UBB.Dev
Posted By: RandyM Portal 360 - 01/23/2005 8:00 AM
I moved everything to www.portal360.com and Milano Interactive. Digital Princeton seems to have vanished, at least the support and sales. No one answers the phones or responds to email so even though the sites were up I moved. I have had EXCELLENT service from the new place. If you need hosting give them a chance, you'll be glad you did.

You can contact Mike Milano at [email protected] and tell him randy sent you!
Posted By: Ron M Re: Portal 360 - 01/23/2005 8:18 AM
Randy, it has been like that since August of last year. I pulled my UBB off there in September over to www.ev1servers.net on a VPS. I emailed them like 3 or 4 times with out a response in a month period. I even emailed Steve Kleinert directly without a response.

You should make sure that portal360 has the requirements of the new UBB assuming you are moving to it wink
Posted By: Ron M Re: Portal 360 - 01/23/2005 8:33 AM
Oh, and DP doesn't own UBBHosters.com anymore:

Domain name: UBBHOSTERS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Hostnuke Ltd
Hostnuke Ltd ([email protected])
+1.2062035030
Fax: +1.2062035014
Unit 2331
Copthall, ROSEAU DM
DM
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Portal 360 - 01/23/2005 8:42 AM
so, i was bored and registered it...
Posted By: RandyM Re: Portal 360 - 01/23/2005 8:57 AM
Portal360 is owned by a member of Netwerkin. I've met him before and he knows all about the requirements. He has been outstanding. He posts at Netwerkin as mmilano and I have a lot of faith in him and his servers. It's so nice to find good hosts.

The odd thing about DP was that I never paid a penny to be there. I helped Steve out now and then and sometimes I'd ask for him to bill me so I'd feel better about being there but he never responded to that. I guess the help I gave him was enough.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Portal 360 - 01/24/2005 12:47 AM
Strange, I know several who have rather busy sites with DP - they've had no problem with them.
Posted By: Ron M Re: Portal 360 - 01/24/2005 2:39 AM
The servers were stable, its the fact that support and sales have been non-existant. It really reeks of a company that could pull the plug any minute....
Posted By: RandyM Re: Portal 360 - 01/24/2005 6:10 AM
Originally posted by AllenAyres:

Strange, I know several who have rather busy sites with DP - they've had no problem with them.
Their servers were outstanding. I'm sure they still are but I was afraid that I'd wake up one morning and they'd be gone. Portal360 actually does backups as well.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Portal 360 - 01/24/2005 7:41 AM
DP is doing the daily backups for my friends - 182mb zips right now for the forum db - I grab a copy every few days for them to keep one in an extra place. They also report that they have no problem getting ahold of them - very strange how different people's experience may be. I wonder what the issue could be.
Posted By: GlassRattler Re: Portal 360 - 11/29/2005 4:49 AM
Originally posted by RandyM:

Originally posted by AllenAyres:
[qb]
[/qb]
Their servers were outstanding. I'm sure they still are but I was afraid that I'd wake up one morning and they'd be gone. Portal360 actually does backups as well.

Well Randy I think you were right, my site went down 5 days ago and I can't get ahold of anyone for Digital Princeton, they were outstanding for years but the last couple of month it has been impossible to get ahold of anyone.
© UBB.Developers