UBB.Dev
Hi there

*Work to start ASAP, possibly ongoing*

I run two membership systems on my site and I want to combine them. The first is UBB which I like for its topic posting and instant messaging. The other is a custom system that I have had built for people to register and use functionality across my site - which I like because it was custom built to my needs.

what I need now is advice on the best way to unify them. Can I allow people to register on my own system and also add that data to the Threads database... or the other way round. It's pretty similar stuff but I really needed my second registration for some of the custom stuff.

Here's my registration: http://www.teentoday.co.uk/profile/index.php?sec=register

I am looking for people to discuss with me what they can / cannot do.. give me examples of their work and some sort of reference and we can go from there.
Your best bet on where to start would be here

Usually I'd jump on the chance to help/make a new client, but i'm sick as a dog right now so i'm not sure how much help I would be.

BTW, you don't need a second registration to hold custom stuff, you could have a seperate table, or even add fields to the ubb tables.
I specifically want to keep my own registration and feed that into the UBB database.. is no-one interested in this profect?
IMHO, it'd be way easier (and cheaper) to do it the opposite way; keep in mind that any upgrade you'd do to the UBB would need to be re-hacked if you where to use your own solution...
I do appreciate that, but actually the UBB functionality is not the main functionality on the site... I have so much I want to build on the back of my current database which means playing around with the UBB too much is not where I want to go.. really I just want it that way round.

Money isn't the problem.
How much of that do you want to go into the forum profile?
I just want my site registration to also add them to UBB.. and maybe a hack in UBB to make the link go to their profile page on the site not the boards.
The password would need to be MD5 encrypted to save some hassle, but it probably wouldn't be too difficult.

Can you post the current code for that page and how it writes to the database?
Thanks for the reply. Are you interested in taking on the project.. we can discuss this more if so? Please pm me.

Thanks again.
I'd have to look at the code to see if it's feasible, send me a pm when you have time and a text version of the file.
Originally Posted by AllenAyres
I'd have to look at the code to see if it's feasible, send me a pm when you have time and a text version of the file.
Was thinking much the same thing myself
© UBB.Developers