UBB.Dev
Posted By: Benoit Webbbs Conversion - 09/13/2003 3:26 PM
Looking for a script, or to hire someone to create a Webbbs (www.awsd.com) conversion script.
Posted By: omegatron Re: Webbbs Conversion - 09/19/2003 3:36 AM
Should be close to a ubb classic conversion. Basically from what I can see FLAT FILE conversion to mysql. Although I know no one who has done this personally and convert scripts tend to be time consuming to make.

I will PM you.
Posted By: bud Re: Webbbs Conversion - 09/27/2003 7:29 AM
I have a script that does the conversion. Due to differences in the data between the two products, there are some considerations and assumptions that must take place. Contact me if you're interested. I can do a sample run and let you see what it looks likes on-line before we proceed.
Posted By: navaho Re: Webbbs Conversion - 09/30/2003 11:17 PM
Before you do that, bud, you're going to fix my copywrite and powered by information, aren't you?
Posted By: bud Re: Webbbs Conversion - 10/03/2003 12:24 AM
No I'm not. We were a customer of Rick's for years before Infopop came along. According to this post, we're grandfathered.

http://community.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic...4915#8703074915
Posted By: navaho Re: Webbbs Conversion - 10/03/2003 2:13 AM
You either have to fix it or remove it altogether. If it is there it cannot be altered as you have altered yours.

I'm quite sure of this as I am the one that answered the question you have linked to.
Posted By: bud Re: Webbbs Conversion - 10/03/2003 2:33 AM
A. I am aware that you are the person that responded to the post.

B. I guess I'm just not smart enough to understand what you said in that post. It seemed so obvious, too.

C. You need to take this up with the licensee. I am not that person. You have come to some conclusion based on my ThreadsDev profile that appears to be incorrect. I find your post to be threatening. I would think a review of your own paperwork would be more appropriate.

D. Thanks for hijacking the original thread. I would hope that a professional would have contacted me in a more appropriate manner.

E. You do a great disservice to ThreadsDev by trolling these forums in such a manner. People visit them because it is not the Infopop website.

I'm sure you think you're justified in what you've done. You may be. Still, there are right and wrong ways to go about handing issues that you think are wrong. My opinion is that you did not use the appropriate method of communicating the issue to the wrong person. I'm sure you think otherwise.

I no longer wish to communicate with you.
Posted By: Texas_Offroad Re: Webbbs Conversion - 10/03/2003 3:30 AM
Hello Dave,

Bud sent me a head's up and a link to this thread. I haven't been here in so long, I had to create a new user.

What a rude thing to throw up in the face of a community support not-for-profit project run by volunteers on a donation basis.....

We'll remove the link if that's what you need in order to feel powerful. The site is powered by the Texas Offroad Network. We simply left an open link to the UBB website as a courtesy.

This seems like a trivial issue and a waste of time, if you ask me. Frankly, I agree with Bud that your post was unnecessarily aggressive and an insult to those of us who helped build the community of support that made W3T into a market leader.

Since I'm a very poor man who operates a message board and server and free webhosting for non-profit dirtbike clubs in Texas....and it costs me money, rather than making money (like you)....I'm tempted to tell you to simply piss off and get in line behind the $35,000 in credit card debt and the IRS....

In regards to the topic Bud was responding to....

Bud has worked out some very useful hacks to the codebase.
We have to...we are non-profit and can't afford to support the corporate machine. I'm sure he'd be glad to offer you a helping hand. Everyone on OUR staff are nice people....unlike some jerks I run into on the these message boards....

Just my 2c....

Thanks to all of you for your hard work.

Bobby Beamer
Spring, Tx

Texas Offroad Network
Project Manager
www.texasoffroad.net

Voted as the 2003 Best Trails Organization
website in North America by American Trails.org

NOHVCC - Texas Rep.
National OHV Conservation Council

Texas Motorized Trails Coalition
TMTC Board Member - At Large Rep

Tread Lightly!
National Instructor Program
Master Trainer

Thanks for your support of OHV access in Texas!
See you on the Trails and on the Tracks....
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Webbbs Conversion - 10/03/2003 4:29 AM
[]bud said:
E. You do a great disservice to ThreadsDev by trolling these forums in such a manner. People visit them because it is not the Infopop website.
[/]

I wouldn't say Dave is "trolling" to anyone here. Not to get in the middle of this, but I'll add that Dave (aka Infopop) provides our "home" here providing us with the server and bandwidth that we need, and has proved helpful to myself and others in various posts around here.

He reads these forums to help otheres, like most of us here, and helps where and when he can. His advice has saved me with server issues/MySQL issues on more than one occation.

Posted By: Benoit Re: Webbbs Conversion - 10/06/2003 8:55 PM

Hi Bud,

I'd be interested in seeing what you have for this. My email address is: [][email protected][/]

Thanks!

p.
© UBB.Developers