read it
Posted By: curiousguy Re: Customization needed - 12/07/2008 12:35 AM
I am getting aware that this probably will entail more cost then I envisioned originally.

I study the possibility to either start with the simpler cheaper projects, or just invest a little more.

Of course, the more reasonably priced a qualified programmer would be, the better

SirDude and blaaskaak are a little slow to answer.

Are there more candidates that would be qualified enough to do somewhat complex programming modifications?

If my site takes off, then it could be an ongoing job .........

I have more details about the job that I send directly to the interested programmer.

My own ideas also need to mature a little more while discussing which modifications can be done with reasonable effort and which modifications would be too complex.

Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Customization needed - 12/12/2008 3:04 AM
Those 2 are the current best here, as long as you aren't in a hurry smile I've tried some of the 'rent a coder' type people but you have no idea what you're gonna get.
Posted By: blaaskaak Re: Customization needed - 12/15/2008 8:32 AM
Sorry, my dayjob is consuming all the time now with a big time consuming project, and since that pays the bills I am kinda busy this month+januari.

Since it has nothing to do with programming (it's migrating a Lotus Notes environment to Exchange 2007 for those interested), it does not mix easely with developing smile
© UBB.Developers