UBB.Dev
Posted By: AllenAyres Downtime Notice - 06/30/2004 6:02 PM
We are changing domain registrars today. You may experience some downtime over the next 2-3 days as the DNS updates to the new registrars.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Downtime Notice - 07/01/2004 4:29 AM
To whom? I know that GoDaddy rocks, cheap prices for domains; and for me who likes to get the longest date possible i love it wink ...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Downtime Notice - 07/01/2004 5:25 AM
www.joker.com - $12 for one year isn't too bad smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Downtime Notice - 07/01/2004 5:32 AM
ah, ok, the transfer went through and the nameservers didn't get changed, so there shouldn't be any sort of problem with site outages smile
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Downtime Notice - 07/01/2004 6:19 AM
Originally posted by AllenAyres:

ah, ok, the transfer went through and the nameservers didn't get changed, so there shouldn't be any sort of problem with site outages smile

That's not true, I can't access the site right now
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Downtime Notice - 07/01/2004 6:56 AM
GoDaddy is cheaper... Joker is like double that of godaddy... I moved all of my domains over ($6 each during their sale, which was like a dollar off) to GoDaddy and even renewed some to 10 years for under $100... It's like 900X better than Dotster too wink (I have a thing against dotster; their support sucks and I mysteriously lost control of some of my domains for about a week)...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Downtime Notice - 02/26/2005 5:08 AM
Originally posted by Gizzy:

To whom? I know that GoDaddy rocks, cheap prices for domains; and for me who likes to get the longest date possible i love it wink ...
ok, I'm trying it now with a domain, took more than a week to get an email from register.com to complete the transfer - not sure who was at fault smash
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Downtime Notice - 02/26/2005 8:33 AM
I gave up on godaddy, their ssl service is a joke (they mention no where that you have 30 days to rekey or you're screwed); so in essnce i have a 2 year ssl certificate that's invalid :nod;...

I asked if they could allow me access to re-key 2 weeks after their 30day window and they said no, upon informing them that it doens't say anything in the ssl section of their site on a re-key... Needless to say i'm moving my 30 domains to my eNom account ($7.95 renewals/registrations)
Posted By: Charles Re: Downtime Notice - 02/26/2005 10:00 AM
well for domains they are still the cheapest smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Downtime Notice - 02/26/2005 10:57 AM
heh, not for me wink ... I can renew domains at a base of $7.95; they offer $8.95. There are also cheaper sites, i've seen down to $6.95 but hadn't used the services to validate if it's anything of value.
Posted By: Charles Re: Downtime Notice - 03/13/2005 12:55 AM
I have quite a number of domains I only use anymore for email fowarding, godaddy offers that but they do not allow a basic HTML page so someone trying my email's domain will end up on a godday sale page smirk I use to have a page when I was at stargate but when time to renew came I found them too expensive (around $10 but I think they have lowered their prices sinces)

does your company offer these services? i have some domains I need to renew probably
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Downtime Notice - 03/13/2005 1:17 AM
My company utilizes eNom's systems, public pricing on domains through us is $10.95 on .com/net/org; I am not sure what eNom uses for a placeholder page (as I've never had a need to check it); they offer full DNS hosting however (including URL forwarding)
Posted By: Charles Re: Downtime Notice - 03/13/2005 1:21 AM
yeah same for godaddy but I hate their placeholder full of ads. maybe I'll switch some domains back to stargate. I didn't have the need for hosting accounts anymore so I plan on sticking to basic feature jst to forward specific email adress to my yahoo plus account.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Downtime Notice - 03/13/2005 2:50 AM
Ya know, www.mydomain.com offers free domain forwarding; i could give you a subdomain on one of my sites to have a placeholder or whatever...

Also, i could give you a lead on ~$7.99 domain registrations through a reseller account (offer only valid for the charles' allen and ian), message me on AIM if interested.
Posted By: Charles Re: Downtime Notice - 03/13/2005 11:50 AM
ok thanks I'll think about it.

I wonder how enom manages to stay in business with such steep prices smirk
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Downtime Notice - 03/14/2005 6:56 AM
eNom's public pricing are like $40/yr, for those with an affiliate agreement you can get down to $6.95; my account is at $7.95. Usually you have to add $6950 for a $6.95 account, and like $4000 for a $7.95 account but i got mine from a etp (top level account holder) at $6.96 (dollar increase = what i have).
© UBB.Developers