UBB.Dev
Posted By: jpfitness Need help fixing some transfer problems! - 01/22/2006 2:45 AM
I have never been one to refer to myself as desperate, but I guess that I am today. Moved hosting companies, and transferred my forum to their new servers.

Old forum was UBB classic. Converted to UBB threads, and experienced MANY difficulties. Site was down for a week in the process. It's up now, but several key contributors and [:"red"] all [/] their posts are gone. Need to retrieve them and plug them back in. I do still have the original back-up.

Also, the first back-up was made on 1-12-06, but transfer didn't start until 4 days later, and over 20 new users and all the posts from that week are gone. Although this is not as high a priority as restoring the key contributors, it is important to me. I have the original forum fully in tact on the old server so a fresh backup can be made.

Also, cannot create posts right now. Is there something in the admin that I need to enable? Since going back live today, cannot create posts.

In the control panel, I am unable to update/change the "feature settings" and the "general settings".

Please help me get my site active again. This has really damaged my business, and all it was supposed to do was improve it.

I am on dual load-balanced dedicated servers, so bandwidth should not be an issue.

I can't get any support from UBB. I guess they reserve their assistance only for people paying more (as if I didn't pay enough). These are problems that I need fixed immediately. Please CALL me if you can help. My cell is 501-952-5735. Or PM me your phone # and I will call you. I will put you in touch with my developers/hosts so you can either help them tweak it or they can give you the log-in info so that you can fix it.

Did I mention that I was desperate? My forum is sorta big and VERY active. My users have been all too patient, but it is wearing thin. I am afraid I am going to lose them.

Thanks in advance if you can help.
Here is the error message I get when trying to make changes in the "general settings" and "feature settings" part of the control panel:

Specified session path does not exist or is not writeable. Unable to update settings.

The message I get when I try to post is this:

The form you have submitted is no longer valid.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Why can't I post?
Posted By: jpfitness New message in control panel - 01/22/2006 4:07 AM
This is what I see when I try to change general or feature settings now. Hm...

config.inc.php is not writeable. Please fix the permissions on this file and try again.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: New message in control panel - 01/22/2006 5:58 AM
sure, pm me some info and I can do the work
Posted By: jpfitness Re: New message in control panel - 01/22/2006 7:37 PM
Don't know if you got my PM... How soon can you start?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: New message in control panel - 01/22/2006 10:35 PM
today if you like... I'm doing work on the computer all day/evening.
© UBB.Developers