UBB.Dev
Posted By: 1QuickSI Long term project - 10/17/2006 6:07 PM
Ok, here is the scoop...

I was hoping to port to another platform but have not had any success in finding a php developer that would remain on board past an exchnage of emails outlining the project. So I am back here to where I started hoping to find someone that can help. In the past many from the old UBBDev have been around to give a hand.

So that being said, this can go 1 of 3 ways (listed in my order of prefrence).

1. Develop on the new platform
2. Continue development on current (CGI/Perl)
3. Switch the Threads and start developoment all over again

Note, all correscpondences will be wither through PMs here or email. This is a paying position (PayPal prefered) and more or less is long term so payments will be agreed upon based on how we agree on the path the project should take.

Posted By: Learner Re: Long term project - 10/17/2006 8:00 PM
whats the pay...

I can code php like a mug, but I will not spen 30 to 60 days on a project for $50.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Long term project - 10/17/2006 11:28 PM
I can more or less do a ton in PHP; but a long project brings up things like funding as well (guess rusty and i are a bit a like in most aspects lol)
Posted By: 1QuickSI Re: Long term project - 10/18/2006 3:35 PM
Due to the complexity of the project and more then likely the on going continous development payment is going to have to be discussed as it can be per feature or fixed based on a set of features. There is no way you could place a single fixed price on a project like this. I will say though I do have some rough numbers in mind that covers the "written down modifications" as to what I believe it will cost since I have spoken to numerous developers and am comfortable with the number +/-.

What I am looking for is someone who will do what they say or at least be honest enough to say that they might have difficulty with certain requests. I have no problem with learning curves or things taking a little more time then expected. What I do not want is someone who says, yes, yes yes and disappears. In other words be honest, professional and compitent.

As for who I am, 40ish, own a professinal race monster truck, work as a network engineer, and have run an online community for over 2 decades.

If you want to know more please PM or email/IM me at [email protected] and I will be happy to discuss further.
© UBB.Developers